PDA

View Full Version : Tecate web site?

Lizzerd
03-12-04, 04:20 AM
I've Googled a few combinations, and can't find a Tecate beer web site. I already sent a none too pleasant email to Adrian (from which I don't expect a reponse), but I'd like to tell Tecate how I feel as well. :mad: I know it won't do any good, but I just want to tell them that I won't be drinking their product any more...

All I get in searches is how to buy the beer and stuff on the city of Tecate.

Anybody know?

Brickman
03-12-04, 05:08 AM
I've Googled a few combinations, and can't find a Tecate beer web site. I already sent a none too pleasant email to Adrian (from which I don't expect a reponse), but I'd like to tell Tecate how I feel as well. :mad: I know it won't do any good, but I just want to tell them that I won't be drinking their product any more...

All I get in searches is how to buy the beer and stuff on the city of Tecate.

Anybody know?

Easy... http://cervezatecate.com/index_main.html

Modello or Tecate. What can I say? Southern California. :cool: (Stainless Steel Coleman in 5th wheel still has a few left from Las Vegas, NASCAR)

KLang
03-12-04, 07:48 AM
Not so fast Lizzerd. I thought Tecate was pulling back from AF and moving their money to either the series or tracks. Their isn't any indication so far that they are gone.

Robstar
03-12-04, 08:26 AM
Hey, by all means, call me a naive, freaky ass, dude with no idea, Aussie, who apparently has no idea... :eek:

I have to say - politics aside... what happened to all those staunch, three amigos will reign supreme, ChampCar will be OK, just another obstacle, danger is my middle name, problems... what problems...? I eat them for breakfast....

Funny that eh ?

You guys know a lot more than most... but (no offence) it seems to me that as soon as things turn sour, everyone starts infighting...

Disclaimer: pretty trashed, but i stand by my sentiments...

:) :)

BTW - I'll see some of you on the Coast !! :cool:

dando
03-12-04, 11:48 AM
You guys know a lot more than most... but (no offence) it seems to me that as soon as things turn sour, everyone starts infighting...

No doubt. Amazing how quickly folks around here started throwing out the FAFs, etc. :shakehead

re: Tecate sponsorship...the only official mention of which I am aware is from Despain on Wind Tunnel Wed. However, if you read the PR news from the Fernandez Racing site, Tecate is mentioned third in the list of sponsors for AF. Based on the Tecate site's promo for LBGP, the announcement took them by surprise, too.

-Kevin

Insomniac
03-12-04, 01:07 PM
No doubt. Amazing how quickly folks around here started throwing out the FAFs, etc. :shakehead

You're right. I'm so sorry I said FAF Adrian. Please forgive me. How dare I say that when you are so upstanding. You unveil your car at the preview, do the press get photographs and then bolt 2 days later. You make a big splash while doing it too. Every one of us should be ashamed.

dando
03-12-04, 05:50 PM
You're right. I'm so sorry I said FAF Adrian. Please forgive me. How dare I say that when you are so upstanding. You unveil your car at the preview, do the press get photographs and then bolt 2 days later. You make a big splash while doing it too. Every one of us should be ashamed.
Do you know the full story? Enough said. I, too, am disappointed in his decision. However, I'll take the high road rather than some of the sheep around here saying F* this and F* that @ the drop of a hat. Instead I'll say thanks for the memories, AF. For your sake, and @ your age, I hope the soft walls don't hurt so much.

-Kevin

Lizzerd
03-12-04, 06:17 PM
Okay, I did not send an email to Tecate. The more I learned, the more I point my finger at entities other than Adrian's sponsor. Tecate is not to blame here.

Never mind...

audi quattro
03-13-04, 05:49 PM
Who knows what tecate's stance is here?
Maybe FAF wouldn't commit to OWRS so tecate backed off on their sponsorship. Or even that tecate wasn't interested in going to the IRL so they told FAF a long time ago. It was said that they will increase promotion at the races themselves. If that is the case, then tecate is actually an asset to OWRS.

Jag_Warrior
03-13-04, 07:33 PM
Much like the police chief in Miller's Crossing, I know I don't know nothin', but I figure it this way. Over the years I've admired and/or respected most of these racers and team owners. But in the past few years I've come to realize that most of them are nothing but wh*res in crash helmets. Doing what the sponsor wants... in this case probably just means that Honda wrote him a fat check showing muchos pesos. They did the spendin' and Adriana is doin' the bendin'. Booby Rahole is no different (IMO).

And don't anybody give me that crap about this being a business move. If Adriana was ALL about business (s)he'd be trying to form a NASCAR team or something - better yet, he'd form a real business. Looking out for his employees, etc. Yeah, riiiight. Honda will set his candy bruised @ss up with a big check, instead of some former IRL operation, because they think it'll hasten the death of CCWS. Why do you think they've worked so hard to poach CART teams instead of the teams that once formed the backbone of the IRL?!

And to think I wasted money on a Fernandez diecast at Christmas. Since the putana broke up with me about that time, I ended up getting stuck with this piece of crap. And to beat all, the rear wing fell off. Sorta ironic, wouldn't ya say?