PDA

View Full Version : This is funny

Wabbit
03-02-04, 03:00 PM

"Finally, A.J. Foyt has lost 25 pounds on the Atkins diet but he's also got some extra incentive. Sponsor Conseco is giving Super Tex $500 for every pound he drops. No wonder he hasn't touched ice cream in two months."

Sean O'Gorman
03-02-04, 04:17 PM
Wow, that is $77,500 to dump AJ IV from the car!

Speaking of losing weight, did anyone else feel like vomiting after reading that line in the linked Robin Miller column about Hornish being an IRL star despite coming into the series with no money? Thats absolute BS, I expected more out of Robin.

pinniped
03-02-04, 04:42 PM
"You take the bun off the sammich, and you can bring it back cause you know where it comed from. And its a quality sammich too. Some people these days are eating sammiches where they don't even know where they comed from."

RacinM3
03-02-04, 06:20 PM
lol ZE

Racewriter
03-02-04, 06:47 PM
Wow, that is $77,500 to dump AJ IV from the car!

Speaking of losing weight, did anyone else feel like vomiting after reading that line in the linked Robin Miller column about Hornish being an IRL star despite coming into the series with no money? Thats absolute BS, I expected more out of Robin.

Me too. In fact, I was at the press conference where Sam was announced at Panther, and Robin made a point of asking if Sam's dad was glad to not be financing his racing anymore - a reference to Sam's dad footing the bill at PDM.

JoeBob
03-02-04, 08:47 PM
What is really strange is that later in that column, Robin writes:

"They have made me feel at home and to win my debut for Team Penske was really exciting," said the kid with 12 victories in 53 starts whose initial season (2000) IRL season was a low-buck effort funded by his father.

How he can say he had no money at the beginning of the column, and write that his father funded his first season later is beyond me.

racer2c
03-02-04, 09:44 PM
Dads money and corporate money are two different things.

Steve99
03-03-04, 12:48 PM
I don't see the difference. He brought money to buy his first ride in the IRL.

I wonder if someone "edited" Robin's column after he finished it?