PDA

View Full Version : Sale of CART still to be finalized

dando
02-17-04, 10:39 AM
Still waiting on Ts to be crossed and Is to be dotted:

Sale of CART still to be finalized (http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?id=1736799)

Sooner they get this wrapped up, the sooner we hear about the TV package, teams, etc. Let's get it done!

-Kevin

Brickman
02-17-04, 11:06 AM
Indeed.

TV would be the most pressing matter, with that in place getting sponsors would be easier, getting teams would be easier.

But I would say the "Sold" sign is just as good as done.

Artemus
02-17-04, 03:03 PM
What is the latest speculation on a TV deal? I haven't been paying attention recently. :(

JoeBob
02-17-04, 03:09 PM
The deal is now finalized: http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=7521

OPEN WHEEL RACING SERIES COMPLETES PURCHASE OF CHAMPIONSHIP AUTO RACING TEAMS ASSETS

INDIANAPOLIS (February 17, 2004) – Open Wheel Racing Series, LLC, d/b/a Champ Car today announced that it has finalized the acquisition of the assets formerly held by Championship Auto Racing Teams and will now commence with the operation of the Champ Car World Series.

“We are pleased that the deal has finally been completed and that we can shift our focus to the racing,” said OWRS partner and Forsythe Racing team owner Gerald Forsythe. “This process has given us a better appreciation of the passion within the Champ Car community and we intend to reward everyone by conducting the finest racing series possible.”

The formal agreement has now reached completion, with all parties signing required documents and transferring appropriate contracts to the OWRS. The contracts include those signed with race promoters and selected manufacturers as well as with employees of the series.

“I have been through a number of business dealings in my time,” said OWRS partner and PK Racing team owner Kevin Kalkhoven. “But this has been one of the toughest. It took a great amount of work and commitment from a lot of people and we are very pleased with the result.”

“We could never have done this deal and kept Champ Car alive without the dedication, cooperation and spirit of everyone involved with the series,” said OWRS partner and Rocketsports Racing team owner Paul Gentilozzi. “We are at the threshold of taking the series to a whole new level and we look forward to many great years with the Champ Cars.”

The Champ Car World Series will now look ahead to its season-opening Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach April 18, which will kick off a 2004 campaign that culminates with the awarding of the Vanderbilt Cup to the series champion. Defending series champion Paul Tracy will headline a driver roster that will include drivers from around the world including Adrian Fernandez, Michel Jourdain Jr., Bruno Junqueira and Sebastien Bourdais.

KLang
02-17-04, 03:38 PM
:thumbup:

Now let's see a schedule. Please. :)

Seems like that is the first quote I've seen from Forsythe in a while.

pchall
02-17-04, 04:05 PM
I don't think much of this AP and other wire services "still to be finalized" crap. It's just lingering D&G from news source stringers and racewriters with no desire to do anything more that tote the IRL line as long as there is a buffet on race weekends.

Remember what Mulder said. ;)

racer2c
02-17-04, 04:12 PM
Remember what Mulder said. ;)

That his sister was abducted by aliens?

fourrunner
02-17-04, 05:15 PM
Yaaaaaayy!!