PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Broadcast Crew

Audi_A4
02-23-04, 04:46 PM
So has the 2004 broadcast crew been announced yet?

cart7
02-23-04, 04:56 PM
Are there actually going to be broadcasts this year??

jdcooper
02-23-04, 05:18 PM
Has a TV package been finalized yet ? Maybe I missed it.

Racing Truth
02-23-04, 06:46 PM
Has a TV package been finalized yet ? Maybe I missed it.

Nothing announced. Speculation has it that it will be Spike, with PERHAPS a little CBS presence.

Lizzerd
02-23-04, 06:48 PM
I don't care who the talking heads are! Just give me cameras and some graphics.

:D :D :D

Sean O'Gorman
02-23-04, 06:56 PM
Maybe they'll just use the guys who do the voices for Most Extreme Elimination. :rofl:

JT265
02-23-04, 07:10 PM
Maybe they'll just use the guys who do the voices for Most Extreme Elimination. :rofl:

right you are Ken!

..errrrr, SOG............errrr.........um.........Wussy..... ...........ahem..........I mean......Sean. ;)

Adrian_FanTX
02-23-04, 07:36 PM
Last I heard, Fox Sports En Español is going to broadcast the races this year. Have not heard anything from any other station.

Fenster
02-24-04, 02:26 AM
Last I heard, Fox Sports En Español is going to broadcast the races this year. Have not heard anything from any other station.

Great... how are we all supposed to be fluent in Spanish with only two months notice?!;)

--Fenster.

Railbird
02-24-04, 06:25 AM
I'm with Lizzerd on this one. I don't give a damn if the talking heads are babbling in pig-latin.

Steve99
02-24-04, 11:30 AM
But it would help if the graphics were in English.

nrc
02-24-04, 12:59 PM
Who needs english? It's easy enough to figure out what "Mario Estúpido Dominguez" means.

Of course it's easy enough to say that we don't care who it is now, but just wait for the storm of criticism after the first race. :)

Brickman
02-24-04, 01:10 PM
I'm with Lizzerd on this one. I don't give a damn if the talking heads are babbling in pig-latin.

I agree. For that matter it's still February for god sakes, race is in April. Cup will have had 11 races with Forrest Gump announcing. Anyone will be an improvement.

rabbit
02-24-04, 04:29 PM
This just in... Howard Cosell, Dick Vitale and Bill Walton. :eek:

Dr. Corkski
02-24-04, 05:31 PM
Maybe they'll just use the guys who do the voices for Most Extreme Elimination. :rofl:Are they going to have a frutty cupper in a safari suit do the pit reports?

Racing Truth
02-26-04, 03:23 PM
This just in... Howard Cosell, Dick Vitale and Bill Walton. :eek:

Please. Don't even joke about Walton! :eek:

Does anyone like Bill Walton?

chop456
02-26-04, 04:10 PM
Please. Don't even joke about Walton! :eek:

Does anyone like Bill Walton?

If Walton's doing a game while I'm over at my dad's house, he'll crank up the volume just to annoy me. Maybe the worst announcer ever.

Ankf00
02-26-04, 04:13 PM
If Walton's doing a game while I'm over at my dad's house, he'll crank up the volume just to annoy me. Maybe the worst announcer ever.
Musberger, Walton, how do these morons stay employed!?!?!?! It's like a media conspiracy to annoy the entire sports watching populous. Maybe annoyed ppl pay more attention to commercials so they can jack up their ad prices.

Racing Truth
02-26-04, 04:33 PM
Musberger, Walton, how do these morons stay employed!?!?!?! It's like a media conspiracy to annoy the entire sports watching populous. Maybe annoyed ppl pay more attention to commercials so they can jack up their ad prices.

:laugh: :laugh:

"Oh that is TERRIBLE!!!" "That has to be the worst display of basketball I've ever seen!"

Two min. later:

"This is just an awesome display of execution!" "This is basketball at it's finest!"

Sean O'Gorman
02-26-04, 04:47 PM
Are they going to have a frutty cupper in a safari suit do the pit reports?

Why, are you looking for a job? :D

JoeBob
02-26-04, 04:53 PM
Back on topic a little - Gary Gerould was not included in the announcement of the ESPN IRL TV crew. I'd love to see him back with the ChampCars.

I think he'd be a great play by play guy, taking Varsha's spot. (He does play by play for the Sacramento Kings, and was also in the booth for either Toyota Atlantics or Indy Lights way back when.) If he's not in the booth, he'd be a fine (and available) pit reporter.

Brian Till was also good the few times he was in the pits with the ChampCars (and I think he did Indy Lights broadcasts as well.)

Sean O'Gorman
02-26-04, 04:57 PM
Till did the Toyota Atlantics races when they were on ESPN2. Can't remember him doing Indy Lights though.

Ziggy
02-26-04, 05:01 PM
Gary Gerould is a putz. You could find fifty people on Internet message boards who could and would do a better job. Have you ever listened to this guy whine during commercial breaks? Prima donna with no talent, and no passion. In one word, Clueless

Ziggy

Wally
02-26-04, 07:13 PM
GaryG does a fine job on the Kings games, not sure I would welcome him back to Champ car though.
I was very impresed with Brian Till ,he seems to have a lot going for him in the short time he has been at it.:thumbup:

Steve99
02-26-04, 08:07 PM
What's Jon Beekhus (sp?) doing these days?

RaceGrrl
02-26-04, 11:52 PM
I'd like to see Varsha and Beekhus back, but I can do without Gerould.

Don Quixote
02-27-04, 12:26 AM
I agree with Ziggy and Racegrrl regarding Gerould. I wonder if TK refused to sign the Disney contract whereby he agrees not to say the words "cart", "champcar", or "turbo".

Mach1
02-27-04, 02:24 AM
I vote for Bif#, ADRians MOm, and JAMe RObert in the booth and KEnny and SHirly in the pits. :gomer:

Seriously, I like Varsha and the guy with the accent that does the F1 races on SPEED. I should know his name since I watch F1 whenever it's on. He also use to do the NASCAR races back in the 70's. Those two make a good team in the booth. They use to call F1 races together a few years ago on SPEED. TK and some good looking female would be great in the pits!

Brickman
02-27-04, 03:11 AM
I vote for Bif#, ADRians MOm, and JAMe RObert in the booth and KEnny and SHirly in the pits. :gomer:

Seriously, I like Varsha and the guy with the accent that does the F1 races on SPEED. I should know his name since I watch F1 whenever it's on. He also use to do the NASCAR races back in the 70's. Those two make a good team in the booth. They use to call F1 races together a few years ago on SPEED. TK and some good looking female would be great in the pits!

TK and a good looking woman in the pits? I prefer the latter. Uh oh... ;)

jdcooper
02-27-04, 07:35 AM
Parker.

The best "detail man" ever. Better IMO than Steve Machett on F1/SpeedTV. Where is he now ? Saw him doing drag racing last summer. What a waste.

4wheeldrifter
02-27-04, 08:50 AM
Here's hoping for Danny Sullivan in the booth....

;) :laugh:

In all seriousness, Varsha with Parker would be nice, Beaker and Daly in the pits. Yeah, I like Daly. :p

Mach1
02-28-04, 03:11 AM
TK and a good looking woman in the pits? I prefer the latter. Uh oh... ;)

Good one, Brickman! :laugh: Okay, how about two good looking women in the pits. Who cares if they know anything about racing??

Lizzerd
02-28-04, 03:24 AM
Methinks TK AND a good looking woman in the pits would only spell trouble, uh oh...