PDA

View Full Version : Ya know, someone should tell the NHL teams....

devilmaster
03-04-04, 01:41 AM
.... that it isn't the trading deadline just yet. :eek:

Its fire sale time in Washington and New York. 'Cmon down to the Caps and Rangers! We're going crazy!'

I always sit in front of my computer on trade deadline day, with a TV window open to TSN, Sportsnet and The Score... scanning other websites at the same time to see all the deals....

I'm starting to think the 9th is going to be a slow day.... everyone is trading now... sheesh!

TOR - BRIAN LEETCH, Conditional Pick
NYR - MAXIM KONDRATIEV, JARKKO IMMONEN, 1st Round Pick (2004), 2nd Round Pick (2005)

EDM - PETR NEDVED, JUSSI MARKKANEN,
NYR - DWIGHT HELMINEN, STEPHEN VALIQUETTE, 2nd Round Pick (2004)

BOS - SERGEI GONCHAR
WAS - SHAONE MORRISONN, 1st Round Pick (2004), 2nd Round Pick (2004)

MON - ALEXEI KOVALEV
NYR - JOZEF BALEJ, 2nd Round Pick (2004)

DET - ROBERT LANG
WAS - TOMAS FLEISHMANN, 1st Round Pick (2004), 4th Round Pick (2006)

NJD - VIKTOR KOSLOV
FLA - CHRISTIAN BERGLUND, VICTOR UCHEVATOV

CGY - VILLE NIEMINEN
CHI - JASON MORGAN, Conditional Draft Pick

LOS - NATHAN DEMPSEY
CHI - 4th Round Pick (2005), Future Considerations

Steve

devilmaster
03-04-04, 01:58 AM
Other notes:

The St. Louis Blues say Pronger is not on the trading block. But if the right deal comes as a team is desperate to keep up with the trades, I think Pronger will move.
Expect the Rangers to keep selling. Lindros is available if he comes back from concussion number 8. Jagr might move too, no need to keep him now.
Expect Toronto to deal for a backup goalie to Balfour. When he went down with a groin pull, neither Kidd or Tellquist could handle it. If Eddie the Eagle goes down in the playoffs, so do the Leafs.
Bryan Berard from Chicago should be moved. He can't help Chicago at all, yet puts up decent numbers. Now that the heavy hitters on the blueline are mostly gone, Berard becomes a good trade.
The only playoff bound team that might not pull a trade is the Tampa Bay Lightning. They have a good strong core of young fast players.
Possibility that recently fired Joel Quinnville will be hired as the new head coach of the Avalanche. That of course means their current coach, Tony Granato, is slated to be fired.

Expect a fun week as we countdown to trade deadline!
Steve

CART T. Katz
03-04-04, 02:10 AM
all those trades and pierre lacroix wasn't involved. that worries me.

Chaos
03-04-04, 09:39 AM
all those trades and pierre lacroix wasn't involved.

....yet.

You gotta think he's got an itch he wants to scratch.

devilmaster
03-09-04, 03:37 PM
I'm starting to think the 9th is going to be a slow day.... everyone is trading now... sheesh!
Steve

Boy was I wrong......
:eek:

Steve

devilmaster
03-09-04, 09:16 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot....

http://www.mapleleafs.com/images/wallpaper/GoLeafsGo_640x480.jpg

:thumbup:
Steve

dando
03-09-04, 10:39 PM
IMHO, NYR (Sather) hit the panic button too soon, or was forced to do so to save his job. They flooded the market, and forced a few hands in the process. Consensus was that the Rangers and Caps were big losers through their dumps. Not sure what to make of the Leafs late grab for veteran talent...last year it surely backfired on them due to injuries. Fat Quinn has a penchant for vets well past their prime.

In the meantime, what a piece of cr@p Bert is for his assault on Moore last night. This and the McSorley/Brashear incident are not what hockey is aboot.

Oh, and GO FLYERS!!!!

-Kevin

CART T. Katz
03-09-04, 11:24 PM
berpu**y should thank the hockey gods that the avs don't play the nux again this season. only thing i will say that if todd comes back, every team in the leauge will be going after him.

and to do it when he was down 8 TO FREAKING 2 is beyond deplorable.

karma is a bitch. see you in hell bertuzzi. :flame:

Tifosi24
03-09-04, 11:53 PM
The words that describe Bertuzzi can't be posted in this forum. He is a dirty player, and there is nothinig worse than dirty hockey. Moore fought earlier in the game and Bertuzzi has played long enough that he should already know the unwritten rules of hockey. Cheap, dirty Bertuzzi you deserve a life time ban.

dando
03-10-04, 12:20 AM
Terry Frei's take (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=frei_terry&id=1754978)

@ first I was among those that thought Bert's penalty shouldn't be greater than McSorley's 23 games, but after seeing the replay a few times, he should be gone until next season (as if next season matters).

And I thought the Rutuu's were wussies....

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
03-10-04, 12:26 AM
Frei's a major Colorado homer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1754963 - read Clement's section, it's far more unbiased