PDA

View Full Version : Papis-Magnussen, who's at fault?

Fio1
03-08-04, 12:20 AM
OK, now we saw the race, who do you think was more at fault in the Papis-Magnussen fiasco at Homestead last weekend?

I blame Papis a heck of a lot more then Magnussen. First, Papis was blocking like crazy; sometimes doing more then the customary one move. Secondly, when Magnussen got a run on Papis coming to the front straight, Papis didn't give Magnussen an inch of racing room. It's cool to make it difficult, but uncool to push a guy in the grass, you have to give him some room, not drive him off the track by adjusting your line accordingly. Thirdly, I think Papis made the first contact on the front straight. This one wasn't as evident as my first two points, but at one angle it sure looked like Papis turned down on Magnussen. What do you guys think?

Sean O'Gorman
03-08-04, 12:25 AM
It was like there was a magetic force pulling the metal plates in their heads together or something...

I feel bad for those poor children, not only do they have serious illnesses but instead of getting to see the NASCAR driver they were waiting for they end up with Max Papis!

Ankf00
03-08-04, 12:29 AM
It was like there was a magetic force pulling the metal plates in their heads together or something...

I feel bad for those poor children, not only do they have serious illnesses but instead of getting to see the NASCAR driver they were waiting for they end up with Max Papis!

hey watch it, papis is the definition of all that is greatness and kindness and class and justice in this world to some folk, don't want to incur their wrath :p

nrc
03-08-04, 12:58 AM
My theory is that they were hoping that if they bashed them together enough times their cars would somehow become less butt-ugly.

Lizzerd
03-08-04, 01:08 AM
Max pushed Jan in the grass, but Jan slammed Max on the front straight before the brake zone to the infield section. Max didn't back off, and had a bad line to the corner, turning in to Jan. That's the way I saw it, anyway. Max should have ceded the pass right there, IMHO. Max, I love ya, but you screwed up.

Ziggy
03-08-04, 01:24 AM
nrc, that was funny!

manic mechanic
03-08-04, 01:50 AM
nrc, that was funny!

I wholeheartedly concur, gents! :thumbup:

manic

Accipiter
03-08-04, 11:39 AM
Max pushed Jan in the grass, but Jan slammed Max on the front straight before the brake zone to the infield section.

That's the odd one. From the in-car, you can see no steering input from Max, but from the outside, it looked like Jan held his line and Max came down abruptly.

BTW, did you all notice the hole Jan's wheel nut drilled into the side of Max's car?

TheDJ
03-08-04, 02:48 PM
Definitely some aggressive driving by Papis, but come on, the intended shove back into Max by Jan was unnecessary...

Heck, it made for good fodder!

Steve99
03-08-04, 03:29 PM
My theory is that they were hoping that if they bashed them together enough times their cars would somehow become less butt-ugly.

Good point. These cars deserve to be bashed in. $5100 fine to the rest of the DP drivers for not doing their part.

fourrunner
03-08-04, 08:48 PM

Watch it SeanO... I met Max Papis 4 years ago at Nazareth... He said "Hi, glad to meet you", so I consider him a close personal friend, so watch what you say about him! ;)