PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne GP

Robstar
02-17-04, 04:23 AM
Is anyone (esp. on this side of the world) going ?
I just booked my flights !!! :thumbup: :cool: :D :thumbup:

Edit: Sorry, this should have gone in Gatherings...

krunch
02-26-04, 08:57 PM
Have a good one for all of us Rob.

I got a rather sarcastic email from a Victorian friend reminding me that this will be my third missed AGP in a row. :D :cry: :cry: :D

Robstar
02-26-04, 09:37 PM
They are a sarcastic bunch down south... ;)

Cam
02-26-04, 10:43 PM
I wish! :cry:

Have fun!

Dirty Sanchez
02-27-04, 10:44 AM
See ya next year ;)

Maybe :gomer:

Have a good time... and take lots of pics... especially of the various stands. It will help me if/when I book next year. :thumbup:

jonovision_man
02-27-04, 12:13 PM
Predictions? :)

Always tough for the first race. Will the front-loader Williams front-end be a success or a dud? Maclaren have been quiet, other than Kimi complaining about being down on power... BAR have been quick in testing, can they last until the end of the race, especially with the new one-engine rule? Ferrari, Bridgestone, who knows?

1. Juan
2. Alonso
3. M. Schumacher

And it's go-go-go in Australia! :)

jono

Lizzerd
02-27-04, 03:38 PM
Until somebody starts beating him consistently, I've gotta go with the Chin. I don't recall hearing much from Renault so far, either.

1. M. Shumacher
2. Montoya
3. (Ready for this?) Da Matta

pinniped
02-27-04, 03:42 PM
One of the good things about the rule changes is that it adds some uncertainty to the equation and there is always the chance that one of big teams will simply get it wrong...this year it seems like that might be McLaren though on some days they have been quick in testing...It seems Renault have hit it spot on and that BAR are bringing it hard this year...A five-way battle?

Kiwifan
02-27-04, 04:04 PM
I'll be there the week after! Oh wait, that's dumb. :gomer:

Wished I could have made it but the seats were limited and very expensive. The week of the race, flights only, over $NZ1000. each, week after $99. so this time my wife wins. ;) Come October Jason and I win. :D

Take care Robstar and enjoy!

Rusty.

PS, you may be watching Dixon next year.....Mum's the word (http://xtramsn.co.nz/motoring/0,,6306-3118191,00.html)

Robstar
02-27-04, 10:11 PM
Meanwhile, speculation is mounting that Australian-born New Zealander Scott Dixon, the reigning champion in America’s Indy Racing League, will switch to F1 next year.

we'll see... :cool:

jonovision_man
02-28-04, 08:52 PM
Until somebody starts beating him consistently, I've gotta go with the Chin. I don't recall hearing much from Renault so far, either.

1. M. Shumacher
2. Montoya

Da Matta - gutsy call... :) Apparantly that Toyota engine is right up there with the best of them.

jono

pinniped
02-28-04, 09:14 PM
1. Chin
2. Montoya
3. Bendo
4. Ralfie boy
5. Button
6. Alonso

Lizzerd
02-28-04, 10:03 PM
Da Matta - gutsy call... :) Apparantly that Toyota engine is right up there with the best of them.

jono

It's a two thirds heart/one third brain call, jono.

Anteater
02-28-04, 11:37 PM
Yes, I'm ready, and I think da Matta is too. He's gonna get a podium this year! :thumbup:

jonovision_man
02-29-04, 09:06 AM
One of the good things about the rule changes is that it adds some uncertainty to the equation and there is always the chance that one of big teams will simply get it wrong...this year it seems like that might be McLaren though on some days they have been quick in testing...It seems Renault have hit it spot on and that BAR are bringing it hard this year...A five-way battle?

:) :) :)

Last year was great with 4 teams being competitive, 3 consistently... if this year that becomes 5 teams, I can hardly wait... it could be one of the best years in recent memory.

If any of the top 3 got it wrong over the offseason, my money is on Maclaren... they've just been too quiet, while Williams/BAR/Ferrari have been breaking each others lap time records, Maclaren has been plugging along without a peep.

But you never know for sure until the lights go off in Melbourne... :)

jono

Robstar
03-01-04, 06:32 PM
1) Montoya
2) Schuie
3) Ralf
4) Kimi
5) Da Matta
6) Webber :thumbup:
7) Barrichello
8) Alonso

tomahawk