PDA

View Full Version : Should we start a Petty Futility thread? --- Fittipaldi released.

devilmaster
02-13-04, 10:07 AM
I agree it doesn't have the same ring.....

Anyways....

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/TorontoSun/Sports/2004/02/13/345946.html

After the ramblings of Jimmy Spenser of all hated things stockbroker, its reported that Christian has been released from his Petty contract. :gomer:

Steve

JT265
02-13-04, 10:30 AM
I would like to "short" 1000 shares of Jimmy Spencer please.

:D

racer2c
02-13-04, 10:36 AM
Sponsorship dried up? I thought sponsors were falling all over themselves to get into NASCAR. Hmm. Does that mean that NASCAR isn't being broadcast in Brazil this year?

rabbit
02-13-04, 10:58 AM
Howzabout a "Pathetic Petty Report?"

pchall
02-13-04, 11:40 AM
Howzabout a "Pathetic Petty Report?"

Good alliteration and a beat you can dance to...

4wheeldrifter
02-13-04, 02:46 PM
Never quite understood that relationship anyway.

Maybe we can get him back in OWRS. I know there are those that don't like Christian, but he was one of the best when it came to fan-freindly. Way more so than his teammate in CART (I know, not saying much).

Sean O'Gorman
02-13-04, 04:39 PM
I would like to "short" 1000 shares of Jimmy Spencer please.

:D

:rofl:

It must've been all those guys who aren't capable of winning Cup races that built NASCAR, huh Jimmy?

Steve99
02-13-04, 04:49 PM
Wasn't Fitti just on WindTunnel last week? What did he talk about?

WickerBill
02-13-04, 05:04 PM
Putting yourself in a Petty car is, unfortunately, very close to career suicide. Almost everything you've done up to that point will look better than what you do at Petty... so you'll appear to be going downhill.

theunions
02-13-04, 06:42 PM
Wasn't Fitti just on WindTunnel last week? What did he talk about?

Among many other subjects, he said lack of sponsorship meant no Petty car for him at Daytona in either ARCA, Busch or Cup. But I also thought he said at that time they (Petty) were still trying for later in the year...

DaveL
02-13-04, 11:00 PM
Putting yourself in a Petty car is, unfortunately, very close to career suicide. Almost everything you've done up to that point will look better than what you do at Petty... so you'll appear to be going downhill.

Short of getting into one of AJ's dog sleds, that is...

Winston Wolfe
02-14-04, 01:58 PM
Never quite understood that relationship anyway.

Maybe we can get him back in OWRS. I know there are those that don't like Christian, but he was one of the best when it came to fan-freindly. Way more so than his teammate in CART (I know, not saying much).

Besides have a great last name, and lots of Brazilian hotties to chose from, what did CF really do in CART? :cry:
AFAIK, he used to put himself in tough situations with backmarkers, get collected when trying to make a silly passing move on said backmarker. Then, when interviewed on pit lane, he always seemed to blame the "other guy"...
He drove for one of the best teams (NH) always seemed to have good equipment and took himself out of contention quite often. :shakehead
I wouldn't mind seeing him back in CART, as he is a recognized name. Kinda makes you wonder why his Uncle doesnt snatch him up, and get him in a car?
Team Fitto...
Could be interesting now that he does not have a ride in Busch?

RTKar
02-14-04, 06:30 PM

Not that I care, but Petty = Foyt.....time has past them by.

Madmaxfan2
02-16-04, 05:37 PM
Sure is not 1967 anymore. Time has passed them by. Maybe Honda will take them up when Honda follows Toyota into NASCARland. It is the only way I see Petty catching up soon.

Ankf00
02-16-04, 06:00 PM
patheticness
pitiable
pitifulness

or just plain poor :)

RTKar
02-16-04, 08:20 PM
Not that I care, but Petty = Foyt.....time has past them by.

Umm..yes ..."passed" not past :shakehead