PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Head, Montoya and Dixon.

Kiwifan
03-08-04, 03:27 AM
TV1 here in NZ got to talk to Patrick Head and Montoya in Melbourne. In summary Patrick said that they were "aware" of Dixon and he had great talent but not everyone with a talent made it into F1. When pressed he said he may have a test for Scott later in the year but nothing was confirmed. He sounded cagey, as he should. ;)

Montoya was very talkative. He spoke well of Scott and said he was a great driver but had made it hard for himself by racing in the IRL as they were "just ovals" and it "wasn't that hard." He thought Scott would be able to handle himself quite well in a F1 test and his only advice was "to let it all hang out and give it everything. That's what I did and it worked for me."

I apologize if I have misquoted as I only saw the clip once but that is pretty close, well as close as I can get. :)

Rusty.

PS, Juan was talkative as I said, smiled the whole time and didn't walk out. Maybe it was because the questions were valid? Aussies, I don't know. :gomer:

Insomniac
03-08-04, 11:34 AM
TV1 here in NZ got to talk to Patrick Head and Montoya in Melbourne. In summary Patrick said that they were "aware" of Dixon and he had great talent but not everyone with a talent made it into F1. When pressed he said he may have a test for Scott later in the year but nothing was confirmed. He sounded cagey, as he should. ;)

Montoya was very talkative. He spoke well of Scott and said he was a great driver but had made it hard for himself by racing in the IRL as they were "just ovals" and it "wasn't that hard." He thought Scott would be able to handle himself quite well in a F1 test and his only advice was "to let it all hang out and give it everything. That's what I did and it worked for me."

I apologize if I have misquoted as I only saw the clip once but that is pretty close, well as close as I can get. :)

Rusty.

PS, Juan was talkative as I said, smiled the whole time and didn't walk out. Maybe it was because the questions were valid? Aussies, I don't know. :gomer:

I'd think Bourdais would have a better chance at this point. I think he's the better driver personally.

Accipiter
03-08-04, 11:42 AM

You would think that if anyone were going to give him a test, it would be Toyota. They should have asked Gascoyne about him.

krunch
03-08-04, 08:01 PM
I saw it too Rusty and thought that Mr Head was being very polite.
Montoya was great to listen to as well.

Is it just me or are the drivers a lot more approachable this year?
Even Schumacher seems more down to earth with the press these days.

Kiwifan
03-09-04, 04:01 AM
You're right krunch, I'm almost warming to Shuey. :eek:

Rusty.

Steve99
03-09-04, 12:31 PM
You would think that if anyone were going to give him a test, it would be Toyota. They should have asked Gascoyne about him.

It does sound like Williams will need two new drivers next year.