03-08-04, 08:18 PM
Cool! I look forward to seeing it. ;)

rabbit
03-08-04, 08:32 PM
http://www.champweb.net/v2_gallery/index.php?c=gal2004_00&p=3
very :cool:

Lola_B70
03-08-04, 08:42 PM
What a great looking livery, Jimmy smilin', the chassis is sweet. What a great feeling. Nice going Jeemy! (and co.) :D

Brickman
03-08-04, 08:46 PM
Very sharp paint and graphics.

KLang
03-08-04, 08:47 PM
Sweet looking cars! :thumbup:

Notice all the sponsor decals. Gulfstream. :cool:

racer2c
03-08-04, 08:48 PM
Very nice albeit somewhat busy. Better busy than boring though. Very original. I like it!

nz_climber
03-08-04, 09:31 PM
I like it :thumbup: champcars are so sexy!! can't wait to see them on track :)

ps Danica don't look too bad either ;)

Dr. Corkski
03-08-04, 10:54 PM
Looks pretty sharp :thumbup:, but reminds me of PacWest though.

Now if only Jimmy can get a driver in the other car...

theunions
03-08-04, 11:02 PM
Looks pretty sharp :thumbup:, but reminds me of PacWest though.

For me, only in the Nextel/"NII" sense (exactly how is the sponsor's name supposed to be pronounced, anyway?)

What really reminds me of PacWest (or rather PKR) is the thinly-liveried Rocketsports cars, using the same #8 and #17 McCaw last used...

Now if only Jimmy can get a driver in the other car...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bob_S.
03-08-04, 11:17 PM
For me, only in the Nextel/"NII" sense (exactly how is the sponsor's name supposed to be pronounced, anyway?

From what I've been reading, its pronounced "$$$$$$$$$$s" :D
Can't help it, I've backed Jimmy for so long and he's due for this good news. :thumbup:
BTW, last time I e-mailed ya, you were still in Cali? Howzit? :cool: We're still keeping ICR2 alive (that's kinda downplaying it), check it out sometime.

http://forum.m4driving.sm/index.php?act=SF&f=135

Don Quixote
03-08-04, 11:24 PM
Nice! :cool:

nrc
03-08-04, 11:44 PM
I guess "Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv (http://lorien.sdsu.edu/~carroll/audio/icky.wav)" wouldn't fit on the sidepods.

Old3Fan
03-09-04, 12:26 AM
The paint jobs are great but I especially like
that Jimmy Vasser is sitting in one of the seats. :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
03-09-04, 12:33 AM
I don't think these photos do the cars justice. It's too hard to tell what their proper color is. I do like the black accents though.

Apparently PKVR are the keepers of the sacred words: 'Nii', 'Peng', and 'Neee-wom'.

Bob_S.
03-09-04, 12:36 AM
I don't think these photos do the cars justice. It's too hard to tell what their proper color is. I do like the black accents though.

Apparently PKVR are the keepers of the sacred words: 'Nii', 'Peng', and 'Neee-wom'.

Just don't say "it"! :eek:

Insomniac
03-09-04, 09:08 AM
Is there a new investor/partner? Who/What is the "V"?

Audi_A4
03-09-04, 09:29 AM
Is there a new investor/partner? Who/What is the "V"?

"V" Stands for VASSER .... Jeemy owns a small piece of the team.

About the paint job, its really nice!

ShickStift
03-09-04, 10:02 AM
It would be nice if the two major 'sponsors' on the side of the car weren't holding companies of Kevin Kalkhoven.

G.
03-09-04, 01:13 PM
Beautiful cars!

What are the telephonic symbol thingies on the last pic (so far)? It's the frontal shot, right front wing (left side of pic), vertical part.

Insomniac
03-09-04, 03:30 PM
"V" Stands for VASSER .... Jeemy owns a small piece of the team.

About the paint job, its really nice!

Pretty cool. Now we can see what he can do with a Lola. Will anyone have a Reynard?

KLang
03-09-04, 03:32 PM
Will anyone have a Reynard?

I think just Conquest at this point although they aren't confirmed yet.

lone_groover
03-09-04, 03:33 PM
nrc, VERY silly.

:saywhat:

ferrarigod
03-09-04, 03:44 PM
Just got this off of ChampWeb. Looks just like last seasons pre racing colors before they added the orange :thumdown: I like the Prost/Ligier Blue with white letter much more. Just wanted to share, hope they don't add yellow to it again :thumbup: :) http://www.champweb.net/v2_images_database/gal2004_00/DSC00434.JPG

TravelGal
03-09-04, 06:51 PM
The paint jobs are great but I especially like
that Jimmy Vasser is sitting in one of the seats. :thumbup:

RIGHT ON! It could be mud and puce as long as JEEMY was driving. :D

theunions
03-09-04, 06:58 PM
BTW, last time I e-mailed ya, you were still in Cali? Howzit? :cool: We're still keeping ICR2 alive (that's kinda downplaying it), check it out sometime.

http://forum.m4driving.sm/index.php?act=SF&f=135

OT, but...

I've never lived in Cali.

And I haven't been able to run ICR2 (either DOS or Win version) since I upgraded to a Win2000 machine 4 years ago. Suggestions???

Insomniac
03-09-04, 08:35 PM
I think just Conquest at this point although they aren't confirmed yet.

Ohhh man, and PC might be heading there. Back to the Reynard... Poor guy.

Bob_S.
03-09-04, 11:19 PM
OT, but...

I've never lived in Cali.

And I haven't been able to run ICR2 (either DOS or Win version) since I upgraded to a Win2000 machine 4 years ago. Suggestions???

You were going to Cali to take pics. Long Beach, I think? Anyway, it was a while ago (2000?).
ICR2? Yeah, check the link I posted. Someone should be able to get you loaded up. :) Things have changed a bit. You'll see..... ;)

theunions
03-09-04, 11:28 PM
You were going to Cali to take pics. Long Beach, I think? Anyway, it was a while ago (2000?).

Long Beach would've been 2001. I could not get space in the media center. And I couldn't get either hot or cold pit credentials for during the race. Ugh.

I'll be back next month for the first time since then. Credentials-wise, I've supposedly moved up the food chain a little. ;)

Winston Wolfe
03-10-04, 01:46 AM
The car looks great in person, and Jeemy was pretty much the star of tonights Fan festivities at LB... I saw him the minute I walked in the door, and he had just finished the "hot pit" demonstration with his new team.
When he spoke at the session, he was somewhat humble in his announcement that the V stood for Vasser in the team name, but he was proud to be a partial owner.
Jeemy is clearly one of the LBGP \ Cali \ Champ Car fan favorites, and he mentioned several times that he did not want to race anywhere else, and was glad the sponsor \ driver \ ownership opportunity came along.
Just another reason to root for the guy again this year!
GO JEEMY !!!!!!
(CARTNUT is Jeemy's #1 Fan.... just ask him !!!! ) :rofl:

CARTNUT
03-10-04, 02:48 AM
The car looks great in person, and Jeemy was pretty much the star of tonights Fan festivities at LB... I saw him the minute I walked in the door, and he had just finished the "hot pit" demonstration with his new team.
When he spoke at the session, he was somewhat humble in his announcement that the V stood for Vasser in the team name, but he was proud to be a partial owner.
Jeemy is clearly one of the LBGP \ Cali \ Champ Car fan favorites, and he mentioned several times that he did not want to race anywhere else, and was glad the sponsor \ driver \ ownership opportunity came along.
Just another reason to root for the guy again this year!
GO JEEMY !!!!!!
(CARTNUT is Jeemy's #1 Fan.... just ask him !!!! ) :rofl:

When you LOVE someone as much as I LOVE JEEMY, good things are bound to happen! ;) (Love was in the air tonight in Long Beach, and what was in that girl's shorts :saywhat: )

GO JEEMY!!! :cool:

'NUT

ANAYA YATES
03-10-04, 02:59 AM
Don't forget Roberto Gonzales....who I mistook for Lavin :gomer: I cleared that up.

RG will be a great team mate for Jeemy.

Maybe I'll get to teach him a private ski lesson yet this season :D

The cars look awesome. They even let "REAL" people sit in them tonight. A 3-year old child bumping into a car is better then the wall right? :confused:

ANAYA YATES

Anteater
03-10-04, 03:00 AM
Those PKVR cars are beautiful! And Jimmy looked so happy at the Fan Fest, and was friendly and gracious to fans (as usual). :cool:

Great to see friends, cars, and drivers tonight! :)

JohnHKart
03-10-04, 08:35 AM
Man it looked great. What was cool was getting to the venue about 630pm...walking in and seeing the car for the first time. A couple of minutes after I got there, JV walks right by me signing some autographs near the car and I told him how cool his new car looked and great to see him with his old number back.

John

4wheeldrifter
03-10-04, 02:25 PM
Flashy. I like it. Need more red cars. :thumbup:

CART License
03-10-04, 02:54 PM
http://marshallcanyon.com/images/jim12.jpg

RacinM3
03-10-04, 02:59 PM
I hope to never see the NII car off in the shrubbery. If so, they'll have to go and get a new shrubbery. Preferably, one with a path. Yes, a path, a path!

Steve99
03-11-04, 04:27 PM
Does PKVR have a website? pkracing.com is about racing bicycles.