PDA

View Full Version : Can members contribute $$$$ to help keep OffCamber in the black?

Brickman
02-13-04, 11:55 PM
Pay Pal?????

lone_groover
02-14-04, 12:26 AM
Pay Pal?????

All we'd need would be an email address.

:)

A.I.
02-14-04, 04:11 AM
I was quite pleasantly surprised to see this thread - albeit with hardly any traffic.

I can speak from first hand experience that the people who provide these sorts of services for all the fans are EXTREMELY dedicated. I don't think you'd find many people who were ever as dedicated to their work. It is an immense shame that the return for such dedication and commitment is so meagre.

I understand that a vast majority of the loyal and extremely grateful fans to these sites aren't able to comprehend the amount of time and effort that goes into the upkeep of such sites. For the administrators they aren't websites, they're a way of life.

I was deeply saddened to hear that such dedication and devotion resulted in such loss for one such administrator in the past - yet I am pleased to see now that the aforementioned fans are rallying behind their favourite site in order to make their own small contribution.

As an example of how small a contribution would need to be made....if I were to solely run a site that was of the calibre of 7G circa 2001, and we counted a mere 5000 members....$4 a year from each member would be sufficient for me to provide something that would even surpass the greatness of 7G.

That wasn't a request....just an outline of how an extremely small contribution on the part of many can enhance the lives of those who have devoted themselves to your informed enjoyment!

WickerBill
02-14-04, 09:48 AM
If the time comes for me to upgrade my "plan" in order to keep up with OCs traffic, then I promise I will ask.

Until then, I would rather not. You didn't pay for 7G and you got more than just forums there.

Several people have sent money in the past, unsolicited. It was greatly appreciated and used to pay my host in advance, which means that OC is paid up for several more months.

So unless our load doubles in the next few weeks, keep your checkbooks closed and enjoy the forums. :)

SteveH
02-14-04, 12:55 PM
WB, with 7G gone and Champ Cars being reborn, I hope your bandwidth requirements doubles or triples this year. If and when that happens, just post a request for help and we'll be there.

Until then, thanks for your efforts and contribution to the sport. :thumbup:

fourrunner
02-14-04, 02:22 PM
Count me in.... Just say the word!! :thumbup:

A.I.
02-14-04, 08:51 PM
Perhaps the vast majority didn't pay, but it cost the small minority more than it ever should.

fourrunner
02-14-04, 08:58 PM
WickerBill

I'm so glad you have a "Plan" and not a "Vision" ! ;) :thumbup:

RichK
02-14-04, 09:54 PM
Count me in.... Just say the word!! :thumbup:

Ditto.

Adrian_FanTX
03-09-04, 07:30 PM
I am in too.

It is greatly appreciated all the hard work that goes into maintining the site.

Keep up the EXCELENT work WB.