PDA

View Full Version : How Cool is PKVR???

CARTNUT
03-10-04, 03:42 AM
Just got back from the fan fest in Long Beach and I gotta tell you I am STOKED for 2004!!! JEEMY'S got a LOLA!!! Bridgestone's talking about softer tires and Champ Car is looking real good for Long Beach next month!!!

I missed out on getting a Nii hat at the Hot Pit demo Vasser put on in the parking lot so I went looking for one. When I got inside the LB Arena I approached PKVR's pr girl and inquired as to the possibility of securing a team hat like the ones Jimmy tossed into the crowd after the pit demo. "No go." She said. They only brought a few and they were all gone! (but it seemed that every little kid in the place, except for me, had one on!) Bummed out, I mulled over to Paul Tracy and RHR for an autograph to try to cheer myself up. I walked back over to the PKVR area and started talking to none other than Kevin Kalkhoven himself! I told him how COOL I thought the paint scheme looked on their new cars, AND IT DOES! They were definately the best looking cars there! I also asked him about how I could get a hat like the one he had on. He said they would have them at the race next month. (I gotta wait 5 weeks to get a team hat for my favorite driver? I was really bummin' now. )

A little later on Jimmy came into the arena. I had him autograph my white Champ Car hat that I purchased from Speedgear. I took the hat and turned to Mr. Kalkhoven and jokingly said, "Would you be interested in trading your PKVR hat for a Jimmy Vasser autographed Champ Car hat????"
He laughed at me! Then he took his hat off his head and put it on mine!!!!!
Stunned, I thanked him and showed it to Anaya who took it and handed it to my man JEEMY who immedately signed it. How cool is that?
What a night! :laugh:
So again, Jimmy and Kevin, Thank you both for being so cool tonight!
And for keeping Champ Cars alive!!!

It's gonna be a great year!

GO JEEMY!!! :cool:
'NUT :gomer:

It was great to see so many of the old gang there tonight, too!

BTW - Winston Wolfe, you're right; That girl was HOT!!! (Even if it was really a guy!) :eek:

HolyCrap
03-10-04, 09:21 AM
Holy Crap, what a GREAT story to share with us.

And that is EXACTLY the kind of thing that all the players on the Champ Car scene need to repeat with its very, very loyal fans.

I've gotta get me some of those new hats as well, since once again I will be representing JEEMY in my HO Champ Car World Series racing series based here in Milwaukee. Ah Milwaukee, the only oval on the schedule this season!

Insomniac
03-10-04, 10:38 AM
Pretty cool. I remember JV also giving someone the ASTJ hat off his head last year.

I'm not so sure about softer Bridgestones. I'd like to see less marbles personally.

G.
03-10-04, 12:13 PM
OutSTANDING story! Wish I were there. :cry:

OK, what's the story about the girl? Pic?