PDA

View Full Version : TV 4 Me, and Aaron!

Kiwifan
02-23-04, 01:15 AM
I wrote to SKYTV NZ today thanking them for broadcasting CART last year and pleading with them to negotiate a contract for this year.

The reply was: "We are showing CART and the first race is in April" so I'm picking things are a bit further down the track than any of us know. ;) I remember last year things were up in the air right till the last minute.

You can take it from this thread that I am VERY happy today, Thanks CART, Thanks SKY. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Rusty. :D

Robstar
02-23-04, 02:46 AM
Channel 10 over here still haven't announced whether they will have Champ Cars this year... :shakehead

Kiwifan
02-23-04, 03:15 AM
I reckon if we have it listed you will too mate. Have you emailed them? Fingers crossed for ya!

I thought a CART fans good news mighta got more of a response but it seems the bash and bash threads are more popular than a fellow CART fans joy. :confused: Oh well, thanks Robstar. :)

Rusty.

Lizzerd
02-23-04, 03:32 AM
Way to go SKYTV! Did they actually announce it or did they just say they would show the races in the email?

What feed did you guys get last year? Varsha and company on Speed, or do you have your own crew announcing? Just curious.

As far as TV in the States, it seems that we are still just waiting around for the Spike Network announcement, socks firmly in place.

Congrats to the down under contingent. Enjoy the season! I will be, I know.

Kiwifan
02-23-04, 04:42 AM
Thanks Lizzerd, excuse the hissy fit from me eh? Just feeling a bit miffed after the good news. :o

You wouldn't believe it but when it was on ESPN we got, Barber Dodge, Toyota Atlantic's, Indy Lights, CART, Sth American Champs and Palmer Audi but when ESPN balked we were reduced to just getting CART Live. Just as well eh? :) The funny thing was we used to get Jeremy Shaw and Ben Edwards with Bob and Danny on the replays! It was great, a Kiwifan heaven. It was cool to hear the differences between the American and English feeds and their takes on accidents and incidents. Them's was the days, we even got qualifying. Sigh....

I have been writing to Sky's press officer for four years now, waving the flag and telling her that we do get up to watch every race Live, no matter what the time. I guess the answer you are looking for is, "by email" but given our email history I would suggest there is something in place. They were very good last year when we had so much trouble with the rights. Maybe I was being a bit too optimistic? :) They did the same with NASCAR and as I was watching it today (last 30 laps) I'm ever hopeful something has been set. There'll be plenty of egg on my face if it falls over huh? :)

Thanks for taking the time mate, you are a true fan. (Shadow told me! )

Rant over!

Rusty.

pchall
02-23-04, 08:28 AM
Channel 10 over here still haven't announced whether they will have Champ Cars this year... :shakehead

So much for the home of motorsports in Australia, right?

nz_climber
02-23-04, 03:00 PM
Thats great news Rusty :) :thumbup: can't wait to see the new season!! can you forward me the addy, and i'll send sky a thank you letter :)

THANK YOU OWRS AND SKYTV :D

Robstar
02-23-04, 06:03 PM

I reckon...
They have told us that we still won't get F1 qualifying this year either...

Andrew Longman
02-23-04, 06:04 PM
The best part of this news is that SOMEONE is putting cameras and crews at the races if SKY is picking this up. Certainly that's not SKY, someone else has to be providing the feed and they will certainly be looking to pipe it across NA.

And a deal must be in place if Sky is announcing plans.

Kiwifan
02-23-04, 06:08 PM

Bingo! :) That's what I thought Andrew. :thumbup:

Rusty.

Lizzerd
02-23-04, 06:42 PM
I thought a CART fans good news mighta got more of a response but it seems the bash and bash threads are more popular than a fellow CART fans joy. :confused: Oh well, thanks Robstar. :)

Rusty.

Rusty,

Keep in mind you posted this at 12:15 AM eastern time in the US. The only reason I saw it at 2:32 AM is because I'm a night owl.
:)

Cheers, mate!

Kiwifan
02-23-04, 09:32 PM
No worries mate. :)

Rusty.

Railbird
02-23-04, 09:32 PM
I'm just glad to hear there are cameras.

nz_climber
02-23-04, 11:41 PM
The best part of this news is that SOMEONE is putting cameras and crews at the races if SKY is picking this up. Certainly that's not SKY, someone else has to be providing the feed and they will certainly be looking to pipe it across NA.

Even if it just SKY camera's we can post over the tapes :gomer:

Amanda B.'s Mom
02-23-04, 11:58 PM
Hey,

What is up with Aaron? haven;t heard from him lately.

nz_climber
02-24-04, 02:51 PM
Hey,

What is up with Aaron? haven;t heard from him lately.

I think kiwifan was talking about me, so not sure about any other aaron around

krunch
02-26-04, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the great news Rusty!

Cynical sad sack that I am, I figured that with the uncertainty of C^RT international coverage and Sky going big with Nascar that all was lost for live C^RT in NZ this year.

Sure am happy to be proved wrong!

Looking forward to another winter of the occasional 4AM breakfast.
(Flatmates think I'm nuts! ) :rolleyes: :cool: :thumbup: :D

nz_climber
02-26-04, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the great news Rusty!

Cynical sad sack that I am, I figured that with the uncertainty of C^RT international coverage and Sky going big with Nascar that all was lost for live C^RT in NZ this year.

Sure am happy to be proved wrong!

Looking forward to another winter of the occasional 4AM breakfast.
(Flatmates think I'm nuts! )

Hey krunch - long time no see!

bring on the racing!

:D

ps/ Welcome to OC

Kiwifan
02-26-04, 09:20 PM
Where you been krunchy old boy? Eh? Long time no hear as Aaron says. Don't be a stranger here, there's some mighty fine folks at this forum and you always had something to add to the posts at 7G.

Re CART: Yeah I was worried about the NASCAR thingy but Jill reckons it's all go in April so I'm going with that. :) She didn't say "Live" mind but I'm the optimistic type sooooooo........ I guess we will have to wait and see.

Take care buddy and don't forget to pop in and say hello. There's too many Aussies here now so we need some intelligence to balance it back out. :)

Rusty.

Robstar
02-26-04, 09:25 PM
:laugh:

Kiwifan
02-26-04, 09:54 PM
I knew you'd be quick off the mark! :) Don't worry Robstar, I'll be in Aus in 3 weeks, Melbourne in fact but sadly it's 5 days after the race. :(

Ya can't bet those $99 fares eh? They are running ads over here for Telecom who are giving away 27 flights per day for all of Feb. They show Aussie blokes and girls saying how they Love Kiwis then when they hear that there will be more and more (of us) coming over they get all defensive. It's a bloody great ad. ;)

Take care mate and good luck with Channel 10.

Rusty.

nz_climber
02-26-04, 10:47 PM
I knew you'd be quick off the mark! :) Don't worry Robstar, I'll be in Aus in 3 weeks, Melbourne in fact but sadly it's 5 days after the race. :(

Rusty.

Thats the worst planned holiday ever! :eek: :saywhat: ehehe

krunch
02-27-04, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the welcome back guys!

Haven't posted anywhere for some time but have lurked a little watching the whole C^RT debacle unfold and trying to remain positive.

Even been too busy to see much of our summer seris although I did make the GP meeting at Teretonga and a wet saturday at the classic meet at Levels.

I would have liked to see more of the Team USA boys,Teretonga was a bloody madhouse as far as the racing went.

Back to the subject at hand.
C^RT coverage.
I suggest all kiwi race fans send Jill Dicken a thank you email.(sky@skytv.co.nz)

We need to ensure that these people know that there is a demand for the Champcars in NZ.

In fact I call on anyone wherever they are to do the same in their country.

Robstar
02-27-04, 10:07 PM
Thats the worst planned holiday ever! :eek: :saywhat: ehehe

I reckon Rusty's looking at it as quality time...

& just quietly, to get a family of 5 (?) to the AGP, would cost a pretty penny... ;)

Kiwifan
02-27-04, 10:38 PM
Nah, it's just me and the wife, we're leaving the sheep, er kids at home. :)

There's only the four of us but Aaron is like a son. :)

Rusty.

Robstar
02-27-04, 10:44 PM
aww bless... :)

nz_climber
02-29-04, 02:56 PM
Nah, it's just me and the wife, we're leaving the sheep, er kids at home. :)

There's only the four of us but Aaron is like a son. :)

Rusty.

Awww thanks rusty :) :thumbup:

ps/ Thanks for the game demo's

Hard Driver
03-01-04, 02:12 AM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Enjoy the coverage!

I am looking forward to finding out about mine here in the states.

Robstar
03-11-04, 02:11 AM

Woohoo !! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ten just announced we will get every race on Monday nights !!
The delay is a bugger, but hey, that's what we've always had anyway...

:thumbup: :cool:

Kiwifan
03-11-04, 04:32 AM
That's so cool mate. Shame you can't get it Live but at least you will see it I guess. Although SKY are advertising CART as part of it's April package they aren't saying Live or Tape delay so fingers crossed. ;)

Rusty.

Robstar
03-11-04, 04:52 AM
That's so cool mate. Shame you can't get it Live but at least you will see it I guess. Although SKY are advertising CART as part of it's April package they aren't saying Live or Tape delay so fingers crossed. ;)

Rusty.

Foxtel goes digital on Sunday, so as I'm satellite as opposed to cable (in the minority BTW) I'm going to see if there is a way to get SKYNZ if you guys end up getting races live...
Otherwise I'm just happy that ChampCars will be on again in Oz !! :thumbup: