PDA

View Full Version : Phil Giebler

Sean O'Gorman
03-01-04, 01:39 AM
How the hell did he end up in the Infiniti Pro Series? What a waste. Even though he won already and has more talent then the rest of the field combined, its still a losing situation for him.

BobN
03-01-04, 11:18 PM
How the hell did he end up in the Infiniti Pro Series? What a waste. Even though he won already and has more talent then the rest of the field combined, its still a losing situation for him.

Agreed. IPS is a direct path to ending a career. He should look sportscars if he can't find a good Atlantic ride or F3000. Jon Fogarty is running Sebring with The Racer's Group (partnered with Pat Long and Cort Wagner) in a Porsche GT. That is where these guys should be looking if they want to keep hopes of a road racing career alive. Nobody (even the IRL) is going to pay attention to IPS. Somehow I don't think winning oval races against the likes of Jesse Mason, Brad Pollard and Tony Turco is the way to get to F1. :shakehead

Sean O'Gorman
03-01-04, 11:37 PM
Agreed.

Agree, with ME? Is this the same BobN from 7G? ;)

RacinM3
03-01-04, 11:55 PM
What's wrong with you guys? What the hell's so bad about the IPS? I mean, it brought Jason Priestly fame and fortune, didn't it?

Er.....scratch that.

BobN
03-02-04, 12:11 AM
Agree, with ME? Is this the same BobN from 7G? ;)

Sure is Sean, I used to agree you regularly before you went all Grand-am on me. :D But I'll forgive your sins as I know you're just a young kid and you will grow out of it. ;)

I put Fogarty in the wrong car. It is Kelly Collins as the 3rd TRG drivcer and Fogarty in the Flying Lizard Porsche with Johannes van Overbeek and darren Law.

Sean O'Gorman
03-02-04, 12:19 AM
Don't look at me as pro-Grand-Am, just look at me as anti-ALMS. ;) Of course, for all the criticism I give ALMS, you know I'll probably be watching all 12 hours of Sebring, and assuming I don't change jobs soon, ALMS at Mid-Ohio will be one of 4 racing events I'll be at during my final 2 weeks of vacation. :cool: Hell, even if I have a new job I'll make time to be there!

Michaelhatesfans
03-02-04, 02:20 AM
Dammit, O'Gorman, not this again?! :laugh: