PDA

View Full Version : F1 Racing Manager Game from Yahoo UK

devilmaster
02-21-04, 12:26 PM
As the title suggests, Yahoo UK has a neat (if a little simplistic) F1 manager game online. You play against other users on all the tracks of the F1 season. A season takes 2 months to play (you spend 2 actual calendar days at each track, for example training for a certain track is 8 hours long, to allow as many players as possible to play) and you race 19 tracks.

http://uk.racingmanager.yahoo.net/

From the Help file:

A season spans two months and 19 races. Your task as a manager is to lead your driver to success.

You can choose from a variety of settings, ranging from engine optimization to driver training and strategy modification via race radio.

Your racing team begins with a car, a driver, 1 million in cash and 60 turns. Many actions during the game use up turns and cost money. Therefore, it is important to budget your turns and money. Otherwise, you might possess a good car, but lack the money to do a qualification round.

New money: Every day at midnight you´ll receive 500.000 in cash, a revenue from your sponsor.

New turns: You´ll get one new turn every full hour.

I also started an Offcamber.net group in the game. On the left hand side menu, click on group, and then join group. it should ask for offcamber.net or the number which is 22,290. Group motto is Sempre ubi sub ubi.

It takes a little time to get the hang of the game, but its challenging to use your turns wisely and develop a good car and driver tandem, deal with blown engines and such.... Read all the help files on how to play, and jump on in.

Hope to see a couple people in there.
Steve

devilmaster
02-24-04, 06:09 PM
*bump*

denith from CW joined in. Hope to get a few more.

Steve

Hard Driver
02-27-04, 01:16 PM
When I went to the home page and then to fantasy racing, I ended up here:

http://uk.f1.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

This has last years dates on it? :confused:

pinniped
03-02-04, 04:06 AM
I tried to register for the F! fantasy league and got an email telling me that yahoo isn't doing it this year, but they ARE doing this team manager thingy...so I'll play... :)