PDA

View Full Version : Foyt Futility Watch 3/5 -- 3/8

pchall
03-06-04, 10:23 AM
Where's Larry?

Did he have to drive the semi up to Vegas and went so slow that he missed qualifying?

DaveL
03-06-04, 11:30 AM
Looks like AJ wants his racing team to be totally incompetent at a race closer to home.

pchall
03-06-04, 03:00 PM
But look at the fine company he would have been in:

39. Scott Wimmer * #22 Caterpillar Dodge Bill Davis Racing 169.673mph (provisional)
40. Carl Long #02 RacingJUNK.com PontiacSCORE Motorsports 163.701mph (provisional)
41. Derrike Cope #50 redneckjunk.com Dodge Derrike Cope 169.311mph (provisional)
42. Morgan Shephard #89 Voyles/Carter's Royal Disposall Ford Cindy Shephard 164.986mph (provisional)
43. Kirk Shelmerdine #172 Freddie B's/Tucson Ford Kirk Shelmerdine 163.320mph (provisional)
Did not qualify
44. Larry Gunselman #198 Lucas Oil Products FordWilliam Chris Edwards 161.103mph

Certainly he could have been faster than the guy who still drives in brown wing tips?
:rolleyes:
Or has he advanced to track shoes w/o spikes soaked in sodium silicate solution these days and gotten faster than Foyt Racing by losing about six pounds of footwear?

Sean O'Gorman
03-06-04, 05:03 PM
Please don't tell me those are real sponsors on Carl Long and Derrike Cope's cars.

Lizzerd
03-06-04, 06:23 PM
Well shucks... this has got to be the most uneventful FFW thread ever, unless you consider not turning a lap an event. It's more fun when we have two of them to ridicule.

And... isn't #50 a Foyt-owned number (Cope)? Maybe we can keep an eye on him tomorrow and have some more fun.

Rob
03-06-04, 07:19 PM
Certainly he could have been faster than the guy who still drives in brown wing tips?
:rolleyes:
Or has he advanced to track shoes w/o spikes soaked in sodium silicate solution these days and gotten faster than Foyt Racing by losing about six pounds of footwear?
I think you're thinking of the wrong guy. Dave Marcis was the driver known for racing in wingtips.

theunions
03-06-04, 08:09 PM
Larry & co. withdrew earlier in the week.

The Cope #50 is an Arnold Motorsports entry, and they've used that number all season to date.

Lizzerd
03-06-04, 08:20 PM
Shows you how much I know... oh well... FFW down in flames for this weekend.

eiregosod
03-06-04, 08:44 PM
I bet after the Harrahs fiasco, that AJ isn't welcome in SIn City again!

IlliniRacer
03-06-04, 09:11 PM
AJ probably figures that with the new points system, it will be OK to miss a race here or there. Just lay low and try and be in the top 10 come Labor Day. ;)

pchall
03-06-04, 11:09 PM
I think you're thinking of the wrong guy. Dave Marcis was the driver known for racing in wingtips.

Yup. You're right. Shows that my memory of NASCRAP fails every now and then. Gotta use the synaptic firings for better purposes. ;)

Racewriter
03-07-04, 01:23 PM
Please don't tell me those are real sponsors on Carl Long and Derrike Cope's cars.

www.racingjunk.com is a real site. It's a motorsports equipment classified advertising site, which is an outgrowth of a Charlotte used parts business. They sell a TON of stuff.

Don't know about redneckjunk.com.

Sean O'Gorman
03-07-04, 05:03 PM
www.racingjunk.com is a real site. It's a motorsports equipment classified advertising site, which is an outgrowth of a Charlotte used parts business. They sell a TON of stuff.

Don't know about redneckjunk.com.

It looks like a ripoff of racingjunk.com. I'm sure my dad will be just thrilled to know that the car his company was sponsoring just 3 weeks ago was replaced by redneckjunk.com. :laugh: