PDA

View Full Version : NFL-Eagles sign Jevon Kearse

Hard Driver
03-03-04, 10:27 PM
That's right. The Eagles D' will be back freakier than ever. And there is rumor they are going after Terrell Owens. Add those two and the Fourth time in a row to the NFC title game may be the charm.

Chaos
03-03-04, 10:48 PM
I'm curious to see where Garcia ends up. SF is going to be !@#$ next season.

Railbird
03-03-04, 10:52 PM
the freak is a bad ass, no two ways about that, but he has spent a lot of time dinged up in the last few years.

fourrunner
03-03-04, 11:39 PM
He is getting a THOROUGH physical tommorow.... His signing is conditional on his passing it..... The Eagles are "frugal" so I'm sure they will expect near perfect if they are paying the reported figures and signing bonus.

Terrell Owens will be going against Andy Reids philosophy of having "Team Players" on his roster..... Having said that, Andy is nearing the end of his "5 year plan" for reaching the Super Bowl, and may decide to take the chance with Owens.

God, I wish they'd keep Duce Staley :) :cool:

dando
03-04-04, 01:20 AM
Time will tell if Kearse is worth all the fuss...he was hampered by injuries the past two seasons, and his stats show the drop off. If not, it's a good thing the $$$ ain't guaranteed in the NFL. The Eagles will need to add more than one quality receiver. Deuce is rumored to be headed to the 'boyz unless my Bungles manage to send Dillion there first.

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
03-04-04, 10:29 AM
the freak is a bad ass, no two ways about that, but he has spent a lot of time dinged up in the last few years.

I agree, damaged goods. The Eagles should have spent the money in the upcoming draft.

dando
03-04-04, 05:32 PM
BTW, ESPN.com reports that TO is now a Raven (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1750991).

-Kevin

dando
03-04-04, 05:35 PM
I agree, damaged goods. The Eagles should have spent the money in the upcoming draft.
Problem is that they are limited by how much they can spend in the draft (rookie pool)...and even more so by their draft position. It's a roll of the dice. There just aren't that many pass rushers available. If I'd had my druthers, I'd have gone after receivers and maybe Sapp or Wistrom if I were them.

-Kevin

Insomniac
03-04-04, 07:56 PM
Problem is that they are limited by how much they can spend in the draft (rookie pool)...and even more so by their draft position. It's a roll of the dice. There just aren't that many pass rushers available. If I'd had my druthers, I'd have gone after receivers and maybe Sapp or Winstrom if I were them.

-Kevin

I'd take Kearse over Sapp any day. I think they'll take a shot at Justin McCareins. Maybe they'll make a run at Galloway.

dando
03-05-04, 01:51 PM
I'd take Kearse over Sapp any day. I think they'll take a shot at Justin McCareins. Maybe they'll make a run at Galloway.
We'll see how it plays out. Sapp has a ring, and Kearse does not. IMHO, Sapp brings more to the locker room ala Ray Lewis than Kearse does. We'll see. Joseph James needs to be released by the 'boyz first. While I like Joey (he's a Buckeye alum), he's not an every down WR, and specializes in stretching the field. He's not a Keyshawn, TO, or David Boston type receiver.

-Kevin

Insomniac
03-06-04, 07:10 PM
We'll see how it plays out. Sapp has a ring, and Kearse does not. IMHO, Sapp brings more to the locker room ala Ray Lewis than Kearse does. We'll see. Joseph James needs to be released by the 'boyz first. While I like Joey (he's a Buckeye alum), he's not an every down WR, and specializes in stretching the field. He's not a Keyshawn, TO, or David Boston type receiver.

-Kevin

I don't think having a ring makes him better. Yeah, they beat up on the Raiders, but the Raiders made it easy. They didn't even change their signal calling. The TB D knew what they were getting. Gruden played Gannon in practice. And beating Philly? No targets for McNabb, plus he rushed back from the broken leg. I don't think Kearse needs to bring anything to the locker room. McNabb is there to lead. I think Sapp is on his way down as far as DEs go. He has a lot more bark than bite too. Big D should get released, but you'll probably have to wait for the Keyshawn thing to work out first. Looks like they almost had TO, but weren't willing to give up the draft pick.

dando
03-09-04, 10:41 PM
So much for Duce as an Eagle.

linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1755323)

-Kevin

Insomniac
03-09-04, 11:20 PM
So much for Duce as an Eagle.

linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1755323)

-Kevin

Yes! One more team has a RB. Now, Dillon to Dallas.

dando
03-10-04, 12:13 AM
Yes! One more team has a RB. Now, Dillon to Dallas.
According to Marvin Lewis, no interest has been shown in CD for trade. Unlike interest in TO, common sense is being shown? Someone take him off the Bungles' hands!

Still waiting on news of Vincent being signed by the Bungles....

-Kevin

Insomniac
03-10-04, 11:00 AM
According to Marvin Lewis, no interest has been shown in CD for trade. Unlike interest in TO, common sense is being shown? Someone take him off the Bungles' hands!

Still waiting on news of Vincent being signed by the Bungles....

-Kevin

Marvin Lewis has definitely earned the right to not call them the Bungles any more. I think someone will get him though. They don't want him and they'll end up dumping him for less than they'd like. They better start worrying about Rudi Johnson. He's a RFA and no one is going to make an offer on him for a 1st and 3rd draft pick. If they don't sign him, he will be an UFA next year.

As far as TO goes, he's a top WR. All the antics aside, you can't deny his ability. You just need him to shut up and do his job. I can also see where he is coming from on the trade, but he's in that position because he and his agent were too stupid to file some paperwork. He knew he was going to void his contract, why do you even bother waiting?

jcollins28
03-11-04, 12:15 AM
The road to the Super Bowl goes through Dallas next year! :thumbup:

dando
03-11-04, 12:13 PM
The road to the Super Bowl goes through Dallas next year! :thumbup:
Nice D, but y'all gonna need a RB, and Carter @ QB is still a big question mark. Plus, dem boyz ain't gonna have such an easy schedule next season.

Latest rumor is for CD to Oakland, so step up to the plate, Big D.

-Kevin

Insomniac
03-11-04, 10:01 PM
Nice D, but y'all gonna need a RB, and Carter @ QB is still a big question mark. Plus, dem boyz ain't gonna have such an easy schedule next season.

Latest rumor is for CD to Oakland, so step up to the plate, Big D.

-Kevin

No! No! CD to Dallas. They have a second place schedule. It will be interesting to see how Joe Gibbs and Tom Coughlin taking over will affect the NFC East.

Maybe they'll get Warner?

jcollins28
03-11-04, 10:09 PM
No! No! CD to Dallas. They have a second place schedule. It will be interesting to see how Joe Gibbs and Tom Coughlin taking over will affect the NFC East.

Maybe they'll get Warner?

Dallas's schedule will be easier this year then last. Just go look at the teams they plays next year. Not nearly as bad as what they had to face last year. I do not know if they will get CD. I think they will try to get Greg Jones in the draft.

Hard Driver
03-17-04, 01:32 AM
Eagles got Terrell Owens! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I predict the Eagles go an extra game deeper in the playoffs this year.

sadams
03-17-04, 08:23 AM
New England proved you can do it without super star players with big and expensive egos. I'll take the regular guys that work hard instead of the overpaid, under achieving, whiney crybabies.

chop456
03-17-04, 08:55 AM

It'll take more than that. Keep in mind they were one luck-a$$ play away from losing their first playoff game to a vastly inferior team this year. Losing one big ego and gaining one twice as big isn't necessarily a positive. I predict a "throw me the damn ball" tantrum by week 5.

Insomniac
03-17-04, 09:48 AM
Dallas's schedule will be easier this year then last. Just go look at the teams they plays next year. Not nearly as bad as what they had to face last year. I do not know if they will get CD. I think they will try to get Greg Jones in the draft.

You're right. NFC North and AFC North. I was primarily looking at the division. Winning it will be hard. They can have Greg Jones. As long as they don't move up in Round 1. :)

Insomniac
03-17-04, 09:50 AM

It's nice that a player and b**ch and moan and get his way. I don't think TO will be as much of an upgrade as you expect. Remember when Culpepper tried to force the ball to Moss all the time? Until TO can just go out and play and take what he gets it won't be good. I don't think they make it to the NFC championship this year.

jcollins28
03-17-04, 11:39 AM
You're right. NFC North and AFC North. I was primarily looking at the division. Winning it will be hard. They can have Greg Jones. As long as they don't move up in Round 1. :)

Uh I meant Kevin Jones! Greg Jones is a reach IMHO. I would not take him.

fourrunner
03-17-04, 06:30 PM
It's nice that a player and b**ch and moan and get his way. I don't think TO will be as much of an upgrade as you expect. Remember when Culpepper tried to force the ball to Moss all the time? Until TO can just go out and play and take what he gets it won't be good. I don't think they make it to the NFC championship this year.

Lets get Science into this ... Will the Eagles get into the Playoffs this year?

Well based on it being March... Maybe they will, Maybe they won't!

And you can take that to the bank!! :gomer: ;)

Insomniac
03-17-04, 07:56 PM
Uh I meant Kevin Jones! Greg Jones is a reach IMHO. I would not take him.

Hehe, Kevin Jones at 22? Unless no RBs go when the Pats pick, I don't see him there. I mean, that is fine with me. Pats take Stephen Jackson at 21 and you can have Kevin Jones. :) Just don't deal up and take our RB!

Insomniac
03-17-04, 07:56 PM
Lets get Science into this ... Will the Eagles get into the Playoffs this year?

Well based on it being March... Maybe they will, Maybe they won't!

And you can take that to the bank!! :gomer: ;)

Science in the NFL? :) You know the SB teams are going to be the Bengals and Cardinals!