PDA

View Full Version : Latest PT Column

TedN
03-06-04, 12:10 PM
Good Read (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1078441809932&call_pageid=970599109774&col=Columnist1076670207519)

Ted

baffle
03-06-04, 02:22 PM
interesting piece, thanks for the link. amazing how paul attributes his improved qualifying results entirely to losing weight. I would think there were some other factors involved as well.

JohnHKart
03-07-04, 07:47 AM
interesting piece, thanks for the link. amazing how paul attributes his improved qualifying results entirely to losing weight. I would think there were some other factors involved as well.

Hmm.....yeah I wonder what they would be? Oh yeah, ok like alot of the competition that used to wax PT on a regular basis moving on to other pastures, like the IRL and F1.

JH

Insomniac
03-07-04, 09:37 AM
Hmm.....yeah I wonder what they would be? Oh yeah, ok like alot of the competition that used to wax PT on a regular basis moving on to other pastures, like the IRL and F1.

JH

Please. In the 2 years since Penske left (and they were winning because of their chassis) one person went to F1. Da Matta was the champ. Let's see, IRL defectors he didn't have to compete against: Kannan, Franchitti, Andretti, Dixon, Brack and Takagi. I can't remember others, but I don't recall any of them continuously "waxing" PT. Da Matta was the best in the field in 2002, no question. And he's in F1 where the best go. Any driver in the IRL wasn't "waxing" PT.

Fitti Fan
03-07-04, 01:13 PM
Hadn't he actually lost all that weight the season before last?

Insomniac
03-07-04, 06:07 PM
Hadn't he actually lost all that weight the season before last?

He started to lose it then and continued to lose it last season.

Spicoli
03-07-04, 08:02 PM

JH

Dick. Lets see you say that to him. :shakehead

rosawendel
03-08-04, 09:32 AM
Strangely, though I live only minutes away from CĂ©line Dion's nightly show, I haven't yet found the time to see her ...
:laugh:

JohnHKart
03-10-04, 08:33 AM
Dick. Lets see you say that to him. :shakehead

I nearly did...last night but decided not to... Maybe really I'm thinking more about his championship anyway when I said that. Anyway decided to ask him about the Benetton test instead.

John

Insomniac
03-10-04, 10:33 AM
I nearly did...last night but decided not to... Maybe really I'm thinking more about his championship anyway when I said that. Anyway decided to ask him about the Benetton test instead.

John

Nearly and actually saying it are very different things. It's not as close as you'd like to think. Clearly didn't have the guts to say it.

CART License
03-10-04, 12:01 PM

JH

Who waxed who when PT ran the 500 ?