PDA

View Full Version : Telemetry!

racer2c
03-06-04, 01:12 AM
It seems like it's been awhile since I've seen real-time telemetry in F1 or Champ Cars. I do enjoy it so.

Remember when they had a heart rate counter on Senna in the first few races of '94? You could watch the engine revs and the heart revs. Seems like yesterday. :(

ilferrari
03-06-04, 11:57 AM
Yes, you are thinking about the Brazil 1994 race where he spun out and the graphic showed his heart rate still going at 164 beats per minute. I haven't seen the realtime telemetry for years. Does anyone remember Spain 1994 where they were onboard with Schumacher in the lead, showing realtime rpm and throttle and gear, when his car stuck in fifth gear as he went through the tyre chicane? They returned later in the race and showed how he drove with one gear. Pretty cool stuff.

nz_climber
03-07-04, 03:18 PM
They did have a few rev counters on the cars through out the race yesterday, Saw JPM pushing 19,000rpm! (not sure if you guys get it on your broadcast thou)

Ankf00
03-07-04, 03:23 PM
They did have a few rev counters on the cars through out the race yesterday, Saw JPM pushing 19,000rpm! (not sure if you guys get it on your broadcast thou)

saw that too, my neighbors were gasping at the fact that the minimum display being at 6K rpm.

Chaos
03-07-04, 04:20 PM
saw that too, my neighbors were gasping at the fact that the minimum display being at 6K rpm.

were they NASCAR fans? honest question.