PDA

View Full Version : TiVo Alert

JoeBob
02-26-04, 12:16 PM
Practice, Qualifying and the race from Australia are listed under the generic "Auto Racing" title - so if you want to TiVo to record them, plan accordingly. At least for the first race, last year's season pass won't work.

Complains can be sent to SPEED here: http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/

Joe in LA
02-26-04, 02:59 PM
Sent in my comment.

Joe in LA
02-26-04, 04:07 PM
I got a response. SpeedTV says they do not identify the programs as "auto racing" when they send the listings. Said to "address your concerns to TiVo."

tllips
02-26-04, 05:02 PM
I know Tivo used to get the guide info from Tribune Services. So, they don't control what is in the guide either. I always use a keyword search for F1. (I think it as actually for Formula One and the Sports category) It's probably been two or three years since I set it up and it haven't missed an F1 race since.

By the same token, My search is also for CART. Does anyone have any idea what Spike or CBS is going to list the Champ Cars under this season? I suppose we would at least need to wait until the package is actually announced before we can begin asking these questions.

RacinM3
02-26-04, 05:17 PM
Actually, addressing your concerns to TiVo won't do a damn thing. It's the satellite or cable provider who's responsible for this. They're the ones who put the titles in the programming. Titling anything "Auto Racing" is laziness on their part. They're the ones who should feel our pain. TiVo's great, but without a season pass capability, it's just another VCR.

solpadeine
02-26-04, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I would have trusted my TiVo to catch it.

JoeBob
02-26-04, 05:46 PM
Last year, CART was "CART Racing" and Formula One was "Formula One Racing"

NASCAR has continued to be "NASCAR Racing" but F1 hasn't - so for ChampCars it will be wait and see.

As for SPEED and guide data, they've always sucked. They need to flag SPEED News data marking replays as replays. Why they don't take the time to work with whomever to get it right is beyond me - it only helps them to have good guide data. If other networks can get it right, why can't they?

RTKar
02-26-04, 08:18 PM
"Last year, CART was "CART Racing" and Formula One was "Formula One Racing.

NASCAR has continued to be "NASCAR Racing" but F1 hasn't - so for ChampCars it will be wait and see."

So what's earl racing? :gomer:

Insomniac
02-26-04, 09:11 PM

Maybe we should write them so it's renamed CrapWagon Racing.

tllips
02-27-04, 01:10 AM
[QUOTE=JoeBob]Last year, CART was "CART Racing" and Formula One was "Formula One Racing"

NASCAR has continued to be "NASCAR Racing" but F1 hasn't - so for ChampCars it will be wait and see.

QUOTE]

Actually Infiniti Pro Series was tagged as CART Racing. :saywhat:

RTKar
02-27-04, 07:43 AM
Actually Infiniti Pro Series was tagged as CART Racing. :saywhat:

Yikes !!! :rolleyes: