PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Press Conference schedule

Railbird
03-03-04, 05:59 AM
"Subject: 2004 Champ Car Season Premiere Schedule
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 18:09:50 -0500

To All Champ Car Media:

The 2004 Champ Car Season Premiere will take place March 7-9 in Long Beach, California. Press conferences along with team, sponsor and driver announcements will take place Monday and Tuesday afternoon at the Westin Hotel in Long Beach, which is located at 333 E. Ocean Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90802.

Below, please find a schedule for Monday and Tuesday. All events, with the exception of Tuesday's fan activities, will take place in the Westin. The fan fest will be on the arena floor of the Long Beach Convention Center and is open to the media.

All media members that have sent a response confirming their
attendance have been placed on the credential list. Check-in will be at Champ Car registration in the Westin Hotel beginning Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. outside of the Shoreline Room, located on the 1st floor (lobby level). You will need to speak with Nicole Norris or Cathie Lyon in order to obtain your wristbands.

ONLY PHOTOGRAPHERS THAT HAVE REQUESTED STUDIO SPACE FOR SUNDAY'S PHOTO SHOOTS WILL BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE SUNDAY ACTIVITIES. THERE WILL BE NO MEDIA AVAILABILITY DURING THE SUNDAY PHOTO SHOOTS.

Please send any questions to Champ Car News Manager Eric Mauk at <mailto:Emauk@XXXX.XXX>Emauk@XXXX.XXX or call 317-XXX-XXXX Wednesday or Thursday. From Friday on, I can be reached on my cell phone at 317-XXX-XXXX.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR 2004 CHAMP CAR SEASON PREMIERE

Monday, March 8 - All events Monday and Tuesday with the exception of the Fan Fest will take place at the Westin Hotel in Long Beach

10:00 a.m. - OWRS partners press conference

10:45 a.m. - Rollout Herdez team, make driver and sponsor announcement

11:30 a.m. - Forsythe Racing press conference

12:15 p.m. -1:00 p.m. - Lunch with Toyota Atlantic drivers, brief Q&A with drivers, President Vicki O'Connor

1:15 p.m. - Rollout Rocketsports, make driver and sponsor announcement

2:00 p.m. - New Champ Car support series announcement

2:45 p.m. - Manufacturer opportunity with Ford

3:10 p.m. - Manufacturer opportunity with Bridgestone

3:45 p.m. - Rollout PK Racing, make driver and sponsor announcement

7:30 p.m. - Patrick Carpentier and Alex Tagliani to participate in
ceremonial puck drop at Monday night's NHL game at the Pond in Anaheim

Tuesday, March 9

9 a.m. - Press conference with Champ Car Racing Operations to discuss new competition rules for 2004

9:30 a.m. - Long Beach promoter press conference

10:00 a.m. - Team Rahal press conference

10:45 a.m. - Fernandez Racing car unveiling

11:30 a.m. - Rollout for Newman/Haas cars, make driver and sponsor
announcement

12:30 p.m. -1:30 p.m. - Lunch with Trans-Am cars and drivers,
Executive Director John Clagett

1:45 p.m. - RuSPORT car unveiling

2:30 p.m. - TV press conference

5:00 - 8:00 Fan festivities including pit stop demonstration (5:00 -
5:30)"

Robstar
03-03-04, 06:35 AM
Damn I wish I could be there... have a cold one for your mates downunder...
:cool:

bigdcart
03-03-04, 10:39 AM
Thanks for this info R-bird. Do you know if there will be any media streaming for us regular rank-n-file?

jonovision_man
03-03-04, 10:46 AM
Pretty cool event, reminds me a bit of the F1 car roll-outs, although all at once. :)

I notice we're only going to hear from these teams:
Herdez
Forsythe
Rocketsports
PK
Rahal
Fernandez
Newman/Haas
RuSPORT

I take it this isn't all the teams to be participating this season, just the ones attending this event. Hopefully the others make their announcements soon too.

jono

Turn7
03-03-04, 11:35 AM
Maybe these are all two car teams? Possibly since they are doubling their investment into the series, they get to headline the press conference?

Brickman
03-03-04, 11:45 AM
I don't think anyone should read anything into a short list of participants. It's PR not a roll call.

theunions
03-03-04, 12:47 PM
What's the significance of the Newman-Haas driver announcement (as opposed to Rocketsports, Herdez, PK, etc., all of whom have official vacancies at this time, and we have a pretty good idea of who will fill them)???