PDA

View Full Version : Attention Rush Fans: They're Baaaaaack!

SID
02-18-04, 07:53 PM
2004 Tour dates just posted on www.rush.com

This year's highlight: Red Rocks Ampitheatre!

mapguy
02-18-04, 08:04 PM
Don't get TrueBrit started about Rush.
Uhh...nevermind....

TrueBrit
02-18-04, 08:16 PM
Don't get TrueBrit started about Rush.
Uhh...nevermind....

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Insomniac
02-18-04, 08:41 PM
A friend of mine is crazy about them. All I ever hear about is MSG. :)

But come on, that girl isn't that great a singer... ;)

cart7
02-18-04, 11:12 PM
Hmmm... the site has Geddy interviewed by a dog?? WTF???

Seriously, at his age, can he hit those highs anymore without some sort of external electrical stimulation? :confused:

skaven
02-18-04, 11:42 PM
This year's highlight: Red Rocks Ampitheatre!

Red Rocks is an amazing venue. I've only seen one show there since moving out from Chicago - Modest Mouse/ Flaming Lips. The sound wasn't great that day, but the ampitheatre is amazing. You get a workout going up and down the stairs for beers at 6,000 ft (or whatever).

I've never been able to afford a Rush concert, but I did see a laser light Rush show at a planetarium in college. (insert wasted smiley... )

Also, for you East Coasters - Sonic Youth is playing with J Mascis and Sebadoh in Northhampton, MA in a benefit for autism. J Mascis is also doing a solo acoustic tour with a stop in Denver. Woo Hoo ! ! !

dando
02-18-04, 11:47 PM
Loved them back in the day. Caught them a couple of years ago here in Cbus...the only concert I've bought coffee @ to stay awake. They had washing machines or dryers on stage as part of the show. Seriously boring show until they finally played Working Man for an encore.

-Kevin

SID
02-19-04, 10:46 PM
Loved them back in the day. Caught them a couple of years ago here in Cbus...the only concert I've bought coffee @ to stay awake. They had washing machines or dryers on stage as part of the show. Seriously boring show until they finally played Working Man for an encore.

-Kevin

I was at that same show. My guess is that you forgot to wear a carbon fiber & kevlar protective cup, and you were groggy for the first three hours after that first power chord :saywhat: :eek:

tllips
02-20-04, 02:07 PM
Bummer! They are in Chicago (Tweeter) the night of the Champcar race in Milwaukee. Then, they are in Milwaukee (Marcus) on Monday the 7th. I'm not sure I can get permission from the Mrs. to go to Milwaukee Fri-Sun and then drive back Monday night again. :cry:

4wheeldrifter
02-20-04, 04:18 PM
Saw them on their Signals and Hold Your Fire tours. Pretty good shows as I recall, and a great band in their time. Haven't followed them for quite a few years nor heard any of their new music since.

Chaos
02-20-04, 08:04 PM
did anyone catch their concert on Directv a few months ago? It was taped in 1990 in the UK. Huge crowd!

SID
02-21-04, 11:37 AM
did anyone catch their concert on Directv a few months ago? It was taped in 1990 in the UK. Huge crowd!

Rent "Rush in Rio" at Blockbuster. Taped in 2002, and 60,000 screaming raving Brazilians..... kinda like a champcar or F1 race. Lotsa the best of the new music, too.

As far as their popularity, well, our favorite racing series doesn't pack them in as well as in the old days in the US, but we're all still convinced of its merits. Rush is the same way. They got moved off of the airwaves for lower quality (think pre-chewed food) crap-o-the-month (think NASCAB)

Hardpoint
02-23-04, 09:51 AM
June 10 in Indy. Show #15 for me.

KaBoom21
02-24-04, 07:34 PM
They sounded incredible on the 2002 tour. Songs like Freewill and Natural Science sounded fresher than they have in years. Peart's drum solo was something else - better than on the last few tours.

Really, these guys still put on a great live show.