PDA

View Full Version : Jourdain to IRL too?

Willam
03-11-04, 11:40 PM
Robin Miller talked with DD on Wind Tunnel and said that after AF's departure there are rumors about meetings involving the IRL and Rahal's team and that Miche Jourdain Jr. might soon follow Adrian's way...

racer2c
03-11-04, 11:46 PM
Why do this now? He couldn't have done this when it looked like there wouldn't be a ChampCar a few months ago? F-Rahal. F-Adrian.

lone_groover
03-11-04, 11:47 PM
I don't see it happening this year. WHEN Rahole goes, it won't be with Gigante and Jourdain.

Robstar
03-11-04, 11:47 PM
What the... ?
Surely not... :confused:

Hot Rod Otis
03-12-04, 09:41 AM
What the... ?
Surely not... :confused:

But then again.....

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/10191/

:( :(

Insomniac
03-12-04, 10:31 AM
WTH is going on? Mexican driver's don't even want to race in Mexico now? I see how much it really means to them to race in Mexico now. :rolleyes:

JLMannin
03-12-04, 10:40 AM
As lonegroover point out above, Rahal has not yet officially bolted. As far as speculating that Gigante will follow AF to the irl - if Gigante was so enamoured with AF, then why were they not sponsoring him/his team?

Jourdain will race where Gigante says he is to race. I hope that it is champcar.

Wolverine
03-12-04, 11:33 AM
WTH is going on? Mexican driver's don't even want to race in Mexico now? I see how much it really means to them to race in Mexico now. :rolleyes:

They just want to race, and it would appear that Mr. Fernandez concluded that OWRS is on such shaky ground that there may not be any races in Mexico anyway.

Despite all of the happy talk about "18 cars in the bag," reality is that the track in Long Beach is scheduled to open for the first practice session of the new season a mere 5 weeks from today. With only 12 cars confirmed as of today and Rahal apparently considering his options, at least a third of any hypothetical opening day 18-car field would have to be formed, announced, and be ready to racing in less than 5 weeks. Even if they pull it off, these hypothetical teams would be so wanky as to make Dale Coyne look like Roger Penske. 2 of the 3 OWRS principals resorting to using buy-a-ride guys to round out their 2-car teams is another ominous sign.

I hope against all odds that OWRS can make it, but even if they succeed I suspect things will get worse before they turn the corner and start getting better.