PDA

View Full Version : Tony Stewart .... In House Moron

fourrunner
02-15-04, 02:02 PM
I just got done watching a Pre Race Daytona 500 interview on tape with Joe Gibbs saying how MATURE Tony Stewart has become since he signed his new contract, and how he will now be a smarter Racer from now on.

They then cut to a live shot and Tony Stewart is being interviewed in the one of the convertibles waving like Miss America. And Totally Trashing John Andretti, Saying he always runs out of talent before a race, That he got fired by Petty Enterprises because he takes somebody out every race, and pretty much implying he shouldn't be out there!

Now WHAT part of Maturity was Joe Gibbs Talking about. :shakehead :shakehead

To say that on National Television was Childish ...

Talented Driver... Just shows that Moron's can race!

lone_groover
02-15-04, 02:22 PM
WOW, 200,000 crackers!

I think I'll go out for some chowder.

:thumdown:

fourrunner
02-15-04, 02:25 PM
Ymmmmm Chowder.... wait for me..

Don't worry - I'm heading out with friends... won't see the Race! :)

Railbird
02-15-04, 02:51 PM
Stewart is a hell of a driver.

But I've been around him a ouple times in non-race situations and found him to be a little ass. While he was ranting about John A I was wondering 'what's this gaining him or anyone else?'

Being an ass just to be an ass.

Eagle104
02-15-04, 02:55 PM
If he was moaning about what happened yesterday...after seeing the video, it's small wonder that it turned out the way it did. I don't know where/how he thought he was going to pass waaay up there, anyway.

Shaddup and race, Tony.

Mike Kellner
02-15-04, 03:02 PM
Stewart is one of those guys who would be well advised to take a few lessons from Rick Mears on how to behave like a champion.

mk

manic mechanic
02-15-04, 04:20 PM
Stewart seems to be the kind of guy that has multiple facets to his personality.

I've met up with him 3 times and he's always been great. I just don't understand it when there is someone from the media close by...Instant @$$hole.

That's still one step better than Jeffy Gordon though. He's an @$$hole all the time! :D

manic

Eagle104
02-15-04, 06:08 PM
Well, even in the post-race radio intv, he again made sure to call John A. an idiot.

Big balls..good driver..small person.

And now, he's doing it again on the tv intv. :shakehead

Someone really needs to throttle the punk.

pinniped
02-15-04, 07:15 PM
Stewart's comments were out of line...I was rooting for him during the race, what a disappointment. His sponsor should sit him down and talk...

DaveL
02-15-04, 07:20 PM
Stewart finished 2nd to a superior car and the first thing he does is bad mouth Andretti.

Right now he is Jimmy Spencer with more talent.

SteveH
02-15-04, 07:27 PM
Soon he won't have Joe Gibbs to babysit him all season long. That should be fun.

DaveL
02-15-04, 07:37 PM
Soon he won't have Joe Gibbs to babysit him all season long. That should be fun.

And it's obvious he doesn't spend much time learning from his teammate who is the epitome of professional class.

Ziggy
02-15-04, 08:47 PM
I agree with the no place to run comment during the practice altercation. Tony Stewart is a moron. This does however, fit into the NASCAR scheme of selling something every second. "Hey, Tony hates John" better watch the race next Sundae to see if'n he crashes' em!

I did enjoy the comments of Sterling Marlin about getting rid of the rear spoilers. I also liked Mike Waltrips take on the safety crew. I actually saw a couple of safety workers hugging each other during the extraction. HUGGING EACH OTHER

Man, 'member the time when we was togethers down at Daytona gettin' Waltrip out of that big smash up? Them was the days, what a memory, We was thar

Looks to me like this will be the old guards last season. Not enough seats to plant the likes of Busch, Wimmer, Johnson etal out of the limelight for ever. Not a one of them a southerner. Too funny! Damn Yankee's done stole there sport. Wisconsin and Indiana seem to lead the way. Thats pretty far north of the Mason Dixon line.

Maybe the France Family can take a page out of Tony's book and start the Confederate Stock Car League........

Ziggy

Chaos
02-15-04, 08:57 PM
This does however, fit into the NASCAR scheme of selling something every second.

...yup, which is why he will be given a $1000 fine and a stern "dont do that again!"

fourrunner
02-15-04, 09:18 PM
If Stewart is going to be the "Mr.Tough Guy Wrestler, I Hate that Driver and am going to kick his ass personality". Then "BE A MAN" and pick on someone a bit more threatening than John Andretti. He may not be the BEST driver out there but he's a nice guy (the Bizzaro Mikey) who always a gentleman, soft spoken, and if he complains its just for a Minute, then just says "It's just Racing". That's why he keeps getting rides, he's a Great representative for the sponsor.

The Last time I remember Tont Stewart being tough to a drivers face, he was "behind" 3 of his crew members who were roughing up an "enraged" Robby Gordon, Stewart looked white as a sheet. However if Robby Gordon actually did get hold of Stewart, Stewart would be getting a makeover the next day from the "Queer Eye" guys and staying for dessert.

Tony Stewart is a Simpering, Bitter little Girl! NASCAR MATERIAL!!

JT265
02-15-04, 09:41 PM
What was it that John did that so enraged Tony and BiF# anyway?

L1P1
02-15-04, 10:16 PM
What was it that John did that so enraged Tony and BiF# anyway?

Yeah, me too. I'm pretty new here, so help me out....We're concerned about words spoken in/after the Soap Opera Derby...um...why?

fourrunner
02-16-04, 12:54 AM
This is from AR-1 -

Pretty much explains what happened (At least from John's point of view ) and before Stewarts "Woman Scorned" Comments of today

__________________________________________________ _______________

Andretti and Stewart trade paint again Despite having contact with Tony Stewart's car on two consecutive days of practice at Daytona International Speedway, John Andretti said any talk of a feud between the two drivers was silly. "I think it's just a coincidence," Andretti said. "For whatever reason, the last two days he's gotten into the back of me so I don't know what the deal is." Andretti said the two had not had a discussion after either incident. "Just dropping it is entirely up to him," Andretti said. "If anyone was looking to get even, it would be me and I'm not. I'm looking to try to run good in the Daytona 500 and Tony Stewart, to me is a guy I've got to beat, not a guy I've got to crash.

"I don't do that stuff because I've got too much respect for the owners and I do have respect for the drivers' safety. Most drivers here don't have much respect for that and taking a guy out doesn't mean that much to them. "I don't drive like that and maybe that's why guys might be more apt to hit my back bumper, because they feel pretty safe with it, but there's always other tracks that come along. But you can't concentrate on things like that -- that's a good way to waste your life." Andretti said the last two days' circumstances were simple.

"Today we all were racing and trying to make it three- and four-wide, which was probably a little bit over-aggressive, but whatever. Yesterday, though, was just a flat hit in the back -- I'm lucky I have a racecar left after that."

The latest incident occurred Saturday morning between Turns 3 and 4 in the single Happy Hour practice that was held at 10:30 a.m. after the earlier 45-minute session was canceled due to fog. "I don't know how it happened -- Tony would probably have a better description," Andretti said. "I don't know what to say to him about today (because) I'm not going to apologize for being in front of him."

After the left front fender of Stewart's No. 20 Chevrolet hit the right rear corner of Andretti's car, Andretti's No. 1 Chevrolet wiggled and continued, while Stewart contacted the wall with his car's right side.

Andretti calmly discussed the incident at his garage stall immediately after practice. He said he would welcome a talk with the 2002 NASCAR champion, but only if Stewart would be an adult about it.

Stewart did not comment on either incident. After practice his crew, including Joe Gibbs Racing team manager Jimmy Makar, stripped the decals from the right side of the car and did some major bodywork, particularly from the door to the back bumper. "Obviously, there's nothing extremely wrong with the car," Makar said. "The initial prognosis is good. We didn't get the wheels because they're all straight. Once we get the car on the ground we'll be able to tell if the rear end housing is straight, but right now we're looking at mostly cosmetic damage."

Andretti was somewhat perplexed from the circumstances of the two days. "I should have spun out yesterday and was lucky I didn't," Andretti said. "Today, they were lined up two-wide beneath us and I'm sure I know how he (Stewart) ended up in the wall. I had to move up to give them room and he was trying to get in there, above me. If he were in there it would have been really ugly. I guess we just clipped each other and he was closest (to the wall) so the wall stopped him from going any further." I'm surprised I didn't hear from him yesterday, because that (contact) was pretty blatant. I just dropped it, didn't think about it again and went about my business. Then, something happened again today and now it's like 'John and Tony have a feud,' and (that's ridiculous). I don't think it's an issue, I just think it's a bad set of circumstances."
__________________________________________________ _______________

Tony is NEVER at fault in these incidents, as we all know... However John's Talking to a print reporter, and Stewart did his "Catty Hissy Fit" on National Television Twice, and the first one in a Car waving to the crowd being his typical Phony Ass Self !