PDA

View Full Version : F1 Decade 1994

RichK
03-08-04, 03:48 PM
So I've been thinking: 1994 was not the best year for F1, what do you think they will show of Imola this year? Will they skip it, cut out parts, or what?

racer2c
03-08-04, 04:09 PM
I was thinking the same thing while watching Brazil the other night.

There was a very long delay. They will probably edit it, but keep most of what happened in. Varsha was calling that race and will call this replay. I'm very interested to hear his commentary.

I've never really talked about this in my years on Champ Car forums, but I was the biggest Senna fan there was. To this day I still have Senna collectibles adorning multiple rooms in my house from artwork to model cars etc. I 'found' Senna in '90 watching ESPN at 3am and instantly became a fan. I never missed a race. I was watching Imola in '94 by myself (I usually watched it with my girlfriend and sister) and I know this will sound strange, but I knew something about that race didn't feel right even before the green light. It was probably Rolands death that had the black cloud over Imola. After the pitlane incident it I just didn't want the race to continue. Senna went off at Tamberello in the blink of an eye. You expected to see him get out of the car. You knew he was going to hop out at any second. He didn't. The medical team arrived after what seemed like eternity and the camera's stopped shooting. A long, long shot of the helicopter on the race course and the ominous, almost poetic shot of the copter taking off and flying away. I knew in my gut that my hero had died. I'll never forget 5-1-94 and I've been somewhat dreading the ten year anniversary this year. To this day I miss watching Magic.

03-08-04, 05:26 PM
What was sad about watching that program was that really was Ayrton's last "real" race. In Aida he was pushed out on lap 1, then we all know what happened at Imola during the opening laps.

ilferrari
03-09-04, 09:48 AM
Brazil 1994... Senna and Schumacher lapping everyone but themselves. :cool: :(