PDA

View Full Version : Dalziel confirmed for 2004 with new teammate Ranger

devilmaster
02-13-04, 05:58 PM
http://www.crash.net/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=3&nid=85272

Ryan Dalziel will pilot the ProWorks/Daily Record Car for Sierra Sierra. Beside him will be the 2003 Fran Am champ Andrew Ranger.

Steve

nrc
02-15-04, 04:55 PM
Good news. Dalziel actually kept up with Almendinger a few times. :)

Sean O'Gorman
02-16-04, 12:36 AM
Dalziel will be the class of the field this year, I predict 5 wins.

baffle
02-16-04, 12:52 AM
Good news. Dalziel actually kept up with Almendinger a few times. :)

ya. he even kept up with danica in that last race. :p

Jay
03-19-04, 11:10 PM
Just to bring this topic back...

Don't count out the 17 year old Ranger... he was very impressive in Fran-Am last year taking the championship over much more experienced and highly rated Charless Hall and Robert Bell from the much more competitive British Formula Renault. And in the first test for Toyota Atlantics, he was right on Dalziel's tail.

In defence of Dalziel not beating Allmendinger last year, the 'yellow cars' were by far the class of the field last year, and although they had great drivers, they also had the best cars - even Lynx racing at times was just happy to keep pace with them. I think if Dalziel and Allmendinger had equal equipment, some might have been in for a surprised... Dalzeil was faster Ryan Hunter-Reay at Hylton in 2002, and finished 2nd to Kimi Raikkonen in British FRenault...so he's mighty quick.

Getting back to Ranger though, if he continues his pace, he's one to watch and the big interest for myself this year in Atlantic... keep an eye on him! :thumbup:

Nosuchsoul
03-22-04, 03:21 PM
We will soon find out about Allmendinger. IMO I think the lad will impress all doubters. Right out of karts, completely dominates Barber Dodge, next year completely dominates Atlantic's. I think Dalziel is a great driver and I do think he will move up to Champ car, but I do think A.J. may just be the new phenom, like the SO young Paul Tracy was in the early 90's. I do hope he is the next Kimi or Alonso. I may be wrong, but I do not think so. He does so well in any formulae he races in. Ack, here's hoping.