PDA

View Full Version : Even More Laguna Seca Testing Pictures

Dave99
01-29-03, 06:56 PM
Had a blast up in Monterey last weekend, even though my skills with the camera still leave something to be desired. Enjoy. (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4091257&a=30538368&f=0&sp=1&showall=true) :)

RichK
01-29-03, 07:09 PM
Great shots, Dave!

I like THIS ONE (http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4091257&a=30538368&p=62574192&f=0) a lot. The lighting looks like it was pretty good that day.

Dave99
01-29-03, 10:58 PM
Thanks RichK. The late day sun on Saturday at the Corkscrew acted as a spotlight. I got lucky there. I'd have one photo of every driver from that location too if it weren't for the photographer with an orange PRESS credential directly in front of me (except for those two shots).

Methanol1
01-29-03, 11:58 PM
Whats up Dave99.
How's everything. Nice that you checked in. Hopefully you can make the holy pilgrimage to Long Beach in April. I'll be there spreading the Gospel and hearing confessions. You know, there are CART fans that still watch the IRL and the Indy 500.

I bless you in the name of CART, real racing, real sport. Amen.

Go in peace

msvphoto
01-30-03, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Dave99
Thanks RichK. The late day sun on Saturday at the Corkscrew acted as a spotlight. I got lucky there. I'd have one photo of every driver from that location too if it weren't for the photographer with an orange PRESS credential directly in front of me (except for those two shots).

Gulp... I hope I wasn't the one in your way. Quite likely I was one of the media photographers because I was shooting the corkscrew Saturday late. That afternoon light was incredible. I shot from the spectator side of the fence for many, many years and try to give people trying to shoot from their a chance to get some shots too. There were at least 5 or 6 of us there late Saturday afternoon.

Dave99
01-30-03, 02:38 AM
msv, I have yet to meet you personally but am sure you are not the photog I saw up there, even though I know the corkscrew is your hang out. As considerate as I am, I would not have posted that if I so much as thought it might be you. And as it turns out, if I had been busy taking pictures up there it is likely I would not have met Methanol1 (and what can I possibly say about a man who wears an IRL SUCKS t-shirt?) so something good came out of it. See you both at Laguna Seca in June if not Long Beach. :)

Wheel-Nut
01-30-03, 10:34 AM
Those are good photos Dave99. One question, I noticed that most of the cars from the shots you got in the pits had 1/2 to 3/4 of the radiator air intakes covered, was it real cold that morning?

Dave99
01-30-03, 03:10 PM
Good eye(s) Wheel-Nut. By SoCal standards it was "nice" that morning. Sunny with a slight breeze, not "cold" really at all. Not sure if this was done for aero reasons or what, as I'd imagine this would elevate radiator water temps. I didn't want to ask anyone and look like a :gomer:, but will make a point to next time I'm at the track.