PDA

View Full Version : FOYT FUTILITY 02-12-04

Wheel-Nut
02-12-04, 06:46 PM
Larry makes the Daytona 500 field with his first provisional of the year. He is starting 41st, next to Mr. Personality Jimmy Spencer.

Don Quixote
02-12-04, 06:55 PM
What is the over/under for how many laps he stays on the lead lap? :)

Turn7
02-12-04, 08:20 PM
My calculations have it at lap 47.

Without any cautions, he will be lapped before they make the second pit stop.

FCYTravis
02-12-04, 08:38 PM
:sigh:

Why doesn't he quit while he's behind?

DaveL
02-12-04, 10:44 PM
Lucky for AJ's team they were basically assured a starting spot this year because there were so few entries-barely enough to fill the 43 car field.

For those who are wondering, AJ has gone 0 for NASCAR as a car owner. Funny how the only series he can win in (USAC/IRL) are those run by IMS.

Racewriter
02-12-04, 11:20 PM
Lucky for AJ's team they were basically assured a starting spot this year because there were so few entries-barely enough to fill the 43 car field.

For those who are wondering, AJ has gone 0 for NASCAR as a car owner. Funny how the only series he can win in (USAC/IRL) are those run by IMS.

Dave, it wasn't a points race, but Foyt did win a 125 in 1979, in his own car. And Ron Hutcherson was 4th or 5th in the 125 that year in Foyt's other car. Doesn't disprove the point, but...

cart7
02-12-04, 11:22 PM
Haven't they changed the provisional rules this year? Surely they won't even bother to load the transporters once the freebies are used up.

JT265
02-13-04, 12:26 AM
In all honesty, it's sad what a laughing stock the fat champs ops have become.

Joe in LA
02-13-04, 04:42 PM
AJ didn't know when to quit as a driver, and has shown the same lack of self-awareness as an owner.

pchall
02-16-04, 10:25 AM
AJ didn't know when to quit as a driver, and has shown the same lack of self-awareness as an owner.

Larry finishes twenty-four laps down in twenty-eigth place, ahead of only gimps, wrecks and engine failures.

:shakehead

WickerBill
02-16-04, 10:29 AM
Only 38 entries for Rockinham, I read. Good news for Mr. Foyt.

Sean O'Gorman
02-17-04, 01:29 AM
From jayski.com:

#14 gets a sponsor for the 500 UPDATE: The LPGA Tour will sponsor Larry Foyt's #14 Dodge in Sunday's Daytona 500, the first time the top women's professional golf circuit has advertised on a car in NASCAR's biggest race.(Fort Worth Star Telegram)(2-14-2004)
UPDATE: Model-shoot photos of LPGA players Laura Diaz, Cristie Kerr and Natalie Gulbis will adorn the car driven by Larry Foyt in the Daytona 500. The one-race sponsorship deal is part of the LPGA's effort to increase visibility. Given the way the pictures look, it's clear they're trying to show off some of their players in the most flattering light possible. Like NASCAR, the LPGA is based in Daytona. Diaz and Kerr will have their pictures on the front hood of Foyt's car and Gulbis' will be on the hood of the trunk.(Greenville News/AP)(2-15-2004)

I sware, you can't make this stuff up! :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
02-17-04, 01:33 AM
I offer you, the loyal Foyt Futility Thread Reader, some hilarious pics just dying for some captions:

http://www.lpga.com/content/photos/larrylaurachat.jpg

http://www.lpga.com/content/photos/diazandfoytspose.jpg

http://www.lpga.com/content/photos/diazandfoyt1.jpg
"See, the problem with the car is its going slow because the undertray has been painted." :laugh:

Racewriter
02-17-04, 09:58 AM
Only 38 entries for Rockinham, I read. Good news for Mr. Foyt.

44 according to Jayski.

chop456
02-17-04, 10:14 AM
Who are the people in those pics besides tub-o? (Nice shirt, BTW)

Brickman
02-17-04, 11:25 AM
Who are the people in those pics besides tub-o? (Nice shirt, BTW)

Her pic is on the hood. That's Laura Diaz.

chop456
02-17-04, 12:03 PM
Her pic is on the hood. That's Laura Diaz.

Ahhh....

This must be part of the LPGA's new "Not all of our golfers are old, fat lesbians" campaign I've been hearing about. ;)

It's absolutely hilarious that a good 'ol boy like Anthony has been "relegated" to accepting money from wimmin's sports organizations. He must be churning inside. (And not from digestion).

Anyway, the futility continues....

pchall
02-17-04, 12:45 PM
It's absolutely hilarious that a good 'ol boy like Anthony has been "relegated" to accepting money from wimmin's sports organizations.

Just wait until AJFore! shows up in May sponsored by the WNBA -- shades of the old Calumet Farms sponsorship for ol' AJ. :D