PDA

View Full Version : Mazzacane set for Fittipaldi

Railbird
03-06-04, 06:32 AM
Autosport (http://www.autosport.com/newsitem.asp?id=26204&s=7)

chop456
03-06-04, 07:19 AM
I'll buy that for a dollar. Hard to tell what he had in a Prost. Or a Minardi for that matter. Don't know much about him before that.

jonovision_man
03-06-04, 08:23 AM
I'll buy that for a dollar. Hard to tell what he had in a Prost. Or a Minardi for that matter. Don't know much about him before that.

He's awful, the worst example of rent-a-ride ever. :thumdown:

jono

Cam
03-06-04, 09:40 AM
Break out your full beer cans! :gomer:

Jag_Warrior
03-06-04, 10:40 AM
He's awful, the worst example of rent-a-ride ever. :thumdown:

jono

Alex Yoong and Gianni Lavaggi say "thanks!" :D

Believe me, I'm not taking up for him. I just don't remember him being any more pitiful than those two (or a good many others). Until they get the value of the series back up, I don't expect that many A and B list drivers are going to kill themselves to get here.

nrc
03-06-04, 12:22 PM
I've heard that Mazzacane is great for poison ivy.

lone_groover
03-06-04, 12:26 PM
Yuk Yuk

:D

Ankf00
03-06-04, 12:50 PM
don't insult the latest of the great line of backmarker ride-buyers from overseas! just wait till he's gifted a win or a top 5 in a crashfest, then you'll all be eating crow! :rofl:

Fio1
03-06-04, 01:28 PM
How sad is this, "Mazzacane is the biggest racing hope for Argentina since Fangio and Reutemann." :shakehead

I'd put that Argentinian kid who kicked a$$ in F.Renault in Europe (Ponte or something like that) way before mezzacane....

Whatever, the Fittipaldi deal is a rentalride like your typical GT3 Porsche at Le Mans, I bet we might see Milka Dunno in that car next year. :rofl:

pinniped
03-06-04, 03:09 PM
Does he still have that semi-mullet? :gomer:

Railbird
03-06-04, 04:54 PM
might as well get used to ride buyers kids, that's what it's going to take for a while.

Hey, maybe ol' Gaston plays the violin, or is a gourmet chef, or rescues orphan cats in his home town, or some other such nonsense for the "human interest" bits the broadcasters seem to love.

Sean O'Gorman
03-06-04, 05:14 PM
I was expecting something from Dr. Corkski by now, but I guess hes too busy writing new material for this season. ;)

Dr. Corkski
03-06-04, 10:24 PM
How sad is this, "Mazzacane is the biggest racing hope for Argentina since Fangio and Reutemann." :shakeheadI think he meant Juan Fangio II. :D

jonovision_man
03-07-04, 12:40 AM
might as well get used to ride buyers kids, that's what it's going to take for a while.

Yup, a car on the grid's a car on the grid at this point. It's just sad that there are quite a few competent drivers who won't be in F1 or CART this year, while Mazzacane is. That's motorsports.

jono

Wolverine
03-08-04, 12:45 PM
Whatever, the Fittipaldi deal is a rentalride like your typical GT3 Porsche at Le Mans, I bet we might see Milka Dunno in that car next year. :rofl:

Yeah - kinda sad that a great like Fittipaldi is only associated with wanky rent-a-ride deals. Since Emmo apparently only lends his name to ride buyer setups funded by other people's money, I suspect we will continue to see a Coyne-like procession of unqualifed drivers in this seat. I think we are going to have to put up with such arrangements for a year or so until OWRS can start getting Champ Car back on its feet.