PDA

View Full Version : Carpentier Out At Forsythe?

TedN
03-03-04, 08:16 PM
I hope THIS RUMOUR (http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=3&nid=86519) is wrong!

Ted

cart7
03-03-04, 08:27 PM
Uh oh. Mello ain't gonna be happy bout this if it's true. :shakehead

Carp traded in for Rodolfo "I can't drive worth **** but I've got a fat walleted Mexican Beer company backing me" Lavin.

Ugggg..... :saywhat:

Railbird
03-03-04, 08:43 PM
my guess would be that Carbender is being shipped off to a satellite team. The "two car only" thing sounds a little like smoke and mirrors to me when you look at the size of the field.

I'm thinking Forsythe and Kalkhoven are both going to have "associate" or "shared resources" deals going for a while.

Let's hope Patreeeek at least lands in a Lola, or better yet the rumor is false and Lavin is buying a ride in a field filler.

Lizzerd
03-03-04, 08:46 PM
Wow...

I remember reading something somewhere a couple months ago about Lavin to Forsythe as a possible third car, but this is a bit of a shocker if true.

Dr. Corkski
03-03-04, 09:00 PM
If this turns out to be true I hope PT ends up punting off his teammate every race for the sake of the other drivers.

Racing Truth
03-03-04, 09:06 PM
If this turns out to be true I hope PT ends up punting off his teammate every race for the sake of the other drivers.

Nahhh, Lavin can do that to himself. ;)

Chaos
03-03-04, 09:38 PM
i think it's time we start a petition to have Minardi hire Lavin as their test driver.

hotwiREd
03-03-04, 10:15 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster here :gomer:

What I can't understand is how a company like Corona are happy to associate themselves with a guy who has never won a race, looked like winning a race, or done anything on the track of any significance aside of crashing a lot?
What do they stand to get from sponsoring a True Backmarker?

Sure, he has the "in" at Corona, but if you were a company exec there, would you be proud of saying:
a. "We sponsor Adrian Fernandez", or
b. "We Sponsor Michelle Jourdain", or
c. "We Sponsor Radolfo Lavin"

Just imagine the crowds at the Mexican Races if _any_ driver could put a Corona car on the top step of the Podium...

pfc_m_drake
03-03-04, 10:30 PM
i think it's time we start a petition to have Minardi hire Lavin as their test driver.
As long as it's an online petition.

Those online petitions are the best. Extremely effective too.

Robstar
03-03-04, 11:19 PM
Well it worked for the OWRS court case... ;)

lone_groover
03-03-04, 11:48 PM
I'm not trying to hear that....

:thumdown:

Brickman
03-04-04, 12:08 AM
It really comes down do this.... When the sponsor was Players, they looked for "Birth Place: Ville Lasalle, Quebec, Canada"

When the sponsor is Corona, they look for "Birth Place: San Luis Potosi, Mexico"

What's good for the goose is good for the gander...

SteveH
03-04-04, 01:35 AM
Disregarding the PC portion of the article - what about this "also claims that Forsythe will not field three cars but stay with only two."

If Forsythe is only running two cars, then evidently OWRS has enough entries to field a full grid - whatever that majic number is. 18? Its been pretty much accepted as fact that GF, KK and PG were going to add cars in order to bring the grid count up to the required number. So in a round about way this is good news. :TF TV rating spin mode off:

Brickman
03-04-04, 12:00 PM
Disregarding the PC portion of the article - what about this "also claims that Forsythe will not field three cars but stay with only two."

If Forsythe is only running two cars, then evidently OWRS has enough entries to field a full grid - whatever that majic number is. 18? Its been pretty much accepted as fact that GF, KK and PG were going to add cars in order to bring the grid count up to the required number. So in a round about way this is good news. :TF TV rating spin mode off:

OR... he's paid his due$ and it's KK and PG's turn to pay. GF has been pretty low key in all of this OWRS stuff.

racer2c
03-04-04, 12:08 PM
OR... he's paid his due$ and it's KK and PG's turn to pay. GF has been pretty low key in all of this OWRS stuff.

GF has always been lowkey.

KLang
03-04-04, 12:09 PM
From the Long Beach press conference schedule:

7:30 p.m. - Patrick Carpentier and Alex Tagliani to participate in ceremonial puck drop at Monday night's NHL game at the Pond in Anaheim

It seems PC will be around one way or another. Perhaps being farmed out to Rocketsports?

jonovision_man
03-04-04, 12:46 PM
It really comes down do this.... When the sponsor was Players, they looked for "Birth Place: Ville Lasalle, Quebec, Canada"

When the sponsor is Corona, they look for "Birth Place: San Luis Potosi, Mexico"

What's good for the goose is good for the gander...

Absolutely. Canada needs some corporations to step up to the plate, other than Molson. Considering we have three very well-attended races, I'm often surprised at just how little corporate support there is.

jono

Chaos
03-04-04, 01:43 PM
Absolutely. Canada needs some corporations to step up to the plate, other than Molson. Considering we have three very well-attended races, I'm often surprised at just how little corporate support there is.

A lot of the corporate money goes into the races themselves. They are littered with advertising everywhere. Example, I sat in the "Bell Mobility" grandstand last year.

A lot of Canadian corporate money goes into hockey first. That's just the way it is up here.

rabbit
03-04-04, 03:52 PM
Forsythe owes Carpentier for all the help he gave PT in winning the championship. Drop-kicking him for a no-talent ride-buyer would be beneath Forsythe. That said, I think Carpentier would be better off with a team that would allow him to race his teammate. :thumbup:

Chaos
03-04-04, 03:57 PM
Forsythe owes Carpentier for all the help he gave PT in winning the championship. Drop-kicking him for a no-talent ride-buyer would be beneath Forsythe. That said, I think Carpentier would be better off with a team that would allow him to race his teammate. :thumbup:

Imagine he ended up at Rocketsports?

MAXAR RE
03-04-04, 04:15 PM
AR1 has nixed this rumor, reporting that Corona didn't give Lavin enough for a seat at Forsythe, so Lavin is now shopping his sponsorship to other teams.

Chiphead_Dave
03-04-04, 04:52 PM
Hey a local carpet race center (rc cars) is looking for a hot driver. Maybe Lavin can handle it.

Steve99
03-04-04, 05:55 PM
Hey a local carpet race center (rc cars) is looking for a hot driver. Maybe Lavin can handle it.

Carpet race center?

jonovision_man
03-04-04, 06:11 PM
A lot of the corporate money goes into the races themselves. They are littered with advertising everywhere. Example, I sat in the "Bell Mobility" grandstand last year.

A lot of Canadian corporate money goes into hockey first. That's just the way it is up here.

True, I guess they can get more bang for their buck with sponsorship at the track than supporting a team for a whole season.

jono

Wheel-Nut
03-04-04, 06:58 PM
. . . . Canada needs some corporations to step up to the plate, other than Molson. Considering we have three very well-attended races, I'm often surprised at just how little corporate support there is.

jono

How about Bombardier?

jonovision_man
03-04-04, 08:26 PM
How about Bombardier?

Bombardier-Forsythe Racing? :)

For some reason they've hitched their wagon on the IRL.

jono

theunions
03-04-04, 11:22 PM
Bombardier-Forsythe Racing? :)

For some reason they've hitched their wagon on the IRL.

Wasn't Bombardier a series supplier and/or sponsor last year, concurrent with IRL?

pfc_m_drake
03-05-04, 12:57 AM
Wasn't Bombardier a series supplier and/or sponsor last year, concurrent with IRL?
Preffered Private Aviation Solution (http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=5491)

Insomniac
03-05-04, 09:38 AM
That is insane. Talk about a huge disparity between teammates. What's the point of 2 cars? He won't be helping Tracy any. I can't believe it. Poor Carp and PT if this happens.

jonovision_man
03-05-04, 09:44 AM

Seems so, but a pretty minor effort, especially when you compare it to the massive support the Mexican drivers seem to draw.

jono

CART_Surfer
03-10-04, 05:31 AM
According to this crash.net article late today and in contrast to other reports, all is not lost for Carps......
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=3&nid=86894

Insomniac
03-10-04, 10:31 AM
According to this crash.net article late today and in contrast to other reports, all is not lost for Carps......
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=3&nid=86894

Geez. Which way is it. You have reports that PT broke the news, then Forsythe confirmed it. Now they are adding a third car. They couldn't afford a third car. I guess we'll know for sure at LB. :)