PDA

View Full Version : High crimes at the local taco joint drive through

pinniped
02-29-04, 02:47 AM
As it turned out, my great Saturday evening plans sort of fizzled out, so I determined I would go grab some fine cuisine at Del Taco and them maybe head back home. I pull into a Del Taco drive through around 9:00 and some big black Mercedes E320 proceeds to pull in behind me. Only it doesn't stop. It keeps going, and runs right smack into the read of my car, raising the rear slightly to accomodate the more pointy Mercedes bumper. I am somewhat bemused, look in my rear-view mirror and not the driver is a real dingy looking lady who is acting like nothing happened. I gesture to her. Nothing. I wave - nothing. She doesn't back up even.

Now I am starting to get curious. So I get out of my car, and walk up to her window. She sees me coming and raises the window. She sees me there but looks away. This goes on for a few minutes. Finally, I say "Hey lady" and she lowers the window. I ask if she realizes she hit my car. She says "no", even though the cars are still touching. I ask if she is drunk, cause she has watery eyes and is acting real disoriented. She says no, but I don't believe her. I ask her to back up. She does and I look, it doesn't appear like there is any damage. I ask how she could possibly run into a stationary object and not know it, and she says "I didn't mean to." I generously tell her she is an idiot and get back into my car. She looks like she can barely hold her head up.

So as the line pulls forward I notice more bizarre behavior by her. She sits in one place for a long time, then guns it and nearly rear ends me again. People are honking and yelling at her, the typical newport saturday night ya-hoo crowd. Finally, I get sick of her display of weirdness and call the police, mainly because I am pissed that she tried to blow me off. They tell me to pull forward and wait for them to show. Fortunately this lady is so drunk that it took her 10 minutes to pay for her food so they got there in time.

By now though, a few minutes had passed and she had no idea that anything at all had happened, pulls up beside me, waves, and stuffs half a burrito down her throat. (Which in another context may have been impressive). Right then a police car, lights on, pulls up behind her and pins her in.

I then hear them questioning her. "What, no, I haven't had anything at all to drink, nothing, never" She then falls down in a puddle. "What accident? I never hit anyone" She says, then denies ever talking to me. Finally, she lets loose a torrent of well-bombed suburban housewife angst, proclaiming loudly that "she has rights" and that she is a "good upstanding citizen of Costa Mesa". Ha! Like such a thing ever existed!

The cops come up to my car and say, here write out a statement, "she's hammered and going to jail." All told this ends up taking about an hour out of my night. Now I would normally never complain if someone was a little tipsy but this lady was flat gone...I am not sure she knew her name...another block and who knows what she would have done....besides that it was damn funny watching her protest! I figure it is worth it to see this prototypical Mercedes with chrome rims bimbo person get nabbed.

Anyway, the moral of the story is don't go to the fricken del taco drivethru on Saturday night unless you want to be besieged by complete yahoos in various states of intoxication...so-what did you do this fine evening?

Brickman
02-29-04, 02:57 AM
I hear ya... coming back from Redlands tonight... if the stupid drivers weren't drunk, California will win Dave's WindTunnel worst driver survey hands down.

Ankf00
02-29-04, 03:42 AM
heh, the leather couch isn't working out as its supposed to yet eh? ;) good thing you haven't bought a BMW yet!

pinniped
02-29-04, 03:51 AM
:D The couch is fully functional...Ill leave it at that...hey, you're in college, what's your excuse? ;) I was considering a bmw motorcycle, not sure if that counts...

JT265
02-29-04, 09:42 AM
There is nothing better than drive-thru rage executed to perfection. Now, if the menopausal old bimbo had of tried that with me, she woulda been staring at the rear diff of my SUV.

Sweet. :thumbup:

(See, there is a reason for gas-guzzling road hogging vehicles after all.)

:D

eiregosod
02-29-04, 11:12 AM
went to a frends party!

Ankf00
02-29-04, 02:54 PM
My excuse is i stumbled home at 1:42 am to see OC still open on my browser and then indulged a severely misguided desire to post ;)

As for the evening, excessive consumption of Guiness at a friend's party, and then dancing "lessons" from drunk girls very insistent on having me dance. That's always a recipe for disaster. Ank + dance == federal state of emergency.

Brickman
02-29-04, 03:16 PM
heh, the leather couch isn't working out as its supposed to yet eh? ;) good thing you haven't bought a BMW yet!

I just find drivers speeding in the slow lane as brainless as it comes, they wonder why they need to slam on the brakes when they get boxed in or swerve to avoid traffic that is going 65 already. Even dumber is when they don't intend to swerve two lanes over just one. Some think a car can make up for the driver. IF that's the case the Honda bozos (3) last night need to step up the plate and buy a car that is engineered better than the driver.

pinniped
02-29-04, 03:48 PM
My excuse is i stumbled home at 1:42 am to see OC still open on my browser and then indulged a severely misguided desire to post ;)

As for the evening, excessive consumption of Guiness at a friend's party, and then dancing "lessons" from drunk girls very insistent on having me dance. That's always a recipe for disaster. Ank + dance == federal state of emergency.

:thumbup: There is hope for the engineering future after all...perhaps too I should add that I came home and poured meself a scotch :gomer:

oddlycalm
02-29-04, 03:51 PM
some big black Mercedes E320 proceeds to pull in behind me. Only it doesn't stop.

Your misadventure made me feel fortunate that it's not me that is paying the lease payments on her Benz, her therapist, bail on her DUI and the rest of her bills. :D

It also brought back old memories of wandering into Biff's on Woodward Avenue in Detroit after the bars closed at 2am. Always an interesting collection of wildlife at Biff's after closing time... :eek: ;)

oc

Ankf00
02-29-04, 03:56 PM
I just find drivers speeding in the slow lane as brainless as it comes, they wonder why they need to slam on the brakes when they get boxed in or swerve to avoid traffic that is going 65 already. Even dumber is when they don't intend to swerve two lanes over just one. Some think a car can make up for the driver. IF that's the case the Honda bozos (3) last night need to step up the plate and buy a car that is engineered better than the driver.
my mistake on the previous quote, was meaning to quote ZE

I find the funniest part is the folks that dont know how to switch lanes smoothly and jerk their wheel over almost losing control, well it's funny when i'm not the one directly behind them :saywhat:

Hard Driver
02-29-04, 04:28 PM
Pinniped (ZE). Thank you for taking her off the road. Like you said, who knows what her next adventure in drunk driving would have been. Maybe killing someone. So while I am not one too eager to call the cops on someone, but if you can't negotiate the drive thru without crashing, you had it coming.