PDA

View Full Version : Whither Salo?

pchall
02-21-04, 10:45 AM
Shamelessly ripped from another site.

Attributed to a Finnish newspaper:

Two Offers from New Teams

In Tuesday evening at his home in Switzerland, Salo pondered the competing offers he had received from two new CART teams. The new teams aren't exactly starting from the scratch, since one of them will try to build its success on the basis of a former successful team Patrick Racing.

Hmmmm. Since Rocketsports and RuSport divvied up the cars and equipment from Patrick Racing, could RuSport actually be thinking about a second car? Or could the translation be vague enough to be read that Salo has an offer from Rocketsports to team with Tagliani?

JT265
02-21-04, 10:50 AM
Option #3. Ego.

As opposed to coming clean with his compatroits, as in "I was tossed out on my ass and have zero, zip, nada", he lays this one for everyone to ponder and then in a month or so claims that "none of these offers were suitable for someone with the primadonna status I've achieved", thus saving his primadonna status for the day that Ferarri calls to have him replace both Bendo and the Chin.

IMO, of course. ;)

dando
02-21-04, 12:55 PM
Hmmmm. Since Rocketsports and RuSport divvied up the cars and equipment from Patrick Racing, could RuSport actually be thinking about a second car? Or could the translation be vague enough to be read that Salo has an offer from Rocketsports to team with Tagliani?
Not according to the quote from an AP article:

Team owner Carl Russo said he will field a one-car team in 2004 in the former CART series, with hopes of adding a second entry in 2005.
linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?id=1740011)
My guess is Rocketsports. Despain mentioned earlier this week that PK's offer was low ball, and that Salo was considering another offer.

-Kevin