PDA

View Full Version : NTN Bar Trivia

devilmaster
03-02-04, 12:56 PM
Does anyone get out and play NTN trivia? For those who don't know, NTN is an interactive trivia game where you get a playmaker keypad and play against people in the same bar and in bars across North America. Games are usually half hour long (with some 1 hour games) and run from general trivia (countdown, wipeout) to sports (SportsIQ, QB1) to music (jukebox) to adult (nightside).

I play regularly, and mostly play monday nights for SportsIQ.

Did anyone play last night? Cause I screwed up in one section and its really bugging me.

If you've played it before, the section of the SportsIQ game that gives 4 clues over the length of time for the question and you have to guess what year all these clues happened. Well, one question started with the clue "Mario Andretti wins the Indy 500". Naturally you all know where this is going. I brain-farted and got the year wrong. Still won the game in our bar though with 107 pts ;)

I also was wondering if one game was only available on the Canadian side. Its on thursday nights and its called Raceworld Trivia. I've played it a couple times but i've only seen canadian bar results on it.

Steve

Sean O'Gorman
03-02-04, 04:21 PM
I play it on occasion when I go out to BW-3 with my friends. I won once against 10 other people, but usually we don't get past trying to get dirty words past the language filter and onto the TV screens to actually play the game. :shakehead

Hardpoint
03-02-04, 04:46 PM
I have never seen that game, and I have played regularly since 1997. I wish we had it around here.

devilmaster
03-02-04, 11:23 PM
I have never seen that game, and I have played regularly since 1997. I wish we had it around here.

yeah, I went looking for it on the American side of NTN, and it wasn't there. They only have a game of Countdown at that time.

Canadians don't use the same playmaker keypad, we still use the old system that doesn't have chat or anything like that.

Steve

dando
03-02-04, 11:38 PM
Does anyone get out and play NTN trivia? For those who don't know, NTN is an interactive trivia game where you get a playmaker keypad and play against people in the same bar and in bars across North America. Games are usually half hour long (with some 1 hour games) and run from general trivia (countdown, wipeout) to sports (SportsIQ, QB1) to music (jukebox) to adult (nightside).

I play regularly, and mostly play monday nights for SportsIQ.

Did anyone play last night? Cause I screwed up in one section and its really bugging me.

If you've played it before, the section of the SportsIQ game that gives 4 clues over the length of time for the question and you have to guess what year all these clues happened. Well, one question started with the clue "Mario Andretti wins the Indy 500". Naturally you all know where this is going. I brain-farted and got the year wrong. Still won the game in our bar though with 107 pts ;)

I also was wondering if one game was only available on the Canadian side. Its on thursday nights and its called Raceworld Trivia. I've played it a couple times but i've only seen canadian bar results on it.

Steve

Steve, might that 107 points be Canadian? ;) I did a bit of Googling and it appears that there is a canadian version (ntnc.com) and a US version (ntn.com). The Canadian site lists Raceworldtrivia (http://www.ntnc.com/2002/index_hosp_Game.asp), and the US site lists Race Day (http://ntn.com/hospitality_tech/players_corner/games_library/raceday.asp) (stock car only :( ).

-Kevin

devilmaster
03-03-04, 12:23 AM
Steve, might that 107 points be Canadian? ;)
-Kevin

Pffffft.

Good thing about NTN is, for the featured games, you can go online and get the scores. :)

http://www.ntn.com/hospitality_tech/players_corner/hall_of_fame/index.asp

Click on SportsIQ east, and it'll show the top 200 on the first page. You go to the second page (ahem) and look down, waaaaaaay down at 383rd. There I be.

383 SAMMY 1070 HURRICANE1 WINDSOR ON

My buddy Rick, (who 9 times out of 10 beats me at this game, though i'll never admit to him that he's better ;) ) didn't have as good of a game.

Steve

chop456
03-03-04, 02:33 AM
Used to play all the time when I lived in Illinois. Now, the only place near me that has it is a cheezy Best Western lounge.

DjDrOmusic
03-03-04, 05:49 PM
They have that at Bumpers, and although I've never played "officially", I usually sit there and p!$$ off the guys that are, by answering the questions. Molson on tap tends to make me do things like that! ;) :D