PDA

View Full Version : Paul G. meets with Molsen

G.
02-25-04, 06:25 PM
I REALLY don't like posting what other forums say, and this post is from a guy that was THERE at the meeting, but PG met with Molsen and had a press conference. Since it is his firsthand account, go see what Ticketboy says about dinner. Paddocktalk or crapwagon.

It's GOOD, 'cept St Pete.

Brickman
02-25-04, 08:25 PM
Molson would be nice

"Toronto 02-25-2004 03:24 PM
MOLSONINDY TicketBoy
Here goes:

15 races for sure and announcement next week on another int'l race, schedule to be confirmed in a week

St. Pete's,,,,,,sorry paper,, just the legal bs that it won't be running

18 cars at Long Beach, 15 confirmed and 6 drivers floating around to fill 3 seats.

TV schedule done. Will be out in a few days

All races will be aired at 4pm EST on Sundays so some races will be live, tape to live, tape delay.
Network deal done and the network is on board for promotion as well.

But 11am Sunday CCWS show. Now not sure if it is race weeks only or every Sunday

2005 Formula will be anouinced March 8-9 along with teams drivers and sponsors

Trans Am driver announcement next week that will leave you shaking your head re driver and owner combo

PG was asked if there was room in their 5 yr plan for unification
"NO"

Said he watched wind tunnel and FTG and thought it was good.

Mentioned numerous times that the Fan is #1 and that they are focusing on the personalities of the drivers.

This is just from my notes, there might be some more stuff when I get the notes from the communications dep't.

TicketBoy"

I kinda wonder about the 2005 deal. Since that is Long Beach meetup. Maybe 2004?... we shall see.

Hard Driver
02-25-04, 08:37 PM
That will make the next week or two very busy. Looks like the staggering releases for maximum impact. I hope it all is accurate. :thumbup:

Chaos
02-25-04, 09:06 PM
I hope it all is accurate.

i assume a lot of people are thinking the same thing.

eiregosod
02-25-04, 09:08 PM
He is quoting what PG said!

we'll see what the forthcoming press releases say!

Railbird
02-25-04, 10:21 PM
If that's even close to what they're selling, I'm buying.

the only downside for me is losing the excuse to visit bar after bar in search of the proper mix of of ambiance and TV reception....;)

on the T/A front do you suppose they are hinting at something involving PLN?

or Mario?

JT265
02-25-04, 10:31 PM
If that's even close to what they're selling, I'm buying.

the only downside for me is losing the excuse to visit bar after bar in search of the proper mix of of ambiance and TV reception....;)

on the T/A front do you suppose they are hinting at something involving PLN?

or Mario?

As far as T/A goes, I'd look for the announcement that Dr. Kendallschlong is back in the drivers seat. ;)

SteveH
02-25-04, 10:35 PM
As far as T/A goes, I'd look for the announcement that Dr. Kendallschlong is back in the drivers seat. ;)

That would be highly marketable. A fan favorite, no doubt. Too bad Pruett got away. Having the two of them in TA would be wonderful.

KobySon
02-25-04, 10:37 PM

After his failed attempt to capture the governorship? His confidence must be shot... A racer just can't perform without that edge that confidence gives.

Mike Kellner
02-26-04, 12:03 AM
Premptive D&G. Since no good news here can be posted without the obligatory load of D&G from the usual suspects, I thought I'd beat them to the punch....

In reading the interview, I couldn't help but notice that, nowhere did it say that they have a plan to keep everyone from dying due to bubonic plague. I think it is terrible that C^RT/OWRS is doing nothing to offer it's participants protection from this danger. It is like they don't even care. Just more of their typical mismanagement. In the IRL and NASCAR, no one has ever died of bubonic plague, a record C^RT/OWRS would do well to try and emulate. That is, if they care at all.

mk

Robstar
02-26-04, 12:14 AM
:laugh: :laugh:

rabbit
02-26-04, 12:35 AM
ROFL mk :laugh:

Ankf00
02-26-04, 12:40 AM
who are the 6 drivers? anyone know?

RARules
02-26-04, 12:41 AM
:rofl:

Thanks for the laugh, Mike! Gotta keep the D&Gers in the proper perspective.

Insomniac
02-26-04, 09:07 AM
I can't wait to see all these announcements roll out.

JLMannin
02-27-04, 12:34 PM
Mike - :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:rofl: