PDA

View Full Version : This site makes me want to cry!

Wheel-Nut
02-26-04, 01:30 PM
Wrecked Exotics (http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/)

cartman
02-26-04, 03:57 PM
While I certainly understand your sadness at seeing such beautiful cars being trashed like that, I actually find this site somewhat amusing. To me it's pretty funny to see rich idiots trash their ridiculously expensive sports cars that they never had clue how to drive in the first place. Just because one has the money to buy a ridiculously expensive sports car, that does not mean that one has the ability to drive said sports car in a proper non-crashing fashion. You'd think that if these people had enough $ to buy these cars they'd have enough $ to rent a track and safely drive these cars at a high rate of speed without endangering the lives of the rest of us.

Living in Atlanta, we had a recent story about something like this with the Thrashers Danny Heatley. Idiot was driving his new Ferrari through Buckhead going around 100. The road he crashed on (and killed his team mate for that matter) is probably one of the most congested roads in all of Atlanta and the speed limit is only 35. The stupidity of some people just never ceases to amaze me. The fact that this guy is back on the ice playing hockey just makes me want to vomit. If it were any of us, we'd be in jail for vehicular manslaughter, but as I think we've all come to realize: apparently professional athletes don't have to live by the same rules and follow the same laws that the rest of us do.

Anyways, I would venture a hypothesis that with most of the cars that you're seeing on this site, the driver probably got what was coming to them.

Dr. Corkski
02-26-04, 04:02 PM
Looks like you just found Rodolfo Lavin's website.

Ankf00
02-26-04, 04:04 PM
isn't Buckhead a big party/bar area too?

RacinM3
02-26-04, 04:19 PM
While I certainly understand your sadness at seeing such beautiful cars being trashed like that, I actually find this site somewhat amusing. To me it's pretty funny to see rich idiots trash their ridiculously expensive sports cars that they never had clue how to drive in the first place. Just because one has the money to buy a ridiculously expensive sports car, that does not mean that one has the ability to drive said sports car in a proper non-crashing fashion.

Let me preface this by saying I understand what you're saying, but I don't necessarily agree. While yes, a large percentage of these cars were owned by people who may or may not know how to drive them, many of them were probably also owned by very good drivers who simply were at the limit and got caught out. God knows I've seen some damn good drivers destroy some damn fine cars, whether on racetracks (preferably) or on the street.

They're fast cars. People drive them fast. Sometimes they wreck them.

I don't know, I guess "s**** happens" pretty much covers how I feel.

cartman
02-26-04, 04:20 PM
isn't Buckhead a big party/bar area too?

Yeah, but I wouldn't go out down there if you paid me to. I don't want to get shot. Buckhead should be renamed to "Thughead" these days.

Sean O'Gorman
02-26-04, 04:54 PM
The people who destroyed those cars because of carelessness on the road deserve what they got. However, for every downside there is an up. Just think, maybe some of the cars on that site were salvaged and given new life as race cars. :thumbup:

Some of the cars on that site are really stretching it, as far as exotics are concerned.

This car is considered to be one of the best performing sports cars for the price. Introduced in the early 90's, the 3000 GT ranges in price from $30,000 all the way up to $65,000

The Toyota MR2 is valued at about $30,000 and can reach top speeds of over 130 MPH

WTF? :saywhat:

Wabbit
02-26-04, 04:56 PM
Looks like you just found Rodolfo Lavin's website.

I was thinking Townsend Bell.

Wheel-Nut
02-26-04, 05:00 PM
Some of the cars on that site are really stretching it, as far as exotics are concerned.

I agree. The Enzo is what caught my eye.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/11enzo_20040205_001.jpg

RacinM3
02-26-04, 05:09 PM
Here's the one that makes me cringe......

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/275GTB_20040205_006.jpg

Ziggy
02-26-04, 05:10 PM
cartman, that was a rockin' post. Right On Dude!

Ziggy

Insomniac
02-26-04, 09:03 PM
While I certainly understand your sadness at seeing such beautiful cars being trashed like that, I actually find this site somewhat amusing. To me it's pretty funny to see rich idiots trash their ridiculously expensive sports cars that they never had clue how to drive in the first place.

It isn't funny when you find out the insurance company paid out $1.2M after the car was written off as a total loss. I enjoy paying for idiot drivers mistakes.

4wheeldrifter
02-27-04, 08:39 AM
Here's the one that makes me cringe......

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/newphotos/exotics/275GTB_20040205_006.jpg

Yah, I'd say the driver felt that one. Poor Ferrari.

cartman
02-27-04, 04:32 PM
cartman, that was a rockin' post. Right On Dude!

Ziggy

Thanks Ziggy my good man. I try.