PDA

View Full Version : That's why they call them the Blues...

dando
02-24-04, 08:23 PM
Coach Q. out in St. Lou (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1743311). Not sure how management expected them to win w/Big Al and Jackman out for the year, and a rented G to boot.

Same day as Francis was released in Phoenix...still waiting for Sather to fire himself in NY. That's something like close to a dozen coaching changes in the NHL this season!

-Kevin

CART T. Katz
02-24-04, 08:41 PM
:eek:
WOW
of all the coaches to be let go at this time of year, he is the LAST person i expected to get shown the door. i think bill clement is right in his thoughts on the side. this is changing for the sake of changing. that move did not need to be made now (or ever come to think of it). best wishes to coach q wherever he lands (except if it's detroit).

devilmaster
02-24-04, 08:55 PM
Followed Joel since he played for my hometown Windsor Spitfires.

Expect this to be the first salvo in the 'new look' Blues.

Rumour has it the Pronger years are over, and with MacInnis in the twilight, they are looking to make the playoffs, but still dump salary with the lockout looming.

I agree with Clement. Joel will find a job, and I wouldn't be surprised if he finds it real soon. Love to see him come back to coach OHL (spits fired their coach yesterday) but he may land at the other job made available today. Phoenix might be his first call on the answering machine.

Steve

dando
02-24-04, 09:15 PM
FYI, I saw this coaching change floated as a rumor a few weeks ago in the local Cbus rag. Don't be surprised to see Coach Q coaching the CBJs next season...assuming there is a season. :(

-Kevin