PDA

View Full Version : Simple Green Gone ?

TedN
02-19-04, 08:36 PM
I just read on another forum that the chap who ran the racing program at Simple green has left the company and that Simple Green is longer in open-wheel racing.

Can anyone confirm this? If true, who might step in?

Also read that Dr. Trammel and Dr. Olvey were owed significant monies by CART and do not yet have contracts with OWRS. Hope these 2 heroes don't get away.

Ted

KLang
02-19-04, 09:19 PM
FWIW Simple Green is still listed on Cart.com's sponsor page and the Simple Green racing website, http://www.simplegreen.com/racing/ lists them as the Official Cleaner of Champ Car.

Hopefully they are still involved with the safety team.

nissan gtp
02-19-04, 09:30 PM
it would be sad if simple green left... they were a sponsor for a very important part of champ car --- safety of the drivers

Jag_Warrior
02-19-04, 09:35 PM
Mark (posting as SimpleMark on MotorsportForum) came off as a very p!ssy and bitter fellow late last year. I never could understand what his problem was. He came off like "we've done so much for CART and gotten so little in return." :cry: My only thought was, "Hey, life's a b!tc# and then ya die. Get over it. I never heard of your product til you got in CART." I figure both he and Freddy Lienhard owe me a "thanks" for the (relatively small) incremental sales I shot their way last year.

And yeah, I hear he either got pushed or jumped ship.

KLang
02-19-04, 09:44 PM
gotten so little in return

Every race I attended the Simple Green girls were always giving out loads of samples. We started using it a home due to their Champcar involvement. I can remember threads at 7G where most posters said the same.

dreamracer
02-19-04, 09:48 PM
Every race I attended the Simple Green girls were always giving out loads of samples. We started using it a home due to their Champcar involvement.

Me Too!

Dr Trammel and Olvey's involvement with the team was very much up in the air as of a week or so ago. :thumdown:
I REALLY hope they get them back on board.

I think, though that the simple green moniker of the safety team is gone.

Kiwifan
02-19-04, 10:43 PM
I have purchased Simple Green to sell in my store, I have written to them and received a fantastic reply but in Surfers some of the guys told me they "thought" they were gone. :( I find that very sad as they were a very classy outfit. Thumbs up to Simple Green for their past effort, I appreciate it guys.

Rusty.

Brickman
02-19-04, 10:50 PM
Simple Green's rep/owner use to post on 7G and send samples to postes who inquired about the product. They are the best, hands down.

Robstar
02-19-04, 11:03 PM
I have purchased Simple Green to sell in my store, I have written to them and received a fantastic reply but in Surfers some of the guys told me they "thought" they were gone. :( I find that very sad as they were a very classy outfit. Thumbs up to Simple Green for their past effort, I appreciate it guys.

Rusty.

That was the word at Surfers, but I thought they meant gone cause of the CCWS uncertainty as opposed to their operation... :confused:

Tall1
02-20-04, 12:57 AM
Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't think the new owners will let safety be sacrificed. They realize that the safety team is the standard for the rest of the world of racing. I'd never heard of Simple Green until they sponsored the safety team. The team will be around, but with different sponsorship, much the same as when Simple Green became the sponsor. Who was it that sponsored the safety team before Simple Green?

Kiwifan
02-20-04, 01:20 AM
Real nice guys and I hope they stay. Robstar, you may be right.

Rusty.

pinniped
02-20-04, 02:28 AM
Its a desert topping and an upholstery cleaner

Insomniac
02-20-04, 09:45 AM
Me Too!

Dr Trammel and Olvey's involvement with the team was very much up in the air as of a week or so ago. :thumdown:
I REALLY hope they get them back on board.

I think, though that the simple green moniker of the safety team is gone.

I think they (Trammell and Olvey) will be back.

theunions
02-20-04, 12:48 PM
Who was it that sponsored the safety team before Simple Green?

Carl Horton

Chitowncartfreak
02-20-04, 03:28 PM
A replacement sponsor can be found. However, Olvey and Trammel would be very difficult, if not impossible, to replace.

Amanda B.'s Mom
02-21-04, 12:10 AM
The Simple Green Safety Team and Dr.'s Olvey and Trammel have earned a reputation of being the best in the business. Let's hope that everyone will be able to come to terms woth OWRS.

P Hanley
02-21-04, 01:24 AM
I strarted reading all the threads about the OWRS purchase of CART and all of its holdings and I found myself completely ignorant of just how many people were seriously effected by everything that was taking place. I really hope that the business "OWRS" follows up on all the contracts that it has in place, such as the safety teams, pacecar teams, technical staffs, ect which I'm sure they will. I really wonder what the IRL would have done (if their attempt to buy out CART succeded) with all these personal "family of CART" people and their contracts. I have no doubt that there would be an awful lot of people on the outside looking in on a sport that really sits deeply in their hearts. My hopes and wishes are with these people, as well as with all of us true fans that just can't wait to attend or watch on TV the sport that sits so deep;y in our hearts. LETS GET THIS THING ROLLING !!!!!

Lizzerd
02-21-04, 04:03 AM
Email campaign, anyone?

http://www.simplegreen.com/contact.html

Kiwifan
02-21-04, 04:56 AM
Done.

Rusty.

Robstar
02-21-04, 05:17 AM
Done also...

(& I made mrs Robstar write too)

Hurling Frootmig
02-22-04, 01:18 PM
A replacement sponsor can be found. However, Olvey and Trammel would be very difficult, if not impossible, to replace.

No one is impossible to replace. No one. They've probably trained a number of talented people or the same good doctors that trained them have probably trained a number of talented younger folks. It's the way things go.

Hurling Frootmig
02-22-04, 01:25 PM
I have to say I find it amusing to look on these forums and see new smokescreens by the doom and gloom crowd.

They throw up stuff filled with half truths at best and then don't bother to admit when they were wrong - which is pretty much every time.

If you've got some FACTS then let's talk.