PDA

View Full Version : DOG BITES MAN!

lone_groover
02-29-04, 04:34 PM
Meanwhile, in Florida, another CrapWagon crashfest in front of empty stands.

:thumdown:

RaceGrrl
02-29-04, 04:37 PM
Yep, and Dario tries once again to get out of racing in the IRL by crashing in the first race of the season. :p

rabbit
02-29-04, 04:47 PM
And I quote:
inside, inside, inside, still inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, still inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, still inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, still inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, still inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, still inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, still inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, still inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside, inside... :shakehead

Brickman
02-29-04, 04:48 PM
A bunch of dumb accidents at that. Dixon :shakehead Taylor :shakehead Franchetti :shakehead Barron :shakehead

They need to stop before I exceed alotted "Smilies".

Brickman
02-29-04, 05:18 PM
Good final pass for the win.

BobN
02-29-04, 05:22 PM
How about that Paul Page and Jack Arute? :gomer:

Page on the opening lap: "They're six wide!" This with a total field of 19 cars total.

Page on Dario's wing: "There is Dario carrying back the wing from his car." (actually a crew member carrying the spare back to the truck). A few minutes later he again talks about Dario carrying the wing back while the camera shows the car being carried in on the truck with the wing still attached (although broken). :gomer:

Arute after the final Penske stop: "They have been fighting oversteeer. Oversteer is where when the tires go away you go in nose first." :gomer:

Makes you wonder if they have actually ever paid attention to a race and not just read the script. :shakehead

Brickman
02-29-04, 05:54 PM
Indeed the announcing definately was error filled.

Ziggy
02-29-04, 06:27 PM
Indeed the announcing definately was error filled.

As was the race. A non event by any standards

Ziggy

Racing Truth
02-29-04, 06:35 PM
Good final pass for the win.

Considering that the bottom was not the prefferred line, I'd agree.

Dixon: You know, the guy is awesome, but he just has these inexplicable brain fades.

Arute was awful. Page was awful, but less awful than on some occasions.

Goodyear was boring, but didn't really say anything stupid today.

Jerry Punch, not surprisingly, outclassed all of them.

Insomniac
02-29-04, 07:01 PM
I had it on while I was installing new drivers and software on my laptop. Few thoughts from what I saw.

Definitely a Linger Group production. They had the ESPN look, but it was there style and camera angles. Didn't help much though. The announcers are way too over the top for my liking.

They at least had a cute chick on the broadcast (not Sarah).

Did they mention Renna or anything about his accident? I didn't hear a thing. If they didn't, that was classless and inexcusable IMO.

They had to name drop Ashley Judd.

Manning was a rookie sensation in ChampCar (second to Bourdais) and he took out two guys. Real smooth.

Looked like the Penske cars owned the track even though they didn't qualify at the front.

Good pass by Hornish. Castroneves was hugging the inside and then inexplicably gave him the inside on the last lap.

Did Sarah say something about not having a ride because she didn't have a reason for putting it in the wall?

No cars flew and no one was hurt. :thumbup:

And finally, boring, can't wait for LB. :)

racer2c
02-29-04, 08:22 PM
Good pass by Hornish. Castroneves was hugging the inside and then inexplicably gave him the inside on the last lap.

:)

I caught the last ten laps as I was cleaning the visor on my helmet and just "knew" Cornish would find a way around on the last lap. Sure enough he did. Somehow, and it could be because of the lame announcers, that was the most dreadfully boring battle for the lead and last lap pass I've ever seen.
And if Page mentioned Shams left foot on top of his right foot one more time...If he had any ***** he would disclose what a farce momentum racing truly is. It's why I don't watch NASCAR. Thank god for Champ Car.

Corner5
02-29-04, 08:34 PM
Speaking of the error filled announcing-

They even got the story about Ashley Judd wrong. She did not get hurt while filming a movie- she is in a play on Broadway,"Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"! She did not break her ankle, she tore some ligaments in her ankle! Sheesh! ;) :gomer: :laugh:

KLang
02-29-04, 08:40 PM
Was there some sort of race today? :confused:

;)

Since no-one has mentioned him, is it safe to assume that the rumor of TK going announcing for the earl was false??

Insomniac
02-29-04, 09:07 PM
Since no-one has mentioned him, is it safe to assume that the rumor of TK going announcing for the earl was false??

No signs of TK. We can all still keep hoping. :)

Railbird
02-29-04, 09:59 PM
Dixon flat screwed the pooch.

Hornish rolled Helio for the first of what will probably be many times.

Rice looked good, I've always held out some hope for that kid.

TK not being on the broadcast, not to mention his comments during his comparison show with Johnny O'Connell, adds a lot to the Trans Am comeback deal.

lone_groover
02-29-04, 10:12 PM
Dixon flat screwed the pooch...

I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Dennis stops returning Dixon's mom's calls.

:cry:

fourrunner
02-29-04, 10:15 PM
When Michael Andretti and Juan Pablo Montoya were trading spots for repeated laps at Michigan ... That was Exciting !!! :thumbup:

Hornish besting Helio at the last minute just seemed contrived and uneventful unless you were Sam Hornish's Mom!

I'm sure we'll see this many times this season, and each one will be declared the "Closet or Most Thrilling" finish in racing history., by these Two Supercillious Broadcasters !

Railbird
02-29-04, 10:43 PM
When Michael Andretti and Juan Pablo Montoya were trading spots for repeated laps at Michigan ... That was Exciting !!!

I'll take Scooter and Junior dueling in pre-handford '95

rabbit
02-29-04, 10:44 PM
Dixon flat screwed the pooch.Flashbacks of the late caution at Indy last year. :gomer:

"Mr. Dennis, Mrs. Dixon on line two."

"Tell her I'm on vacation."

"But sir, you've been 'on vacation' for six months now."

rabbit
02-29-04, 10:45 PM
:thumbup:

Don Quixote
02-29-04, 10:45 PM
I watched about 15 minutes of the drivel today. Same old stuff, Penske dominates, small crowd but the camera crew was well instructed to avoid showing empty seats, boring roundy round racing. This stuff is unwatchable.

fourrunner
02-29-04, 11:15 PM
When Michael Andretti and Juan Pablo Montoya were trading spots for repeated laps at Michigan ... That was Exciting !!!

I'll take them also .... I was just making a point, and scooter & Jr. serve that purpose also ! :)

Dr. Corkski
02-29-04, 11:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Ron Dennis stops returning Dixon's mom's calls.

:cry:On the other hand Dixon's performance today might just warrant an eight year stay at McLaren.

JT265
03-01-04, 12:12 AM
Dixon: You know, the guy is awesome, but he just has these inexplicable brain fades.

Besides a fuel economy win at Naz, in what context do you feel that he's awesome?

No flaming, honest question. Or maybe like Sham, earl brings out the best in journeymen.

Brickman
03-01-04, 12:46 AM
Dixon flat screwed the pooch.

Hornish rolled Helio for the first of what will probably be many times.

Rice looked good, I've always held out some hope for that kid.

TK not being on the broadcast, not to mention his comments during his comparison show with Johnny O'Connell, adds a lot to the Trans Am comeback deal.

Yes.

My fear with Helio is that he will go for a block after a few losses.

Brickman
03-01-04, 12:48 AM

Yes Handford and momentum races are nothing to brag about.

Railbird
03-01-04, 06:01 AM
Besides a fuel economy win at Naz, in what context do you feel that he's awesome?

I give Scott full marks regardless of where he's competing now or where he wants to be in the future. I've beem impressed with him since I first saw him in Lights.

The boy has skills imo

JohnHKart
03-01-04, 09:21 AM
I watched about 15 minutes of the drivel today. Same old stuff, Penske dominates, small crowd but the camera crew was well instructed to avoid showing empty seats, boring roundy round racing. This stuff is unwatchable.

Despite my recent vow on 7G I watched it anyway.....thank god for VCR's....what a bore. I may watch Phoenix....and will watch Indy...but I promise I will be dropping IRL watching this year at some point. God there's got to be something better to do than sit there watching that stuff. Well there is, cause next week F1 starts and Cup is in Vegas.

John

Insomniac
03-01-04, 09:52 AM

The Linger group did the same thing for CART.

Andrew Longman
03-01-04, 05:47 PM
I am jonesing so bad for some racing I have to admit I watch it. I even arranged my schedule to make sure I would have my work done in time.

20 minutes in I decided to go buy crickets for my kids lizards. I came back, watched some more but was falling asleep. Too nice a day yesterday to spend sleeping on the couch so I went out an vacuumed the car.

I did get back in in time to watch the last 10 laps. Turned off the sound before I went nuts with the inside, inside, inside inside, ahhhhhhh!

I can't wait until Melbourne and LB!

RichK
03-01-04, 05:57 PM
I also watched it, although I switched to motorbike racing and flipped back and forth. It was an incredibly boring race to me, and horribly HORRIBLY broadcasted. Scott Goodyear....what can I say? "This race is going to blow the points race wide open!" That was my favorite.

My wife mentioned the waste of talent on display. Pedal to the floor 'racing' must numb the drivers' senses, as alot of dumb mistakes were made. ANY series that has cars that can go around the entire circuit two-wide, flat out holds very little interest for me.

RacinM3
03-01-04, 06:13 PM

Or how 'bout Junior vs. Emmo at Indy in 1989?

mapguy
03-01-04, 06:30 PM
Or how 'bout Junior vs. Emmo at Indy in 1989?

Or Scott Dixon's parents taking him to the Australian dirt tracks when he was a wee tot. :shakehead :rolleyes:

What a bunch of lying, effing tools.

FTG
03-01-04, 06:59 PM
I didn't watch. I think half the audience was probably CART fans.

The IRL would die if CART fans didn't watch.

JohnHKart
03-01-04, 08:13 PM
Someone at TF said he was "tired of hearing Scott Goodyear talk to the viewers as if we were kindergartners." I think that pretty much sums up what is annoying about that guy.

JH

Railbird
03-01-04, 08:22 PM
The IRL would die if CART fans didn't watch.

and vice versa

face it, openwheel formula racing has fallen so far off the American radar screen that the numbers of who does and who doesn't watch wouldn't create a blip in the Nascar ratings.

Sean O'Gorman
03-01-04, 08:28 PM
I watched the first 30 minutes before I left for work. Not very exciting, but at least I could hear them lifting a bit in the corners. I still have no intention of watching unless theres no other racing on.

And, no surprise here, but of course the first sentence out of Paul Page's mouth has to do with this being a buildup to Indy. When will TG get that its not all about Indy?

KLang
03-01-04, 09:09 PM
its not all about Indy

:eek: Blasphemy!

;)

Michaelhatesfans
03-02-04, 02:31 AM
When are we going to get to the part about the guy being bitten by a dog? I couldn't give a rat's ass about the IRL.

4wheeldrifter
03-02-04, 02:02 PM
Watched my usual 5 minutes (per year) dose just to remind myself why that's all I'll watch. I watched my 2 green-flag, in-car-camera laps just to check if anything has changed. Noticed a half-note engine pitch change in the "turns" but couldn't tell if it was a lift or the g-force loading the car. In any event I quickly got bored and turned to the channel to "Trading Spaces", eminently more entertaining (and that's saying something).

RichK
03-02-04, 02:14 PM
When are we going to get to the part about the guy being bitten by a dog? I couldn't give a rat's ass about the IRL.

She didn't race.

Michaelhatesfans
03-02-04, 05:25 PM
:laugh: