02-17-04, 10:43 PM
Next: TV package !

Things are looking up !
;)

PlanMan
02-17-04, 11:51 PM
Right on! Bring on the Beach!

What is it with these AP writers though. From the link above:
"The IRL, which now has most of the top teams and drivers in open-wheel racing, begins its ninth season Feb. 29 at Homestead-Miami Speedway." :rolleyes: As a ChampCar & F1 fan, I'd say that most of the top teams are somewhere other than the IRL.

P Hanley
02-18-04, 12:03 AM
Right on! Bring on the Beach!

What is it with these AP writers though. From the link above:
"The IRL, which now has most of the top teams and drivers in open-wheel racing, begins its ninth season Feb. 29 at Homestead-Miami Speedway." :rolleyes: As a ChampCar & F1 fan, I'd say that most of the top teams are somewhere other than the IRL.
I'd have to agree with you! The IRL has the most commercial teams, but not necessarily the best teams. Lets mention Newmwn Haas, Forsythe, Fernandez, all capable of winning even when the IRL boys were running in the real series, they all left for the money. If you want to take it world wide lets just mention, Ferarri, Williams, Mclarren, Jordan, Benneton, just to name a few.

4wheeldrifter
02-18-04, 08:53 AM
...The IRL has the most commercial teams, but not necessarily the best teams. Lets mention Newmwn Haas, Forsythe, Fernandez, all capable of winning even when the IRL boys were running in the real series, they all left for the money...

The same thought crossed my mind when I read the story. Some folks criteria for what makes a good team are a little different.

As for the good news.... As Captain Tenneal would say: "Get it on!" :thumbup:

Hard Driver
02-18-04, 10:21 AM
This is the dawning of the age of OWRS, age of OWRS. :o

Turn7
02-18-04, 10:52 AM
Does anybody else find it humorous that the three amigos chose an accronym that sounds out to "ours".

Steve99
02-18-04, 12:17 PM
I take as much exception with this part:

[CART] took a major blow in 1996 with the emergence of the IRL, dividing a small base of fans and major sponsors.

Nice revisionist history. It wasn't such a small fan base before TG tried to "fix" things.

anait
02-18-04, 12:50 PM
Does anybody else find it humorous that the three amigos chose an accronym that sounds out to "ours".

Yeah, I always kinda liked that...'This racing series is OWRS!!!!' :thumbup:

Purple Panic
02-18-04, 12:50 PM
Nice revisionist history. It wasn't such a small fan base before TG tried to "fix" things.

Compared to NASCAR's fan base, or say Baseball, or Football, or (world-wide) Soccer, it was a fairly small fan base. Small enough that we could go to the tracks and meet the drivers and even have a chat with them and they can walk down the street without being mobbed, at least.

devilmaster
02-18-04, 01:10 PM
This is the dawning of the age of OWRS, age of OWRS. :o

Arrgh! Now I got the fifth dimension stuck in my head......

Steve

anait
02-18-04, 06:07 PM
Arrgh! Now I got the fifth dimension stuck in my head......

Steve

And it's darn hard to fit the letters into the tune...the W screws up the meter. :p

ferrarigod
02-19-04, 12:09 AM
:thumbup:

Congrats to OWRS its owners and all of us fans. Its been a hectic offseason, here is to another great racing season :)

RARules
02-19-04, 11:13 PM
And it's darn hard to fit the letters into the tune...the W screws up the meter. :p

Well, then try another Fifth Dimension tune:

"Up, up and away"

Oh, that's the Twirl, isn't it? ;)