PDA

View Full Version : Dishnet and Viacom NO SPIKE!

G.
03-09-04, 01:19 PM
Apparently Dishnetwork and Viacom can't agree to how much it should cost to broadcast their channels. So no CBS, MTV, VH1, others? No CSI, no comedy central, Nick channels (kids are gonna be PO'ed!)

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! NO SPIKE TV!!!!!!!! :flame: :mad:

KLang
03-09-04, 01:25 PM
I'll have to check for sure tonight but this (http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/updates/index.shtml) annoucement at Dishnetwork doesn't list Spike as being involved. Someone over at CW said Spike was covered under a different contract.

4wheeldrifter
03-09-04, 02:09 PM
The guys I talked to about this say it involves: MTV, VH1, Nick, BET, and nationally owned CBS stations.... no mention of Spike.

G.
03-09-04, 02:41 PM
Where's the "edit the topic title since you over-reacted" button?

Insomniac
03-09-04, 03:08 PM
Cox just avoided a dispute with ESPN. I would've switched to Dish, and then this would've happened. And I would've been stuck. Why can't DTV hurry up and get their new satellite up in space!

chop456
03-09-04, 03:25 PM
Spike is still on.

Calm down.

Brickman
03-09-04, 06:09 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2004/03/09/technology/echostar_viacom/index.htm

G.
03-11-04, 04:35 PM
All done now. Nick's back on, the kiddies have stopped shaking...

KLang
03-11-04, 04:40 PM
Boy, the people in the Dishnetwork satellite forums were up in arms over this one. :eek:

I can't recall the last time I watched any of those channels.

Insomniac
03-11-04, 10:06 PM
These disputes are so entertaining. Cox had one for ESPN. So much fun. Cox accuses ESPN of increasing rates way too much and they'll have to raise our rates. ESPN accuses Cox of making customers pay for ll the digital upgrades, that's why it is so high. Neither one refutes the other. They settle and they both won. I guarantee you that if Cox pulled ESPN, they wouldn't have reduced rates. Same thing with Dish. [Edit: I'm wrong. "As promised, you will receive a $1 credit on your next billing statement. In addition, we would like to thank you for all of your support by sending you a free DISH On Demand Pay-Per-View coupon that will allow you to view upcoming hits like "Cat in the Hat" and "School of Rock." The coupon will arrive in your April billing statement. Enjoy a movie on us." Pretty cool of them.] And the networks try to leverage cable companies. Forcing extra channels and what not. Pot calling the kettle black.

Yes, I'm a racist Omarosa. :)