PDA

View Full Version : Message from Cart.com

KLang
02-14-04, 10:56 AM
February 13, 2004

To Our Champ Car Fans,

We at Champ Car want to thank you for all of your support during the Bridgestone presents the Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford in 2003. In addition, we want to thank you for the overwhelming support you displayed towards Champ Car during the transition of ownership to OWRS. And on this day, as a new company, Champ Car is now focused more than ever on continually bringing our fans the best motor sports experience in the world!

There’s no doubt that we have a lot of work ahead of us in preparing for the 2004 season, as well as our future; and your continued patience and support during these next couple of months are more than appreciated. Whether you will be joining us in person at the events, or from in front of your television set, you will agree that patience is indeed a virtue.

Included at the top of our restructuring list are the Inner Circle Fan Club and On-Line Store. These are two entities that we believe are going to be better served by bringing the processes back in-house, as well as aligning with those partners that have Champ Car’s interests as their number one priority. To that end, we will be introducing the new policies and benefits to these programs in the very near future. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, please send those to our attention at onlinestore@cart.com (regarding the Champ Car On-Line Store) or CCIC@cart.com (regarding the Champ Car Inner Circle Fan Club).

Champ Car fans are the best!

link (http://www.cart.com/onlinestore.asp)

Bring it on! :thumbup:

devilmaster
02-14-04, 10:58 AM
schweet. :D

Steve

WickerBill
02-14-04, 11:02 AM
The ones who remain are indeed some of the most hardy (or foolhardy) fans anywhere.

Maybe I should ask for a hardcard. ;)

JT265
02-14-04, 11:20 AM
The ones who remain are indeed some of the most hardy (or foolhardy) fans anywhere.

Maybe I should ask for a hardcard. ;)

You too?

:D

Dougrun
02-14-04, 02:43 PM
thats one thing I hope they do over from scratch, the fan club. I remember sitting in monterey talking with a few 7ger's about how much better it could be with a few obvious changes. I didn't join last year because it was a joke. They never had it together in time for you to get your ticket discounts and the "token" gift pack they sent was pathetic. In that pack should have been tons of sponsor-driven freebies, but all i got was a cheap plastic camera, photo album (who uses them anymore?) and a phone card.

They need to do it right and get those sponsors involved. The WCFC should be a cart asset that makes sponsors want to become part of cart, not a liability that just costs money. If the person in charge of it can't make it pay for itself, get someone who can.

Railbird
02-15-04, 09:28 AM
I still have my WCFC hat from 2000, very used and still very cool.

I also have a couple of those no-account stopwatches they handed out the next year.

I agree with Dougrun, either do it right or don't do it at all.

nrc
02-15-04, 04:48 PM
The hat was cool. Very subtle, very nice. Something you could wear without looking like a total fan-boy. I give them credit for trying to dream up new swag each year so people weren't getting the same things over and over, but stopwatches and junk cameras that will likely never be used are a waste.

My thought: cut the membership cost to almost nothing, lose the junk and just sell the members stuff they want at a discount.