PDA

View Full Version : I seem to have disabled my posting functions

oddlycalm
02-13-04, 05:42 PM
I seem to have managed to disable my browsers ability to use any of the underling, hyperlink posting or graemlin functions in the posting window (insert EEK! graemlin). Any ideas on how I managed this feat? Perhaps a change of my security functions?

oc

WickerBill
02-13-04, 06:36 PM
I just checked your profile and it's set to show the posting helps. Very odd indeed. I went ahead and reset it, so let me know if it's healed (though I doubt it).

Turn7
02-13-04, 06:40 PM
I bet you have it set to the basic editor.

Click on User CP

Under Control Panel- settings and options
Click Edit Options

Scroll to the bottom of the page to the Miscellaneous Options and chose the Standard Editor-Extra Formatting controls in the drop down box.

Then Click Save Changes.

oddlycalm
02-14-04, 12:44 AM
Thanks WickerBill. I've never had any problem until I beefed up my security functions. Probably a self-inflcited wound...

Thanks Turn7, the 'Standard Editor-Extra Formatting' is set correctly. I'll mess around on my end when I get some time.

oc

JoeBob
02-14-04, 12:59 AM
Disabling Javascript might cause that problem.

oddlycalm
02-14-04, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestions folks, but in the end it was one of the privacy functions in ZoneAlarm Pro that was causing the trouble. Like many other utilities, ZoneAlarm Pro loads the gun and hands it to you. It's left up to the user to shoot themselves in the genitals. Obviously, I managed to find the trigger...:gomer:

oc