Pages : 1 [2]

tomahawk
02-17-04, 11:53 PM
Wouldn't that be a boomerang?
I'll keep that in mind for my evil twin poster... :D

:tomahawk

meadors
02-18-04, 02:33 AM
I used to be Hobbes at speednet and Hobbes27 at 7th gear. Had lot's of fun meeting various people at Portland, Monterey, and Fontana.

another refugee. Thank you Mister Laguna/Wickerbill. Looks like a great place. :thumbup:

cartman
02-18-04, 12:25 PM
I am MAXAR RE on any board or chat I participate in. Depending on the login/programming restrictions/limitations of the various forums and shat programs, though, you may also see me as MAXAR_RE or maxarre.

If I had to choose a different name, it would be "shutupcartman"

If I die, I would like to be reincarnated as an underwear ngome. :D

I was cartman at 7G and here as well.
Hey MAXAR RE, I'm sorry you don't seem to like me, oh well, to each his own.

BobN
02-18-04, 12:36 PM
I was cartman at 7G and here as well.
Hey MAXAR RE, I'm sorry you don't seem to like me, oh well, to each his own.

I don't think it is personal. Think Southpark the tv show. :)

Ferdman
02-18-04, 12:39 PM
Ferdman, same as always, here.

Brickman
02-18-04, 01:30 PM
I've been mapguy (or mapguy V2.1 on 7G, CW and the Brownshirt forum) for as long as I've been posting. I was, rightfully, banned from 7G a few years ago for making a personal attack on one of our newest members here. That is one thing that I still regret to this day. I can't beleive what an ass I was. One of these days I would like to get a chance to buy him a cold one and offer to fix his furnace.... But he lives in California and I don't know much about A/C units yet. ;)

Darn my furnace and A/C are working fine. :( I always enjoyed our discussions... on Saturday Night Live they could get away with "Jane you ignorant slut" just not on forums. But the past is just that. But the cold beer idea sounds fine. :thumbup:

Redwing
02-18-04, 02:43 PM
Hey, I just found out about this great place! Many thanks to WB!

Redwing there, Redwing here. True story. I was sitting at home in Houston, unemployed, when the phone rang. The voice on the other end said, "Is this Redwing?". I responded proudly, "Yes, this is Redwing", wondering how someone on the 7G forum managed to get my phone number. The stranger said, "I'm looking for some steel toe boots, size 11..."

G.
02-18-04, 02:44 PM
Hey, I just found out about this great place! Many thanks to WB!

Redwing there, Redwing here. True story. I was sitting at home in Houston, unemployed, when the phone rang. The voice on the other end said, "Is this Redwing?". I responded proudly, "Yes, this is Redwing", wondering how someone on the 7G forum managed to get my phone number. The stranger said, "I'm looking for some steel toe boots, size 11..."OK, THAT'S FUNNY! :laugh:

devilmaster
02-18-04, 02:45 PM
True story. I was sitting at home in Houston, unemployed, when the phone rang. The voice on the other end said, "Is this Redwing?". I responded proudly, "Yes, this is Redwing", wondering how someone on the 7G forum managed to get my phone number. The stranger said, "I'm looking for some steel toe boots, size 11..."

:laugh: 'I gotta get me a pair of those metaphors.....'

Steve

FCYTravis
02-18-04, 03:50 PM
Oh, wait -- make my first one the Copyeditors listserve. (Where we discuss whether anal-rententive should have a hyphen or not. It's a real happenin' place!! :eek: :rofl: )
There's a copyeditors' listserve?

Where? How do I sign up? :D

Signed,
a college newspaper editor fed up with reporters who can't spell "college"

CARTNUT
02-18-04, 03:58 PM
I'm baaaaaaaack...

I registered last summer but never posted much here or there (mainly cuz i can't type worth a crap.) Great to be here and know that ChampCar and its fans are alive and well!

'NUT :gomer:

and as always:

GO JEEMY!!! :D :thumbup:

skaven
02-18-04, 05:08 PM
skaven at 7G and skaven here. I joined as soon as I found out about this place, thinking mistakenly that it was Silva/ Jag free. ;) I used to spar with Silva in late 99 when I first found out about such forums, but then realized I was wasting my time.

I was eightball at TF (named after the Clowes comic book, but I also got some props from the old-timers for the old "eightball" on the side of racecars). But then I had an opinion and got banned. :rolleyes: Now I have learned to take it in stride and have decided to follow my sport independent of the chest-thumping "winners" over there and their pyrrhic victories. I am encouraged that Champcar seems to following the same course.

Edit - I wear size 11 Redwings ! ! ! ! :)

mapguy
02-18-04, 08:04 PM
on Saturday Night Live they could get away with "Jane you ignorant slut"

Well, "Brickman, you ignorant slut" doesn't seem to work too well. ;)

Cheers mate, and once again my apologies for being an inconsiderate jackass.

Brickman
02-18-04, 08:11 PM
Well, "Brickman, you ignorant slut" doesn't seem to work too well. ;)

Cheers mate, and once again my apologies for being an inconsiderate jackass.

Nahhhh forget it.

Paintergeek
02-18-04, 10:42 PM
Not alot of time to chill tonight, but I just found out about this site and registered last night. To keep with topic: I was Paintergeek at 7G, and beleive I was Falcons66 at the old speednet days, but that was LONG ago. I was 7G member 260, registered in its second month I think.

Anywho, I have been Paintergeek (sometimes called PG for short), and was very active in 7G until a post got me in some trouble at work. I then reduced my input to the off-topic forums only, which I faded away from in 4/02 when I left CART.

Now, In 1/05 I returned, and hope to spend some time back in with ALOT of familiar faces!

PG

Brickman
02-18-04, 11:11 PM
Not alot of time to chill tonight, but I just found out about this site and registered last night. To keep with topic: I was Paintergeek at 7G, and beleive I was Falcons66 at the old speednet days, but that was LONG ago. I was 7G member 260, registered in its second month I think.

Anywho, I have been Paintergeek (sometimes called PG for short), and was very active in 7G until a post got me in some trouble at work. I then reduced my input to the off-topic forums only, which I faded away from in 4/02 when I left CART.

Now, In 1/05 I returned, and hope to spend some time back in with ALOT of familiar faces!

PG

Welcome Justin.

Always enjoyed your Falcon website. (see his profile)

Paint any tool boxes for Walter lately?

Cam
02-19-04, 12:41 AM

PG

Good to see you here! :thumbup:

Kiwifan
02-19-04, 01:29 AM
I'll second or third that. It was neat to get some inside info but appreciated that it got you, and others into trouble when things got crazy. ;)

I remember having a real chat at one stage on what constituted a Falcon 'cause I've got one too. :) I wished mine looked like This (http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/8_10_for1.htm) but maybe next year. :) To be honest it looks similar but it's what's under the hood eh?

Take care mate, hope to hear more from you.

Rusty.

Rob
02-20-04, 10:33 AM
Hi everybody! You knew me as Rob G at 7G, but you can simply call me Rob. :)

Cam
02-20-04, 10:40 AM

Finally! :thumbup:

anait
02-20-04, 11:13 AM

ROB!!!! It's great to see you again!!! :)

RTKar
02-20-04, 02:04 PM

Good to "see" you Rob, Where's Xen?

Rob
02-20-04, 09:47 PM
Thanks all! Good to be here.

Where's Xen?
Xen's doing well. He only posted a dozen times in a few years in the 7G forums, so who knows when he'll be posting anywhere. :laugh:

TravelGal
02-20-04, 10:13 PM
Geez. Rob, you blew my computer! I mean I just posted and it blew me off the net. Wow! You are some presence! Anyway, exlamation marks aside, it's good to see you.

RaceGrrl
02-21-04, 01:21 AM
Welcome, Rob. It's great to finally see you here. :)

TravelGal
02-27-04, 02:37 AM
Most of you who know me will agree completely with this. It just took me a while to realize. The only real replacement for TravelCART that avoids the dreaded TG of my previous TravelGal is...with appreciaton to Fitti/RhR.....TravelNut! I'm a nut about travel and a touch nutty myself sometimes so, it seems to work well on all levels.

Ankf00
02-27-04, 11:07 AM
Most of you who know me will agree completely with this. It just took me a while to realize. The only real replacement for TravelCART that avoids the dreaded TG of my previous TravelGal is...with appreciaton to Fitti/RhR.....TravelNut! I'm a nut about travel and a touch nutty myself sometimes so, it seems to work well on all levels.
copycat :p

Rob
02-27-04, 11:52 AM
Perfect! :D

Adrian_FanTX
02-27-04, 11:52 AM
Adrian_Fan_FromTX reporting for duty.

Too bad I had to shorten my handle. Would have loved to keep the same.

Fitti Fan
02-27-04, 01:24 PM

Maybe I could change to Travel Fan and really confuse 'em!!! ;)

Anteater
02-27-04, 10:41 PM

Yeeeeaaaa, Rob's here! :thumbup:

nissan gtp
02-28-04, 09:33 AM
Yeeeeaaaa, Rob's here! :thumbup:

agreed !

:D :thumbup:

fourrunner
02-28-04, 11:48 AM

Glad to see you signed up Rob!1 :thumbup:

Rob
02-28-04, 12:22 PM
Wow, thanks again everybody. It's nice to be here with you.

DjDrOmusic
02-28-04, 05:28 PM
At 7G I was who I am and have always been, which means that I'm nobody as usual!! :D ;)

Ratattack
02-28-04, 06:12 PM
Same as I am here and everywhere, but I don't post very much.

anait
02-28-04, 06:51 PM
Wow, thanks again everybody. It's nice to be here with you.

Are ya feelin' the love?? Soak it up, man!!! :p :D

Did we already have the official-chat-to-welcome-the-poster-formerly-known-as-RobG?? Complete with beer, munchies, and grownup conversation?? :thumbup:

Tedminator
03-03-04, 02:47 PM
I used to be "Buttmacher is a dirty cheating bastard", but changed it to 'TrueBrit' so that people wouldn't think I've got a 'thing' against Germans.... ;)

lol @ TB. I just had to register after reading that.

JagWarrior is also Silva.. huh. Oddly enough I got along with both. Probably because I'm bipolar.

Tedminator here, 7G, Atlasf1, RSC, Speedvision and wherever else I hung my internet hat at.

racer2c
03-03-04, 03:04 PM
lol @ TB. I just had to register after reading that.

JagWarrior is also Silva.. huh. Oddly enough I got along with both. Probably because I'm bipolar.

Tedminator here, 7G, Atlasf1, RSC, Speedvision and wherever else I hung my internet hat at.

Jag was joking.

cartcanuck
03-03-04, 03:27 PM
I'm cartcanuck here, there and everywhere. 7G was my first home, now I'm a forum tramp and live as cartcanuck here at Offcamber, at Crapwagon, and at PaddockTalk. It's the same name I've always had because if I changed it, I'd never remember it! :rofl:

pinniped
03-03-04, 05:04 PM
<<Jag was joking.>>

How can you be certain?

racer2c
03-03-04, 05:27 PM
<<Jag was joking.>>

How can you be certain?

Because he said he wasn't.
Link (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showpost.php?p=36006&postcount=7)

Hyacinth
03-04-04, 10:24 PM
And, as usual, Hyacinth's the last to arrive... and I'm Hyacinth on all the racing boards except for TF.

It seems Hyacinth was banned after her first post, so an adjustment had to be made :laugh:

Jag_Warrior
03-25-07, 12:06 PM
<bump>

I'm just curious... :p

jcollins28
03-25-07, 12:27 PM
Hey jumping into this a bit late, but I was "IamSPDRCR" over at the old board.

Kahauna Dreamer
03-25-07, 02:24 PM
I know a few of you

nissan gtp
03-25-07, 02:27 PM
wow talk about a blast from the past :rofl:

ferrarigod
03-25-07, 06:02 PM
wow talk about a blast from the past :rofl:

thinking the same thing.

i sounded like a prick 3 years ago. good to know nothing changed:rofl:

RaceGrrl
03-25-07, 11:35 PM
Wow, got kinda choked up reading posts by Railbird, Fourrunner and MadMaxFan.

:(

Indy
03-26-07, 08:41 PM
Wow, got kinda choked up reading posts by Railbird, Fourrunner and MadMaxFan.

:(

Three great old posters gone. What can you do but celebrate their lives? I know that when I go out with fellow fans, I always ask for a High Life as a small tribute to all of them.

BTW, I am Mindy, errrr, Indy, everywhere.

And this board needs more silva. :gomer:

ferrarigod
03-26-07, 09:47 PM
Whatever happened to Tedminator? I hate that when you click on someone's info on this website it won't tell the last login. I'm always interested in creepin' in the past.

G.
03-26-07, 09:55 PM
Whatever happened to Tedminator? I hate that when you click on someone's info on this website it won't tell the last login. I'm always interested in creepin' in the past.He's around.

He PM'd me from politicalforum.com, which I mostly lurk at just a bit these days.

He came back for a view a few months back.

devilmaster
03-27-07, 03:03 AM
I hate that when you click on someone's info on this website it won't tell the last login. I'm always interested in creepin' in the past.

Well, perhaps you should be interested in creepin harder on the pages instead of the past. The info is there.

Click on anyone's name to find their profile and the info is on the same line as the name but on the right.

I'll use RailBird as an example. The red arrow shows where the 'last activity' is. That is when they last logged in.

Tedminator
03-27-07, 04:05 AM
Ferrarigod, did you ever installed that turbo on your Miata?

but yah I'm still around, thanks for asking. Mostly I hangout at a political forum atm.. spreading the Gospel of Speed :)

ferrarigod
03-27-07, 02:17 PM
Ferrarigod, did you ever installed that turbo on your Miata?

but yah I'm still around, thanks for asking. Mostly I hangout at a political forum atm.. spreading the Gospel of Speed :)

Oh yea I did. Ran 12psi and blew the damn thing to smitherines one night racing a friends 3rd generation upgraded single turbo RX-7. Rebuilt the engine, and am going to wait to put the turbo back on until I get a new car in a few months.

No point in getting rid of the Miata, not enough value to warrant my time. Probably just going to get a 2005+ Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t, and then strip my Miata down to 1 seat, no carpet, no nothing, and then put the turbo back on. Get someone to weld some roll bars cause I never ended up using the ones I had bought and then resold(cause putting the top up and down was nearly impossible) and then just use the thing at the track wherever i end up in a year or so.

So the short answer is both yes and no:rofl:

ferrarigod
03-27-07, 02:19 PM
Well, perhaps you should be interested in creepin harder on the pages instead of the past. The info is there.

Click on anyone's name to find their profile and the info is on the same line as the name but on the right.

I'll use RailBird as an example. The red arrow shows where the 'last activity' is. That is when they last logged in.

Yea, I just realized that as well. It looks like when you hide your name from the front page it also hides all login data. Guess more people hide here than other sites I'm on.

thanks dm:)

Tedminator
03-27-07, 03:13 PM
Oh yea I did. Ran 12psi and blew the damn thing to smitherines one night racing a friends 3rd generation upgraded single turbo RX-7. Rebuilt the engine, and am going to wait to put the turbo back on until I get a new car in a few months.

No point in getting rid of the Miata, not enough value to warrant my time. Probably just going to get a 2005+ Audi A4 Quattro 1.8t, and then strip my Miata down to 1 seat, no carpet, no nothing, and then put the turbo back on. Get someone to weld some roll bars cause I never ended up using the ones I had bought and then resold(cause putting the top up and down was nearly impossible) and then just use the thing at the track wherever i end up in a year or so.

So the short answer is both yes and no:rofl:

okool. Sooo next step is to roll it at the track? :D

ferrarigod
03-27-07, 03:19 PM
okool. Sooo next step is to roll it at the track? :D

Nah, next step is to total it at irwindale:gomer: