PDA

View Full Version : cleveland

rosawendel
03-10-04, 01:42 PM
question: cleveland is still listed as happening on july third (a saturday), yet the feedback has it as no longer being a night race. any info on it staying as a three-day event?

DjDrOmusic
03-10-04, 03:14 PM
I spoke with a person at the Champcar office today about Cleveland. The race IS on Saturday afternoon!! They didn't want to bump heads with any 4th of July celebrations. Tickets sales and the promoter will be announced ASAP. :)

Sean O'Gorman
03-10-04, 03:21 PM
Blah on the daytime (though understandable), yay on it being on a Saturday, and yay that they've finally found a promoter. I'll probably actually have to pay for tickets this year due to the new promoter, but it'll be worth it.

Racing Truth
03-10-04, 03:28 PM
Blah on the daytime (though understandable), yay on it being on a Saturday, and yay that they've finally found a promoter. I'll probably actually have to pay for tickets this year due to the new promoter, but it'll be worth it.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: All good by me, as long as it isn't too hot. Since we're on the lake, shouldn't be a problem.

DjDrOmusic
03-10-04, 07:31 PM
All good by me, as long as it isn't too hot. Since we're on the lake, shouldn't be a problem.
I was there the year Al Unser Sr. won the race, and I think my hair started to melt! It felt like it was 104 with the humidity somewhere near 1000!! :saywhat: ;)