PDA

View Full Version : Juan is not amused

ilferrari
03-03-04, 08:09 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/3529143.stm

:thumbup:

After reading their jokes I wouldn't be either..

Hard Driver
03-03-04, 10:28 AM
I read two articles about the press conference and neither described the jokes more than the "do you want to play golf with my mother?". So I can't tell if this was over the top or Juan having a bad sense of humor and throwing a hissy fit. He does seem to have a temper. But at the same time, comdians on these type of shows do seem to push the limits.

Where did you see what questions they asked?

Forza Lancia
03-03-04, 12:00 PM
According to http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html:

One question went something like this: 'If Juan could Juan (win) just Juan (one) Formula Juan (one) race which Juan (one) would Juan want to Juan (win)?'

I would have to say that the "question" is lame enough that it might make me walk out, too.

ferrarigod
03-03-04, 12:06 PM
Montoya maybe overreacted a bit. People have this happen all the time and handle it like normal people. He should have laughed it off, and waited till the people were thrown out, he's such a dork, he gets way too upset from what I hear. The reason he is leaving Williams is because he threw a hissy fit at the French Grand Prix. What a total tool, his own attitude is what is keeping him from being good. Pathetic :thumdown:

indyfan31
03-03-04, 12:06 PM
Wow, that guy really needs a sedative. It would have been just as easy (and a lot more professional) to ask the management to throw the morons out, then go on with the press conference. Instead he walks off like a petulant little brat, just confirming what many people think of him anyway.

ferrarigod
03-03-04, 12:09 PM
Wow, that guy really needs a sedative. It would have been just as easy (and a lot more professional) to ask the management to throw the morons out, then go on with the press conference. Instead he walks off like a petulant little brat, just confirming what many people think of him anyway.

exactly, that precisly what I wanted to say in my above post, but you said it much better.

Oh and it definitly confirmed, along with his French GP antics, how much of a brat he was. Very sad

Autosport said this about the interview:
The incident happened at Sandown International Raceway, where team sponsor Allianz had scheduled a media and client day. Montoya drove away from the circuit refusing to complete his PR programme for the day.

How did he get married with this attitude, his wife must feel like she has a kid rather than a husband. :cry: What an infant

Steve99
03-03-04, 12:39 PM
Wow, a lot of Juan bashing going on here. :thumdown:

He warned them if they didn't stop he would leave. They didn't stop, so he left.

Insomniac
03-03-04, 01:04 PM
The FIA should've removed them if it was an FIA sponsored event and Juan was required to attend.

Dirty Sanchez
03-03-04, 01:07 PM
If Juan thinks he's got it bad now... :laugh: just wait :laugh:

mueber
03-03-04, 01:18 PM
A couple of nobodies trying to become somebodies at another person’s expense. The incident sounds as if it was juvenile enough that I would have done the same thing Montoya did.

rabbit
03-03-04, 03:43 PM
When a second 'journalist' kept up the charade, JPM lost his patience.

He said, according to Reuters: 'Either it stops or I walk off.'

The reporter continued talking and asked Formula One's finely-tuned 28-year-old whether he'd like to play a round of golf with his race- fan mother.
He gave them fair warning.

RichK
03-03-04, 03:54 PM
I would've walked out too. His time during a race weekend is limited as it is. I wouldn't put up with that BS.

One of the reasons I'm a fan is because JPM isn't a robot like 90% of F1 drivers.

RacinM3
03-03-04, 04:05 PM
I agree Rich, why sit around and listen to a couple of morons spout off? He told them what was going to happen if it continued. It did, then he showed them.

ferrarigod
03-03-04, 04:22 PM
It was at a party for Allianz, Williams' sponsor, and this was one of the first events he had in the entire day. He should have forced their removal, its them that should have left, not him. They were wrong, true, but it was a joke, after they are removed, he should still be there. Simple enough for me, childish on both parts.

RichK
03-03-04, 04:28 PM
Yes, he should act professionally at all times, suppress his true nature, and recite the Allianz company mission statement before going to bed.

cartcanuck
03-03-04, 05:37 PM
I've always Juandered what it would be like to be asked the same question over and over again by Juan or two journalists, and how much stuff Juan driver has to deal with in a season. I'm sure it isn't easy, and I'm Juan person who would likely lose his temper a lot with people wasting my time. Think about it, Juan is a race car driver who wants to race. This is likely the least enjoyable part of his job, but it's what makes him his money.

But to have jokers come in and waste his time when people have real questions to ask him, I for Juan don't blame him for getting mad. But instead of steaming out of the press conference and leaving the track, he should have stuck around until FJuan had those two guys either ejected or silenced. He still has responsiblities, but it's up to the organizers to ensure that he doesn't have a hostile environment.

I don't think McLaren will take kindly to this kind of stuff next year, but I do like his feistyness :rofl: He is certainly a standout personality in F1. The series needs some life in it's drivers.

RichK
03-03-04, 05:38 PM
cartcanuck, if you keep that up, I'm outta here! :gomer:

cartcanuck
03-03-04, 05:42 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I couldn't resist.

Ziggy
03-03-04, 07:02 PM
Im sure he is putting alot of thought into Williams sponsors...... Like why would he care long term? He is leaving (which is another topic) but really, He did what he said he would do, and that was walk away.

The French GP episode. Hope your not gleaning all your info from the same place, such as National Speed Sport News......

Ziggy

Robstar
03-03-04, 07:05 PM
I don't blame him - apparently he'd been there for 6 hrs doing promos...
Those two are lame anywho... :rolleyes:

Ankf00
03-03-04, 07:51 PM
I agree Rich, why sit around and listen to a couple of morons spout off? He told them what was going to happen if it continued. It did, then he showed them.

Juan should sit around with a couple of morons so he could appease ppl who look for any reason to mock him for no other reason than they need something to bash him with :rolleyes:

whatever, if someone says **** that lame to my face, I'm not going to humor them. Now if it's actually clever, that's something else...

Sean O'Gorman
03-03-04, 08:34 PM
They got exactly the reaction they were looking for from him. I would've fought back and started mocking them, but I suppose if I was Juan I'd be too busy racing worry about any comedy routines. :)

RacinM3
03-03-04, 09:09 PM
Ank, did you quote the right person?

Railbird
03-03-04, 10:44 PM
screw 'em

If I had Juancho's money, not to mention his talent, I would have walked too.

where does it say you have to suffer fools?

Ankf00
03-03-04, 11:09 PM
Ank, did you quote the right person?
ah, the "you" isn't you! it's to answer the question in your post, my mistake for not specifying, excuse me

Kiwifan
03-04-04, 03:19 AM
I saw the interview on our sports news tonight and as much as I love aussies (?) these two guys were childish and over the top. I don't blame Juan for leaving nor did the rest of my family and the sports presenter.

Get out the old Prime Ministers boot Robstar and give these two a good swift kick in the ar$e a la The Simpson's if you see them in Melbourne. :)

Rusty.

nz_climber
03-04-04, 03:01 PM
Im with Rusty on this, after seeing the interview - those guys weren't even funny, i don't blame JPM for walking out ( I think most people would have done the same thing)

Dr. Corkski
03-04-04, 04:06 PM
Seeing that JPM spends plenty of time on grass and sand traps as it is, I could understand why he wouldn't want to play golf.

Sean O'Gorman
03-04-04, 05:17 PM
Get out the old Prime Ministers boot Robstar and give these two a good swift kick in the ar$e a la The Simpson's if you see them in Melbourne. :)

Cut the joking Rusty, didn't you know that mocking the boot is a bootable offense? ;)

Kiwifan
03-04-04, 07:39 PM
:D Aussies do have a sense of humor but those two jokers didn't. It must be some big boot they have over there eh? In all the times I have been there I've not seen it but I'm sure it's there somewhere. ;) Behind the blackstump, Robstar?

Rusty.

PS, what way does the water go down the plughole up there?? ;)

ilferrari
03-05-04, 05:57 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/ap_photo/20040303/all/l1061998.jpg

'Frank [Williams] was ok with it,' said Juan. 'When they stopped being professional there was no need for me to be there so I got up and left.'

racer2c
03-05-04, 08:09 PM
It's Juan's pr agent that dropped the ball. They are supposed to research these sort of things and prep the 'star'.

Kiwifan
03-28-04, 05:37 AM
Just got back from Melbourne and now I get it. Ferrari and Bridgestone have got advertising on heaps of trams with "We won and won and won and won and won" referring to the last five championships. It's still a silly play on words and I can understand Juan thinking "WTF?" but as soon as I saw those hoardings the light came on........ :gomer:

Rusty.

oddlycalm
03-28-04, 04:39 PM
I don't blame him - apparently he'd been there for 6 hrs doing promos...

Absolutely. Unless a person has done that kind of non-stop appearance schedule, it's hard to say what one would do. Just having to answer the same stupid question for the 900th time would be enough to have me turning into my alter ego, predictablyfrantic, and stranling some poor unsuspecting journalist, just because it would feel good... :D

oc