PDA

View Full Version : Something to ponder

SteveH
03-09-04, 11:11 PM
"To accomplish the real motive behind the IRL -- preserving at the very highest level the century-old American tradition of oval track racing and the true heritage of the Indy 500 -- a second series became necessary."

- from the IRLNewsletter, Vol. 1 #2, Sept. 1, 1995

Lizzerd
03-10-04, 12:07 AM
That quote makes me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What a crock of puke...

DaveL
03-10-04, 12:37 AM
I guess that was just one more thing that fans and media misinterpreted, just like the deal about lowering costs, more Americans, short tracker drivers, no leases, etc etc

Ziggy
03-10-04, 01:20 AM
Like ripping an eight year old scab off aint it?

Ziggy

Insomniac
03-10-04, 10:53 AM
This can all be summarized:

"TG quote from any moment before right now."

"TG quote contradicting previous quote today."

If he didn't contradict everything he said, I'd be worried. ;)

cart7
03-10-04, 10:56 AM
Here's a clue Tony, survey the oval track landscape circa early 1990's. (Not much there is there?) Partner with Cart/Nascar about the concerns, formulate plan that builds a compromise(if possible) of a good racey track, in new markets with all the perks for both series. Sign them on early and get commitment to run the tracks far into the future. Use money you would have used to start and finance a really bad idea (the earl) and put it to good use to build at least 4 tracks with the idea's above. 1 somewhere around NYC, possibly buy out Pocono and improve track's safety or build in Eastern PA. The other 2 in the location of choice. That would have showed concern about oval racing tradition.