PDA

View Full Version : A 7G Thread

L1P1
01-29-03, 10:30 PM
I was referred to this site and have lurked a bit. Many fondly familiar names...but I've not been sure as to where this thing is going.

A thread started on 7G tonight prompts me to post. As usual, it's part unquestionably supportive and part not.

So I ask: Is this a site for off-put 7G refugees? Or is it a site with bigger plans?

Kiwifan
01-29-03, 10:45 PM
For CART fans? ;) 'tis for me anyway. :) CART, C^RT, CART, can't get enough.....................being here helps. :thumbup:

Rusty.

Railbird
01-29-03, 10:56 PM
Just a nice place to talk about CCWS that has so far been pretty noise free.

And believe me, I know all about noise..;)

JoeBob
01-29-03, 10:59 PM
I think WB answered the question pretty well in this thread: http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160

WB can probably answer better, but the top of every page says, "forums for the champcar enthusiast." I'd guess that is the goal of this site, nothing more, nothing less.

L1P1
01-29-03, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Railbird

Well, that kind of gets to my point and from one who knows....

I remember when TF was launched. I predicted it's quick death. But they did a rather clever thing: They convinced more than one fledgling IRL site not to run their own forums and instead, feed into TF.

So is this a quiet backwater eddy, or something with the eventual goal of raising the noise to signal ratio?

L1P1
01-29-03, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by JoeBob
I think WB answered the question pretty well in this thread: http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160

WB can probably answer better, but the top of every page says, "forums for the champcar enthusiast." I'd guess that is the goal of this site, nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks JoeBob, I think that gets to my point: Why here and not 7G (or motorsportsforum or usenet)? "Forums for the Champcar Enthusiast"? Could describe either.

There's something more here, I sense.

Cam
01-29-03, 11:19 PM
Grab a beer. Sit back and relax.:)

WickerBill
01-29-03, 11:33 PM
L1P1, I think you're sensing something that doesn't really exist.

"forums for the champcar enthusiast"

"intelligent champcar discussion"

Not a rumors site, not a news site, not an all-things-to-all-people site. Just talk amongst fans. There are absolutely NO plans whatsoever to compete with Seventhgear. No way. I do not have the resources, the patience, or the desire to do anything like that.

I don't know how much that answers your question, because it's basically what I said in the other thread.

If you want to ask me more specific or pointed questions, I'd be happy to field them in email:

wickerbill@offcamber.net

WickerBill
01-29-03, 11:34 PM
BTW... quiet backwater eddy.

SteveH
01-29-03, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Railbird

Just a thought, we all ought to drop in at the CART forum at TF and give 'bird a helping hand every so often. Some proCART threads on that board would certainly be unique and I'm sure welcome by Mr. Bird. Not that there's anything wrong with this place. JUst to show we care.;)

Warlock!
01-29-03, 11:41 PM
Truthfully, I just tired of the recent moderation at 7G... nuthin to do with the place being "full of trolls". Trolls have a place, keep you on your toes. When I found there was an alternate place to post, I did. First at Crapwagon.com, and now I've added this place to my list.

I made a lot of friends at 7G, and I'm glad some are also posting here. This ain't a "revolution" as some have tried to put it. Kinda just like a smoking lounge or sumthin. I don't think anyone here had plans on making this place the CART forum... just another CART forum. you can choose one or the other, or you can choose both. Pretty cool, huh? :cool:

Great! All that typin' made my beer start to get warm! I hope you're happy...:mad:

Winter Warlock!

Turn7
01-30-03, 12:57 AM
L1P1,

The begining of this thread is a big part of why people participate here and not elsewhere, http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105

No silly games, or power trips. Just good honest communication between people that understand that the world of Champ Car internet forums doesn't revolve around one site and that it is ok to enjoy more than one forum.

Unfortunetly, other sites feel that they need to act as if they are the only site that exists and feel that you shouldn't be there if you post at other champcar sites.

Here you can say www.crapwagon.com; www.trackforum.com; www.autoracing1.com ect. without having to worry about being edited and warned that you are treading on thin ice.

Plain and simple, the owner/moderator of offcamber.net seems to understand the audience that this site was intended for and has people skills that allow for things to be said without getting all wadded up and in a tissy. He can take suggestions with an open mind and not feel threatened or hurt.

When you boil it all down, it just is a better place to be. Nothing against any other site. Some people drive a chevy and others drive Fords...people have different tastes thats all.

SteveH
01-30-03, 02:21 AM
T7, you were doing fine until "Some people drive a chevy and others drive Fords"

Just had to turn it into a CART vs IRL thing didn't you? :gomer:

cart7
01-30-03, 06:57 AM
originally posted by Railbird
And believe me, I know all about noise..

:rofl:

nissan gtp
01-30-03, 06:00 PM
i expect to visit both 7G and OC... i enjoy both ... even drop into TF on occasion, but they don't match my main interests, such as turning both left and right .....

looking forward to some real action as the racin' seasons start up. the 'tora for irl champ' thread made my day :D ... actually, that would be way cool :cool:

Turn7
01-30-03, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by SteveH
T7, you were doing fine until "Some people drive a chevy and others drive Fords"

Just had to turn it into a CART vs IRL thing didn't you? :gomer:

Now if I wanted to do that I would have said, "Some people like Chardonay and some people like Keystone."

mapguy
01-30-03, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
Now if I wanted to do that I would have said, "Some people like Chardonay and some people like Keystone."

Depends, was it a Cailfornian, Chilean or Australian Chardonay?

Wheel-Nut
01-31-03, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
Depends, was it a Cailfornian, Chilean or Australian Chardonay?

I think it was more of a Texas Chardonay!!

Fall Creek Vineyard (http://www.fcv.com/wines.html)

mapguy
01-31-03, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Wheel-Nut
I think it was more of a Texas Chardonay!!

Fall Creek Vineyard (http://www.fcv.com/wines.html)

A Texan chardonay? :saywhat: That's an oxymoron if I have ever seen one. Kind of like fine English cuisine. :D

Railbird
01-31-03, 03:38 PM
Just a thought, we all ought to drop in at the CART forum at TF and give 'bird a helping hand every so often. Some proCART threads on that board would certainly be unique and I'm sure welcome by Mr. Bird.

That would be more than welcome.

I can control the bashers with the delete button, but some good positive ChampCar stuff would sure be enjoyable.

Thanks WB for a nice site.

I try not to talk about my "job" but I thought this was a good opportunity.

Napoleon
01-31-03, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by SteveH
Just a thought, we all ought to drop in at the CART forum at TF and give 'bird a helping hand every so often.

Will do, as soon as I am unbanned. :)

mnkywrch
01-31-03, 03:59 PM
Don't forget to visit the F1 forum while you're over at TF.

I hear the moderator's a real jerk, though...

;)

Turn7
01-31-03, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
A Texan chardonay? :saywhat: That's an oxymoron if I have ever seen one. Kind of like fine English cuisine. :D

Don't make me send AJ up there to slap you. He already don't like you nancy boys, let alone one from New York.

TrueBrit
01-31-03, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
Don't make me send AJ up there to slap you. He already don't like you nancy boys, let alone one from New York.

And exactly WHAT is wrong with Steak and Kidney pie and chips, or fish and chips, or sausage roll and chips, or bangers and chips, or bacon and eggs and chips, or spam and chips, or spam, spam, eggs, sausages, spam and chips, or curry and chips, or pizza and chips, or spam spam spam spam spam spam eggs bacon spam sausges spam and chips??

TB

mapguy
01-31-03, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by TrueBrit
And exactly WHAT is wrong with Steak and Kidney pie and chips, or fish and chips, or sausage roll and chips, or bangers and chips, or bacon and eggs and chips, or spam and chips, or spam, spam, eggs, sausages, spam and chips, or curry and chips, or pizza and chips, or spam spam spam spam spam spam eggs bacon spam sausges spam and chips??

TB

Well, looks like TB has got me here. Fish and chips, god I miss that. The real stuff. Caught fresh from the North Sea, bought on your way home from the pub with 'chip sauce' which, correct me if I am wrong here TB, is about half malt vinegar and half HP sauce. God's own sauce. Sausage rolls.... Dammit TB, don't do this to me.

How about this, fried spam, on an engish muffin with bacon, chips AND beans.... Gawd I can hear my aerteries hardening right now... But dammit that sounds good right now.