PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod....

Racing Truth
02-14-04, 08:51 PM
In further proof that Babe Ruth is still one bitter dead guy, the New York Yankees are about to get A-Rod in exchange for Soriano (overrated anyhow) and minor leaguers. Sorry Red Sox fan.

As a Cleveland Indian fan, I just want to puke knowing that the Yankees can just do whatever they please. :shakehead

Insomniac
02-14-04, 09:00 PM
What do you expect from the evil empire? I hear they might have to include Contreras. How you can convince the best player and obviously SS in MLB to play 3B is baffling. At least the BoSox will have the best SS in the league if this happens!

Racing Truth
02-14-04, 09:03 PM
What do you expect from the evil empire? I hear they might have to include Contreras. How you can convince the best player and obviously SS in MLB to play 3B is baffling. At least the BoSox will have the best SS in the league if this happens!

Yeah, a PO'ed SS at that too.

Heck, the Yanks might be glad to dump Contreras too. IIRC, he imploded at times last year.

Chaos
02-14-04, 09:07 PM
this has got to get under the red sox' skin, seeing as how they were so close to getting him. i suspect garciaparra is gonna leave after his contract expires too.

Ankf00
02-14-04, 09:07 PM
getting rid of soriano and contreras would be good, 2 overpaid fools

anywho, this is a trade, any team is free to trade for him, and the bosox just failed, so whatever

the yanks aren't going to win anything next year anyways, the pitching's gone.

Dr. Corkski
02-15-04, 09:43 AM
It seems that GMs of the two professional teams called the Rangers are actively trying to outdo each other in the stupid deals department. Someone needs to tell John Hart that it is not good to be getting a ton of Ks and HRs in return for A-Wad, not when it's Sorry-ano getting the Ks and ContHRaHRas giving up the homers.

Insomniac
02-15-04, 12:33 PM
this has got to get under the red sox' skin, seeing as how they were so close to getting him. i suspect garciaparra is gonna leave after his contract expires too.

I don't think it does. Once John Henry and co. (Larry Luchiano, Theo Epstein) took over, we became a lot smarter. They don't just do things as reactions to the Yankees. They do what they feel is best for them. And the A-Rod deal was going to cost them more money.

If this deal is going through and Nomar has a good year, I think he will be back.

Insomniac
02-15-04, 12:36 PM
anywho, this is a trade, any team is free to trade for him, and the bosox just failed, so whatever

No one ever said they weren't allowed to make a trade. The BoSox just couldn't get it done under terms they were willing to accept. That was their decision. I'm personally surprised it took this long for them to do this.

Insomniac
02-15-04, 12:37 PM
Can anyone else believe Aaron Boone helped the Yankees by playing basketball and hurt the BoSox without swinging the bat?