PDA

View Full Version : Did You Know Google...

racer2c
03-01-04, 02:08 PM
...is a calculator and a conversion tool? Just type your equation or the conversion (such as lbs to kilos) you would like to know and presto...your answer! Pretty cool.

Adrian_FanTX
03-01-04, 07:03 PM
Cool I always wanted to know my weight in Kilos.

Won't tell yo but it is more than 80 Kg. :D

Rob
03-01-04, 07:16 PM
It slices! It dices! It's a dessert topping AND a floor cleaner! It's Google!

Turn7
03-01-04, 07:38 PM
It is also a dictionary. Just type in ' define xyz ' in the search box.

It will return a definition and then the usual links to the words you searched for.

anait
03-01-04, 07:57 PM
Google is your friend. :)

eiregosod
03-01-04, 08:43 PM
once google can solve partial differential equations I'll be happy :D

Lizzerd
03-01-04, 08:49 PM
once google can solve partial differential equations I'll be happy :D

Yikes... that brings back some memories I'd just as soon forget. Thanks, eire, now I'll be having dreams of forgetting where my final exam is again... 25 years after my last final exam.

eiregosod
03-01-04, 09:01 PM
Yikes... that brings back some memories I'd just as soon forget. Thanks, eire, now I'll be having dreams of forgetting where my final exam is again... 25 years after my last final exam.

I know that feeling, even though I pursued the mathematical sciences, past exams concerning English literature still haunt,

Ankf00
03-01-04, 10:15 PM
diff eq solutions?

why Matlab ode45 command is all you need ;)

I have this program called "convert" which does all sorts of unit conversions, it's small and simple, just a single executable file, just select the sort of dimension, distance, volume, force, etc, and then select the two units you need, dunno where I got it from but it appeared on my computer the other day...

anyway it's copyright 1999 by a Joshua F. Madison and the about help says it's free to distribute and use... http://www.joshmadison.com/software

I have it up at http://home.engr.utexas.edu/patelaa/stuff/convert.exe

racer2c
03-01-04, 10:53 PM
I had a partial differential once. Blew the 8 3/4 rear end out of my Challenger with one hell of a hole shot.

JoeBob
03-01-04, 10:54 PM
Google can do all sorts of cool things!

They're all listed here: http://www.google.com/help/features.html

Some of them are downright scary! (Try the reverse phone lookup!)

Turn7
03-01-04, 11:05 PM
Google can do all sorts of cool things!

They're all listed here: http://www.google.com/help/features.html

Some of them are downright scary! (Try the reverse phone lookup!)

The reverse lookup even provides a link to a "Yahoo" map of the billing address.

Cam
03-01-04, 11:34 PM
If you are listed in the phone book it is public knowedge. That's all they do!

Cam
03-01-04, 11:35 PM
Google is your friend. :)

anait...... Google iabsolutely my best friesnd! :thumbup:

TravelGal
03-02-04, 12:11 AM
If you are listed in the phone book it is public knowedge. That's all they do!

This is one of my hot buttons. Being in a business that requires security, I go overboard on it. Many people are in the phone book with no address at all or with only a town name. Google nevertheless has the Yahoo map to their house. It's information that is NOT in the phone book. It's easy to delete the address though. Just follow the linkies. I did it.

Sean O'Gorman
03-02-04, 12:29 AM
I think my dad did the thing where it removes your phone number from that reverse lookup, because nothing came up. Not like it matters, because i remember checking it last fall and they still listed our old address. Seeing as the new owners of that house were parking dead cars in the front yard, I don't think anyone trying to steal from their house would find much. Then again, thats no different than anything I've done at our new house. :laugh:

Anteater
03-08-04, 01:59 PM
I just did a Google search on my phone number. Our phone book listing is name only, no address or town. The search yielded the wrong town, and the map has us placed nowhere near where we live. :thumbup:

oddlycalm
03-08-04, 03:02 PM
For those that really want to plumb the bowels of Google, there is the book 'Google Hacks' and the 'Google Pocket Guide'. The book has everything from a Google toolbar for your browser to canned subroutines and macros that you can code in. Be warned, however, that owning the pocket guide automatically qualifies you as a geek, and for those that actually read the book cover to cover..... well, you probably knew you were a full on nerd. :D

oc

Steve99
03-08-04, 03:26 PM
Go to google, search on "weapons of mass destruction", and hit the "I'm feeling lucky" button. :)

nz_climber
03-08-04, 03:30 PM
For those that really want to plumb the bowels of Google, there is the book 'Google Hacks' and the 'Google Pocket Guide'. The book has everything from a Google toolbar for your browser to canned subroutines and macros that you can code in. Be warned, however, that owning the pocket guide automatically qualifies you as a geek, and for those that actually read the book cover to cover..... well, you probably knew you were a full on nerd. :D

oc

even knowing about this book qualifies you as a geek ;) :p

Adrian_FanTX
03-10-04, 06:45 PM
Google is my friend,

Thanks to Google my wife and I solved some discrepancies and now we are happily married.

Thanks Google...