PDA

View Full Version : Official Spike announcement

KLang
03-10-04, 04:04 PM
Yahoo link (http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040310/nyw129_1.html)

The Spike TV partnership will give fans a consistent time slot in which to follow the Champ Car World Series, airing the races in a two-hour block from 4:00-6:00pm ET/PT on Sunday afternoons.

Ok, this makes more sense then the 'every timezone' thing from yesterday.

:thumbup:

Insomniac
03-10-04, 05:36 PM
Yahoo link (http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040310/nyw129_1.html)

Ok, this makes more sense then the 'every timezone' thing from yesterday.

:thumbup:

It gets beter:

All races will be filmed in HD-Net and broadcast in both HD and standard formats – both in a wide-screen letterbox format.

All the regular guys will get the same feed, just not in HDTV. So we get the same exact coverage. And you know Cuban doesn't skimp on anything. :)

oddlycalm
03-10-04, 06:40 PM
Many will be dissapointed by the TV package, but considering the situation this is probably the best that could be expected. The HDTV news is certainly interesting, and may influence when I upgrade to HD.

oc

ferrarigod
03-10-04, 11:54 PM
Many will be dissapointed by the TV package, but considering the situation this is probably the best that could be expected. The HDTV news is certainly interesting, and may influence when I upgrade to HD.

oc

I don't see how any can be dissapointed. Spike is seen on more tv's and lower in the digits than Speed, and they are willing to take it, and maybe pay for things where Speed demanded CART paying them. Promotion is a big part, and it ChampCar can be placed in ads on all the Viacom channels, well then I'm very excited.

4wheeldrifter
03-11-04, 09:17 AM
Spike available in 87 million homes. How's that compare with Speed? Seems like it's higher than the last number I saw.

edit:

A quick poll around the office shows that many here don't have access to Speed (due to basic cable) but all have access to Spike. :thumbup:

Insomniac
03-11-04, 09:23 AM
I don't see how any can be dissapointed. Spike is seen on more tv's and lower in the digits than Speed, and they are willing to take it, and maybe pay for things where Speed demanded CART paying them. Promotion is a big part, and it ChampCar can be placed in ads on all the Viacom channels, well then I'm very excited.

People without cable won't be too happy. Also, ChampCar is still buying the time. They get promotion with it though.

Insomniac
03-11-04, 09:25 AM
Spike available in 87 million homes. How's that compare with Speed? Seems like it's higher than the last number I saw.

edit:

A quick poll around the office shows that many here don't have access to Speed (due to basic cable) but all have access to Spike. :thumbup:

They were supposed to get up to 87M homes last year. They were at 54M at last official count. But, I think that is how many cable subscribers could get it, not how many actually get it.

KLang
03-11-04, 10:24 AM
Also, ChampCar is still buying the time. They get promotion with it though.

If they are paying anything I doubt it is all that much. I think both Spike and HDNet are happy to get the programming.

But we're unlikely to ever no for sure. :)

Insomniac
03-11-04, 09:42 PM
If they are paying anything I doubt it is all that much. I think both Spike and HDNet are happy to get the programming.

I read it somewhere. Someone from Champ Car said it was a time buy, but it was okay becuase they have partners who are going to promote it. I'll try to find the link.

Insomniac
03-11-04, 09:47 PM

It was at http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7548, but they mysteriously replaced it with the X-Prize story.